I can't export an R6 rig to Blender

I’ve been trying to export an r6 rig to blender for some animation but no matter what I do it will not work.

What’s happen is that the bones (rig/armatures) are not working properly, they either don’t move at all or they move a different part of he body (The right arm bone was moving the left leg).

Upon using the Blender Animations plugin to export the R6 rig, the plugin gave 2 warnings. Both for decals. To attempt to fix this I had to delete both decals, find the mesh id for the classic ROBLOX head (The head is a special mesh so it can have both the texture id and mesh id in one part) because upon applying the texture id to the special mesh the head would disappear. After I got rid of the decals and fixed the head and exported it again.

And yet again It didn’t work.

I’ve noticed something really odd with the plugin as well lately, when I’ve been exporting rigs instead of the folder having just the .MTL file, .OBJ file and any textures it needs there’s weirdly named file, I assume this is some sort of data?
It’s named like this metaH27HKDLFCJLSBFg (I believe the actual file name is longer than this, but you get the idea). I updated the plugin (My version was out of date) and the same issue is occurring (I’m talking about the ROBLOX plugin, the blender plugin has 0 issues importing my other main r15 rig). @Den_S I’m tagging you in this so you can see this and hopefully fix it if it’s a plugin related issue.

This didn’t start happening until yesterday, when I was exporting a view model (I can’t remember if there were warnings upon exporting it).

I currently use the latest version of the ROBLOX plugin. And my blender version is currently 3.0. I Don’t know how up to date the blender plugin is (I redownloaded the plugin right after blender 3.0 came out as I couldn’t find the original file for it). I use @AlreadyPro’s plugin for import avatars in studio. And I use rig edit lite (I don’t know the creators name) for custom rigging.

Edit: I just export an R15 rig and it is now having the same issue (There was a warning for the decal, being the face). Note this was done on a blank game. Just the plain baseplate.

2 Likes

As this is a specific bug to Den_S’s plugin I’d post it on their topic. Several people are on forums reporting it doesn’t work, you’ll need to wait for the developer to release an update.

Oh ok, I’ll got there and tell him thank you! I should probably back up the one working rig I have then. Once again thank you and have a nice day!

Is your problem fixed? I’m getting it too.
I’m very disappointed, because i can’t do comms and etc