IK Controls are now out of beta!

Wow, i was trying to figure out FABRIK for a while but i just couldn’t get it. This might be one of my favorite updates

1 Like

Question: do IKControls replicate from client to server? Like, if I handle them from a local script, will other players see the animation?

1 Like

It wouldn’t make sense if they didn’t. So many use cases would be destroyed if it doesn’t

I dont think the properties do, if you set them client side, but the movement itself does.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOO
Finally! Alright, time to test it out later on!

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but one of the purposes is also to anime with it, right?
If that is the case, then I’ve been having this issue during, and after beta (now). Not sure if this is purposely done or something else.

1 Like

Accidentally used the wrong arm while testing out gun grips, turned dummy into helicopter

This is fun though :smiley:

14 Likes

Pole target’s don’t really work with a spline of bones, its mostly for 2 bone things like elbows, knees and stuff like that.

1 Like

Kinda looks like that if you try to use position for R6 rigs, it just sets the position to the part that your trying to use IK on to nan, nan, nan.

2 Likes

Wow thats so cool also thank you roblox engineers!

1 Like

another bug is that if you die while having IK controls on, your game/studio crashes. yikes.

2 Likes

the roblox 2023 redmemption arc

9 Likes

Does this have support for mixed rigs like I asked for in testing? The Bone-Motor mixed rigs that is

2 Likes

Finally! Would love to see more games using IK and pushing it to and beyond its full potential.

3 Likes

woah this is amazing! i cant wait to use this for my characters

4 Likes

Finally, before I mention anything, this is a GREAT idea by roblox. Lots of people need this and finally your adding it. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

how would i be able to do this with the head?

I’ve been testing with this on my game, using it for making characters better look at where they are facing (1 IK from the LowerTorso to the Head targeted at a location they are looking)

-and it consistently crashes every single client + server window when the game ends, still trying to figure out why.

Edit: It was due to people dying while having IKControls active in the humanoid, removing them on death seems to fix it. Could have been my ragdoll script or something.

6 Likes

I didn’t even know there was an IK controls beta - this is awesome to see

1 Like

Is it just me or does the weight property not really do anything useful? Any value over 0 and it just snaps… I would expect it to not affect the animation at all at 0, and gradually increase until 1, like AnimationTrack weight works.

2 Likes