Increase In HTTP 500 Errors On API Endpoints

2 days ago, I started getting a disturbing amount of random HTTP 500 errors returned from Roblox when ranking users. They come in random bursts and usually lasted around a few minutes. However, now Roblox games are being affected more by this bug and functions like GetRankInGroup are starting to fail for some people. The errors usually happened in bursts, but now it’s happening more frequently and is just coming up random at this point. Sometimes the error will occur many times in a row after requests to retry, but sometimes another request will go through. Times below are shown in PST.

Affected Endpoints (so far):
GetRankInGroup, GetRoleInGroup, IsInGroup
Others in the replies, namely DataStoreService

PATCH /v1/groups/{groupId}/users/{userId}

GET /v1/groups/{groupId}/roles

GET /v2/users/{userId}/groups/roles

Bot Information:
GroupID: 3122108
Username: Bakiez_Bot1234
UserId: 588740505

GroupID: 4820413
Username: LibertyAirRankBot
UserId: 1061445052

Errors from user clients in game:

Some people are expressing their troubles in this post, however the replies are completely irrelevant to the original topic and this is a more widespread issue than GetRankInGroup.

13 Likes

What npm package your using for the bot, because it might be a request error or a major glitch.

Can confirm this is occuring In-Game as well

3 Likes

it’s nothing related to bot. Happens both in game and via http api directly.

2 Likes

I request to the Roblox API myself, I don’t use an npm package. This has worked for 2+ years.

1 Like

Ok, sometimes this happens due to too much HTTP Requests.

1 Like

Unfortunately it is not only the bot and the API. It seems like Roblox is having server issue.

It appears to me that Roblox is not having some fun time dealing with getting information externally from outside of the game.

2 Likes

This doesn’t seem to be issue from 2 days ago. Might be a certain server failing 100% times. It started not long ago.

1 Like

It seems it started becoming an issue two days ago.

1 Like

sslconnectfail is different issue. Shouldn’t be connected with this topic. Sslconnectfail happens when server can’t init connection because of handshake issues or issues with ssl cert. This one is caused by api failure.

1 Like

It depends on the server for roblox, you might want to look at the front page again.

I’m completely aware. Though, I didn’t have perms to create a bug report post, so I had to start off by replying to a post.

I’d be happy to bring my report over to this post.

There were small traces of this error from a few days ago that weren’t appearing before, but now it seems to be more widespread.

I think it’s better to put the report up here as it makes more sense to report it in this post.

HTTP 500: INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

Output:

More output & Effected Scripts

All three scripts are crucial to our games as we need to auto-team players based on their group ranks.

The problem is ongoing. It was reported by multiple players from our community around 15:15 EST+1, and it is not only happening to our games. This is also reported to be an ongoing issue in a few other events.

It occurs both in Roblox Studio and in-game.

Effected Games:

Please have this fixed ASAP please, our game at this stage is extremely unstable. Thank you.

Update the thread with username and userid of the bot’s roblox account. Will be easier to trace the error for Roblox.

This isn’t just a bot error…

This is an error that occurs ingame when using their GetRankInGroup/GetRoleInGroup/IsUserInGroup API.

Error 500 is a endpoint error which Roblox themselves need to fix.

@popeeyy mentioned (separate) API issue with updating user’s rank in group. To perform such action, a bot account is required. It will be helpful to include the information about the bot so Roblox can trace the error internally.

1 Like

Yes I can confirm this is an API Error, @popeeyy I am trying to see a Group but this error comes up Unable to Load members for the selected role

1 Like

So I guess we are all on the same page. Though, I am wondering if this problem is happening at a dramatically higher rate just after my studio & client update 30 minutes ago or is it an ongoing issue for a couple of days?

OH CRAP!
That’s why my leaderstats script does not display my Group Rank.