I can't get rid of Script Recovery alerts when I open my project

Reproduction Steps

I think there is no way for anyone else to reproduce

Expected Behavior

The alert should disappear once I save my project

Actual Behavior

Every time I open my project, I get this popup:

You were disconnected from the last Team Create session without saving your scripts.
Some of those scripts have either been changed or are currently being edited by another user.
Please see the Script Recovery Widget to resolve these files.

I have no options to discard these files:

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-02-13 00:02:00 (-03:00)

13 Likes

I managed to solve this problem:

1. Close all Studio Instances
  2. Delete all files inside %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Roblox\ScriptAutosaves
16 Likes

Alternatively, expand the widget until the X button is visible; you can use that to discard the file. I would still consider this a bug though.

8 Likes

You’re right. I reopened the topic. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll keep you updated on progress!

3 Likes

This is a high frequency annoyance that should be fixed. I had no idea how to resolve it until I saw the two awesome solutions in this thread.

I believe there are some straightforward solutions to this problem since it’s not clear how to stop the Script Recovery widget from popping up when the default state is docked.

3 Likes

I am having the same issue here, multiple saves, publishes, all scripts commited but still every time I get lost script data in team create

3 Likes

Also having this issue.

I tried deleting the script it was referencing, but now the script recovery just says the script doesn’t exist, but it’s still popping up every time I open my project. It’s not the end of the world, but I don’t quite understand the mechanic of how this tool would help me resolve differences, or what action it wants me to take.

No matter what I’ve done to the scripts, or how many times I’ve saved them it still just appears and tells me there’s differences.

Same issue here. Its not the end of the world but its really annoying + freezes studio for 5-10 seconds for me

Thank you. This helped me as well. I don’t understand why they would cut off the X button first. This has plagued me for months.

Hi! Script recovery will go away with the Live Scripting feature. If you want to eliminate the problem now just enable live scripting for your projects: Live Scripting Beta - #3 by BladianMC

Thanks!

2 Likes