Images becoming pixelated and/or blurry

Summary
I have seen repeated incidents where images are randomly pixelated or blurry. This issue has been occurring for a while now, likely for over a year or two. This effect is experienced in the Roblox Player and affects all images, from in-game decals, textures, and image labels to Roblox menu buttons (see screenshots). I first believed that this image was limited to mobile devices for performance issues, but it is now evidently causing issues on computer clients as well.

Reproduction Steps
Play a game with decals, textures, and/or image labels (the specifics of this issue occurring is unknown)

Expected behavior
The images should display normally, as opposed to being blurry and/or pixelated.

Actual behavior
The images display pixelated and blurry

System Information
I have not personally experienced the issue, so it might be best to ignore this. This bug was reported by other players.

• CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz
  • Memory: 16.0 GB
  • Disk: WDC PC SN530 SDBPNPZ-1T00-1002
  • Wi-Fi: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

Affected Games

Screenshots

^ (top right is an image that has been blurred)

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the report - just sent this over to the team.

1 Like

Could you follow along here? Blurry / compressed materials on the desktop web-launched client despite adequate hardware availability

2 Likes

It could be the same issue, though that report mainly focuses on material textures. Should I move this information over? It seems to have gone inactive.

1 Like

Additional screenshot I forgot to send: