Inverse Kinematics feature not working as intended

Just as the title says.

I’m not doing anything out of the ordinary and I’m using new dummies to test on. The feature, once enabled, only works once. After that, it begins to behave as if IK was disabled, sort of. Here’s some videos explaining what I’m talking about.
Side note: I’ve seen bug reports on IK, but the posts are from November/December, but they’re nothing like this.

As for the procedurement, all I do is make a new dummy from the Avatar category, enable animations and IK, then attempt to move it as shown.

The legs in this video seem to somewhat resemble IK, but they only move/reposition after being touched.

I will also mention that I don’t have the selection beta enabled. And this problem persists all across my games, both new and old.
I would message @Bug-Support but it’s been over a month since I last reported an error with the camera with not a single response, despite my bumps. Figured it would be better if the community could help me instead.
Thanks a ton.

1 Like

Hey, I’ve tested the IK feature on my studio, and saw that it happens to me as well.
I’ve recently posted a topic as well, which is kind of related this one, as it uses Hinge and BallSocketConstraints with Motor6Ds, exactly like the IK feature. I’m sorry but I don’t have a fix for you, but maybe it’s an unknown bug with a recent update they released. Not sure.

2 Likes

Hi, thank you for the report. This is for the legacy IK system that will be replaced by IK Controls. I’ve forwarded your report to the relevant devs, thanks.

4 Likes

We are looking into the issue. I noticed that there is a temporary workaround - the bug doesn’t happen in non-teamcreate mode (ie, opening a local place file). Sorry for the inconvenience for the time being::smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Hey, the same bug described above did happen to me in a local place file as well.
Also, I am not sure if I’m right or not, but I got a problem with Motor6D (which is the same thing that moves the body parts in the IK controllers thing). Maybe it’s a bug with the Motor6D?
(My topic)

Hey PopCat,

Your issue isn’t related to inverse kinematics. Also Inverse Kinematics uses constraints, not motor 6Ds (animations on the other hand are actuated with motor6Ds). Motor6Ds are not simulated constraints, they are kinematic constraints that will only describe relative configuration between 2 bodies, so you shouldn’t expect it to update accordingly to your simulation. It’s hard to tell what is going on just by looking at your video, but hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.