I recreated the Nintendo 3DS in memory of the Nintendo Eshop

Hello!

Some of you may heard of the recent news that the Nintendo Eshop for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U will be closing soon and it’s a bit sad to hear. :sad:

(Source from Nintendolife)

To show respect and memory of the discontinued 3DS, and soon the Eshop, I built a 3DS using parts in Roblox Studio.

Build

It also looks pretty nice on display

(NOTE: I didn’t make the interior, that was free model!)

Constructive Criticism is Appreciated! :+1:

18 Likes

Wow, that looks great. Nice work!

3 Likes

Looks highly professional! It looks exactly like a 3DS.

10/10

3 Likes

I didn’t know the Nintendo eShop was closing on 3DS. I have very good memories of playing games with my cousins on our 3DSs. It will be sad to see it go…

Nice build though! It looks a lot like the real thing! Mine is actually red, so double points to you! :wink:

3DSs? Is that how you’d say it? I’m not sure but couldn’t think of any other way! :joy:

4 Likes

It’s pronounced 3.D.S. Also @Ch_0q Very nice work! It’s cool to see old gaming systems.

1 Like

I’m sorry. I meant how would you say it in the plural form. I know how to pronounce it.

I guess I’m old…

1 Like

Seriously, I loved both the 3DS and Wii U because of their charm and nostalgia that gives me. Thankfully, I still have those old consoles with me, including the Wii too I think!

I’ve actually been playing on my 3DS just recently; was playing Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

3 Likes

Absolute awesome! I really wish i could own a 3DS right now and play Mario Kart 7. But nice job!

1 Like

As someone who recently picked up a 3DS XL due to this closure date (and haven’t bothered to spend anything on the Wii U and 3DS eShops lol), I will say this is alright. I’ve grinded 100 hours in ACNL over 2 months, send help.

The bottom bezel on the top screen is way too thin, and you need to make the top bezel a bit thinner.

You should add some speaker grills on both sides if you haven’t (not very visible if you have).

Also, the select home and start buttons aren’t raised.

And finally, the screens aspect ratios do not feel right (for reference, the top screen should be around 400x240 and the bottom screen likely 320x240).

Also, a view of the back would be nice.

If you want me to rate it, probably about a 6/10.

If you need some inspiration:

get tomodachi life and acnl while yall can

2 Likes

:despair:

anyways, pretty neat model! Rest In Peace 3DS

3 Likes