HTTP 403 (Forbidden)

While using DataStore2, any time I attempt to get data of any kind, It throws the HTTP 403 (Forbidden) error in the output. I have enabled Allow HTTP Services and Enable Studio Access to API Services. The exact same code works in another game… I am at a lost. Is this ROBLOX being ROBLOX or am I missing something…

8 Likes

Maybe there’s a nil calling to any of the datastore2 functions?

2 Likes

Nothing is nil…

4 Likes

Click this bad boy at the top of Roblox Studio

Then enable this

14 Likes

Did you read my post? Both of those settings are enabled.

5 Likes

My bad, Is this issue occurring on any other places? or is it specific to this place

Edit: I am very tired, I just re-read your post again and it says that it is specific to this place

3 Likes

I was about to say… But yes, its specific to this place.

3 Likes

Is it possible that I could see the code?

Edit: Try restarting studio (Source: Datastore not working? - #3 by CaptinLetus)

2 Likes

Did you remember to combine your keys in DataStore2? Ordered datastores have pretty low limits on requests so if you have multiple keys that aren’t combined you can hit it pretty quickly. Check the api documentation

2 Likes

Possibly, did you try restarting Studio after changing the settings?

1 Like

Had this problem with DS2 a few days ago. Restarting studio fixed the problem

1 Like

I have restarted studio multiple times, it does not work.

2 Likes

If DataStore2 was the problem, then there’d be an error specific to DataStore2 or a different status code, not an HTTP 403. 403 means unauthorised access. Rate limits do not trigger a 403, not having Studio access on presents an entirely different error and Http services are not required to use DataStores.

Only thing left is where you’re working from. If you don’t own the place, you can’t use its DataStores.

5 Likes

I do, and I have access. Its a waiting period… Once I gave it a couple hours, it decided to work.

1 Like

I just had the same issue - I fixed it by setting the place access from private to public

23 Likes

Mine’s currently public, and I’m getting 2 assets showing up with HTTP 403 (Forbidden). Granted, both look like this:
Have they been moderated, or is something else going on?

2 Likes

They’ve been moderated, or you uploaded a picture of the “content deleted” decal. This is completely unrelated to the error the OP posted.

If you want to appeal the action, DM @Mod_Review_Requests.

1 Like

seams strange as anything related to the material carbon fibre is giving me this error

1 Like

But my place is public already how do I fix it

7 Likes

you cant fix it, its something that cannot be done in roblox studio but can be done in the game on roblox, its like roblox studio isnt made for certain things like reserving a server because why would roblox studio do it. only if you play the game (not on roblox studio)