ICYMI: Experience controls test starting November 20!

i agree with you, but roblox will not listen to you because they are too busy making kids being able to talk with strangers

7 Likes

Slick update over the previous design. Moving all the buttons to the left was definitely a good choice!

1 Like

The lack of symmetry along with the giant gap above the player list is going to drive me crazy. Please give us a way to choose which side of the screen we want the unibar on, or let us move the player list up.

5 Likes

I like the overall design, but theres just way too many features lacking which makes it annoying and unfortunate.

I think that there should be an option to hide all coreui completely, atleast on pc, and instead add a forced keybind such as esc.

As well as that i think that developers should 100% be able to hide the second menu/shelf since it seems unnecessary to be forced.

1 Like

I am saying that they are hiding the chat behind a menu. There should be three buttons on the top bar, The roblox logo, chat, then the button that expands the other options. I should not have to do two clicks to open up the chat, it is very inconvenient.

1 Like

Or maybe an option to disable all buttons and make us own buttons to toggle core Gui menus or make fully your own I mean I made my own leaderboard but not chat since the rbx chat is fine

Wow. Hot garbage, that’s all I have to say to describe this. The current one feels intrusive enough, why is it necessary to make it less compact?

And the chat… the elephant in the room here, is hidden behind a menu, which is stupid. R.I.P. mobile user quality of life. I’m hoping that we PC players, at least, can access the chat with slash (like normal) without opening this menu or causing it to open by pressing slash.

Additionally, I hope players will be able to adjust the size of this menu, or, even better switch back to the old one (which is, honestly, what everyone wants here!).

Honestly, I’m most concerned about older games that aren’t getting updated anymore. If this gets added some UIs might look unusual, overlap with the new experience controls or even get broken. Could we get a compromise where only newly updated games will receive this, similarly to how the old and new chat systems can be set by the dev?

Edit: is it possible to open the menu, open the chat and close the menu again without closing chat? If so that would mostly eliminate the chat problem.

i kinda like the design of it, its somewhat clean and intuitive, however there are some stuff i dont like about it

honestly tho, i think the respawn and report buttons kinda useless in the menu

because, one the suicide button ask you if you wanna die (might be better if it was instantaneous)
and the report button you gotta fill out information about the person/experience

both would be better if the roblox cheezit logo did that
because in the escape menu you got an option to respawn and also to report
becuz you got extra junk and too overwhelming for the player and plus i think it’ll be the same amount of button clicks to do that

if you look really closely the at top part of the circle gets cut off, and it kinda annoys me

just leave the chat like it is, its like one of the most used features
and also maybe inventory?

next i think you gotta move the expandable thingy to the right side cuz i might missclick and click the cheezit logo instead (probably be the benefit to the mobile player if moved to the right side)

ITS TOO CLOSE TO EACH OTHER
and also just looks off not symmetrical

also way wayy too many button clicks

1. click the expandable thingy
  2. click the waffle icon, or whatever its called
  3. click whichever icon you desire
  4. click to close the ui
  5. and one last one to close the expandable menu

and thats my hot take about it, its a bit more confusing than last ui design

4 Likes

My big problem is the chat being built in to the hamburger menu, but if the Roblox menu and hamburger menu are separate, then there won’t be enough UI/UX space. I think they should swap the positions of the chat and Roblox menu because people need to chat more than change the graphics settings and volume.

2 Likes

is there a way to detect if the new menu is opened or closed? i dont want it blocking my ui so i wanna move my ui when its opened

I found something even worse about this UI
not only is it larger than the old one, its larger than the taskbar on my laptop!

this shouldnt be the case at all

7 Likes

I can say one thing and one thing only.

DO. NOT. DO. IT.

This update is horrible. Every update you are shoving Rthro in our faces, but nobody needs it. The new UI sucks. We are engineers, not architects who like circles just because they are round and omg its r^2*pi.
Also, who wanted communication with camera? Most people do not and will not have dynamic faces. And the UI design? You added a button to show more buttons. Great. Amazing. Good job from the Roblox development team.

3 Likes

I would be fine with this if the height of the topbar was left alone, but as usual you guys just make changes without thinking. Apart from ruining existing UIs with this, you’ve also ruined your own leaderboard since there is now a ton of space between it and the top of the screen.

6 Likes

I mean, this is kind of necessary if you don’t want the UI to occupy the entire screen… but they way they executed it was bottom-tier bad.

1 Like

It would be better if the buttons weren’t so big on lower end devices. for me its just too big on my screen.

2 Likes

It would be really nice to have an option to move the default leaderboard up so that the top of it aligns with the left buttons.

6 Likes

The

I think you know. Also, thanks for fixing the chat button thing last minute!

3 Likes

There isn’t, SetCoreGuiEnabled with Enum.CoreGuiType.All does not disable any of the new topbar elements.

1 Like

I doubt the leaderboard will stay here in the end, it will probably get moved up once it is pushed to all clients.

Or, they’ll change it to some BS design we’ll all hate.

1 Like

“Sound Tracking On” has to be the weirdest phrasing I’ve ever heard for “your mic is unmuted”.

7 Likes