Immersive Ads are rolling out!

You mention being policy compliant and filling in the guidelines.
Does the age recommendation from the guidelines come into play?
Advertisers want to stay as family-friendly as possible, but on the other hand ads will only be shown to accounts listed as 13+ ages old.
Does violence used in the experience cause problems with being eligible?

2 Likes

To be fair, you are comparing a video pop-up to an asset in game which cannot be clicked, they aren’t the same thing, and hence, shouldn’t be priced equally. I would expect Roblox rates to be lower, since for the advertiser, it’s objectively worse.

However, not saying that they shouldn’t be raised, and especially the fixed price instead of the free market approach is indeed very concerning.

Thanks for the insights provide, and have a good one!

My guy, you are making more robux in a day JUST with these ads than I have made in years.

1 Like

I think the hope with the developer is that they’ll make money off of the teleport, then the user will come back from the advertised experience and then play the original game more.
However, considering the average user’s attention span, they’ll probably walk into the portal, look around for a minute, then leave the ad game and play a completely different game entirely than the one they started with.
It’s sort of a lose-lose imo. Developers have these crappy ads in their games, and the people who may actually use them will forget about the original game and stop playing it once they tp to the ad game.
As good as the rates look, devs will probably profit more from just keeping the user in the game instead of teleporting them around.

3 Likes

Not really a fair argument, as Superbiz (an ad service on roblox) is able to comfortably offer 3$ CPMs for the same type of non clickable billboard ads and advertisers are willing to pay that amount (thats after Superbiz’s cut), other ad services on Roblox offer even more, up to 6$ CPMS for billboards, so Roblox can clearly charge much more.

For a game with 11K CCU, this is pennies.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Same here

Running in a game with ~1k ccu, no ads loading, the dashboard isn’t counting any impressions

3 Likes

Still doesn’t change that this is literally success beyond my dreams

1 Like

Same here, just shows the ROBLOX logo

1 Like

There are no ads on right now.

1 Like

Imagine if roblox forces at least 1 ad in each game XD
(Just so everyone knows, I’ll be hiding my forced ad in the, nowhere cause I’d be moving on to unity or unreal.)

1 Like

I can assure you I am doing both. Is there another way for the internal engine to detect my “experience”?

Are they going to check the server and client? Seems easy enough to spam the entire level with ads and just have the client “hide” or “delete” them? Are they going to have FE somehow let ads through? I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I can only hope they read this topic before it goes public. :melting_face:

Usually, unless the game is REALLY BAD or gets boring a player usually stays until his mom tells him to go to bed I BET YOU if Roblox adds the “Back to previous experience” button the Analytics for it would be like 1 click per day out of millions of regularly leaving an experience, it would never be used. I wouldn’t put these “immersive ads” into my game UNLESS THE RATES ARE GREATLY CHANGED IN FAVOR OF THE DEVS. Lol we should still appreciate the work of Roblox tho they not out to get us (I think :face_with_peeking_eye:)

1 Like

Yeah, that’s basically what I was saying

Is there anything stopping me from adding like 1000 of these in a line alongside an obby and raking in obscene amounts of impressions?

I’m just thinking of how short-lived mobile ads were when people started abusing them by playing them constantly on game join.

1 Like

Players will only be served so many ads. There’s nothing strictly stopping you from placing 1000 of these all close together but that will be well past the point of diminishing returns where you won’t get any additional returns.

3 Likes

Cool. Don’t worry I wasn’t planning on actually doing that :wink: (but I do expect some people will try)

1 Like

@tnavarts Is there any information about the immersive advertisements feature on Roblox in the context of if Roblox employees make the image or if we make a questionnaire to be approved?

I have seen a lot of images from experiences such as Nikeland, Puma, and it seems to be made UGC, yet how do they appear? Is there a specific system?

1 Like

How many ads are too much? What’s the acceptable amount?

2 Likes