Immersive Ads are rolling out!

Will creators ever be allowed to advertise things outside the Roblox ecosystem? If Roblox were like YouTube, DevEx could have more room to grow

5 Likes

anyone else not seeing their profits and earnings estimations from yesterday?

6 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue

5 Likes

Will this ever be available in UI/2D Space? I’m using a hacky way with viewportframes right now.

2 Likes

There’s a problem where you can’t make the ad bigger after a certain point, which makes it hard for the creator to display ads effectively.

7 Likes

Can we choose what advertisements go on the billboards?

3 Likes

Then it’s not an advertizement.

1 Like

ok then. thanks for the helping me with the answer!

I am curious is it actually earning revenue though?

1 Like

Immersive ads broke.

They also don’t function in-game.

…and with that, immersive ads were never seen again for eternity.

2 Likes

Any updates on whether this is worth it or not people?

2 Likes

Honestly, as a developer, I can’t see myself using Immersive Image Ads without the ability to set more sizes.

Personally, I wanted to use one as a banner dragged along by a plane, which would benefit from the longer banner ad shape.

3 Likes

@darkmodeonn Question, are there rules against “Incentivizing” ad viewing for players?

We can recall back to Twitch, which used to have a very lovely system - You could opt in to watching an ad for some Bits, which could be used to support streamers.

The rates on these were really good - It was a very successful system. Perhaps it paid too well, since they removed it later, but that is beyond the point - Mobile games often use this concept too, granting rewards for ad viewings.

Would this be against roblox TOS? I can’t see anything mentioning it, but perhaps there are rules somewhere I am unable to find.

I had a funny little idea - In my game Tower Simulator, where a player constructs an ever-growing tower out of bricks, players can place decorations on their tower - How funny, I thought, would it be to allow players to put Billboards that display ads on their tower? I could even grant them a few extra points for having them, just as a little benefit.

This is not currently what’s in my game, of course, merely a fun theory - To me, based on best practices of other profitable companies (Twitch and various mobile game companies), this feels like it should be allowed - Though in the context of Roblox, I can see why it wouldn’t be.

What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

I think i posted somewhere above on this but im gonna say it again i dont know why I would (or any dev for that matter) willingly put a portal to LEAVE they’re game can someone tell me the incentive here??

1 Like

Can these ads be generated/edited with localscripts?
For example, I want to make an ad zeppelin hovering on circles around the map, which is smoother when done locally. Would it still count for visibility?

1 Like

Wow I saw Sega advertising in cabin crew simulator look:

I think this is a reason immersive adds use real currency instead of Robux and I think this will be a really useful feature in the future.

1 Like

I’m still not enrolled. Any specific date for new users to join the immersive ad beta?

2 Likes

If someone is finished with your game or just doesn’t like your game, then they can exit through the portal (which pays you per teleport) rather than just closing the window to exit (which pays nothing). If it was a player that didn’t like your game - they weren’t going to buy anything anyways - so this allows you to still make money from those players when they leave.

3 Likes

It’ll be cool seeing immersive ads on my experiences, but it won’t be cool seeing them on others.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.