HTTP Unknown Error (HttpError:SslConnectFail)

I’ve been tracking them in popular roleplay groups which get tons of requests, and am getting 1K+ errors a week with multiple reasons. Some reasons are “ConnectFail”, “SslConnectFail”, “DnsResolve”, “Timedout”, and “curl:52, Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)”.

3 Likes

Hello
I am also getting, big, red, frequent errors…
None of my meshes, unions or animations gets loaded most of the time.
https://gyazo.com/901538752b5b12f6f2dbd659635164ee.png

3 Likes

I have to bump this thread, as this is happening to me as well, apparently, very frequently for some players.

3 Likes

I seem to be getting an increase of HTTP 500 errors being logged across multiple API endpoints, including GetRankInGroup. These errors all occurring in 3 minutes on multiple clients:

2 Likes

I’m facing the same problems on my end aswell. An increase of HTTP 500 Errors.
https://gyazo.com/969e149c69418858c8b375aaa6c0df07

2 Likes

Same exact thing.

1 Like

Happening all the time now, literally 30% of our player base can’t play. It’s not consistent though, as only some players have it in our game.

This needs to be fixed, as our scripts rely on getRankInGroup.

Edit:
Apparently now people can’t even pass the anti bot check? Not sure if this is related, but seems that roblox servers might be having problems.

1 Like

I’m also gettting errors

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue in my game, Province of New Kempton - Roblox

1 Like

Our game is completely unplayable currently due to HTTP 500 errors across multiple endpoints, including IsInGroup, ChatService, and GetRankInGroup

3 Likes

This post is not about the recent HTTP 500 errors. I have created a new thread for those specific errors as it’s affecting more endpoints than just GetRankInGroup. Increase In HTTP 500 Errors On API Endpoints

4 Likes

I’ll put up a report. It is not only me that is having this issue.

HTTP 500: INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

Output:

More output & Effected Scripts

All three scripts are crucial to our games as we need to auto-team players based on their group ranks.

The problem is ongoing. It was reported by multiple players from our community around 15:15 EST+1, and it is not only happening to our games. This is also reported to be an ongoing issue in a few other events.

It occurs both in Roblox Studio and in-game.

Effected Games:

Please have this fixed ASAP please, our game at this stage is extremely unstable. Thank you.

3 Likes

Roblox services are down, please wait for them to be back up.

2 Likes

:GetRankInGroup() is not working
HTTP 500

2 Likes

Having the same issue/error in a group game. (HttpError:SslConnectFail)
Screenshot_510

2 Likes

Now I am getting the error

Http Request failed: HttpError: SslConnectFail
1 Like

Hello! The issue seems to persist again. I am using HttpService to issue a remote GET request to my REST API on a remote server that I built. I’ve already tested my REST API to make sure that its working, and it is. The reason why this is so much of an issue is because when a person makes a purchase, it sends it to my database then other games can also get the player’s purchases. If someone made a purchase of like 700 Robux and didn’t get anything, then it would practically be a scam. This is what I am getting:

I am wondering if it would be possible for anyone to look into this at the time, because I need to quickly continue my work and am unable due to the error. Also, it might help to know that the system was working perfectly fine yesterday with no problems, and today is when I am just experiencing these issues. Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Is this a built-in function to interact with a Roblox API, because that’s what this thread is about. If this is your own external server using HttpService, this is an issue with your server and not a problem on Roblox’s end. There’s most likely something wrong with your SSL certificate if you are getting this error on your own server.

2 Likes

That’s weird, because my Http server was working well the previous night. Then, the next day after making no changes, it stops working. An hour later, its working again. I’m certain that its an issue with Roblox, because when I test it on every platform besides Roblox, its working all hours of the day.

2 Likes

bit of a bump because I’m currently experiencing this issue and it’s still gamebreaking.