IDs for new ROBLOX animations to load them into NPCs?

I didn’t really know what subforum to put this post in. I want to make my NPCs shrug, dance, and salute, and since I’m not the best animator, I was wondering if there is a way to make NPCs do that? All I need is the animation ID. ROBLOX seems to allow users to use /e wave etc, which I currently use. Where can I find the animation IDs for the new ones?

1 Like

Yes there is a way to do this, just load the animation into the NPC like you would do with a normal character, and make sure the NPC is rigged like a normal humanoid, if you are using a custom rig there might be a harder process to make animations work. Also, if you still don’t know how to do this, let me know, I can try making you an example game :smiley:

I understand, but where do I find the animation ids?

Once you create an animation, go to the group or your profile, find the animation you named, just like a UserId, you will see the animationID, you copy that and make an animation, and then put the animationID in that animation, and load that into the NPC.

Edit; You cannot use others animations, they must be uploaded to something you own, or are a developer in

I’m talking about the ROBLOX animations for shrug. Do i need to make my own?

1 Like

No you do not, here is the post for all the animation ID’s made by Roblox, you can use Roblox’s animations

List of the Animations

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’ve been looking for this.

Edit: Nevermind, that doesn’t have the new roblox animations? Like the shrug and salute.

1 Like

Are you attempting to try emotes? Here is the catalog area of it, try getting the assetID, I don’t know how emotes function, but I’ll go into studio and see if I can find you the animation ID’s if the assetID doesn’t work for you! :smiley:

Emote Catalog

1 Like

What I’m trying to do:
I want to make non player characters do the NEW ROBLOX emotes like shrug and salute. I already have the ids for wave, cheer, etc. I’m looking for the new ones.

1 Like

Yes, if you could find the new animation IDs that would be great!

Which animation ID’s did you want again?

I’m hoping to just get a list of all of them, but I would mainly prefer the shrug ID and the shy ID

If you would like me to send the script I can, all I did was add a statement in every area where an emote is played;

print(emote.AnimationId)

Here is the Shy animation ID it printed;

http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=3337978742

And here is the shrug animation ID it printed;

http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=3334392772

Pretty hacky solution, but there ya go.

4 Likes

That would be good. I just need the animation IDs.

Just to show this works, I used a free model hotwired script and pasted the animation ID’s.

Thank you so much! I appreciate your help.

Anytime, glad I could help!

Here is the script, make sure to put it into startercharacterscripts.
CustomAnimationPrinter.rbxm (9.2 KB)

This should print them into the output, and then you can copy it!

3 Likes

What did y ou use for the emote variable