Immersive ads to include UGC Assets and Experience ads

As a Roblox developer/UGC Creator, it is currently hard to monetize your content (only way now is website ads/sponsors)

Immersive Ads | Roblox Creator Documentation should give developers and UGC Creators the ability to create ads which display in experiences.

For UGC It would be click to buy or interact the asset, with an image of it and a purchase button or inspect and try on.

Without a way to advertise UGC and Experiences in Immersive Ads, creators, and developers alike are limited in their ability to monetize their games and content. If addressed, it will improve my development experience because it would create a convenient platform to leverage the UGC available in the Roblox community and allow for further monetization of the available content. UGC creators would have the opportunity to work with developers to display their creations, giving them the recognition and profits they deserve. This feature would bridge the gap between UGC creators and developers and maximize their efforts productively and efficiently.

15 Likes

I’m not sure how I’d feel about ads for other experiences being shown, it would discourage me from including immersive ads in my experience as it would take players out of my experience and into someone else’s (which isn’t affiliated with Roblox) in-which I can’t guarentee my players’ safety in that third-party’s experience.

I also believe that implementing this feature could cause issues with the current ad policies, for example, quite a lot of UGC accessories are in compliance with the Community Standards yet not the Advertising Standards

4 Likes

What im saying is that roblox had a flaw in their AdGui thing and you were able to teleport people via clientside (thats already patched)

Could you provide the bug report or any evidence to this, this is concerning as I have immersive ads in multiple experiences.

Like I said they already patched that I only heared about it on twitter from official assimo acocunt.

1 Like

Yes!!!

UGC Creators being able to advertise on immersive ads placed in-game is a really great idea.
It would be a great alternative to the current “Sponsored” Items list (which is only visible underneath an item’s details page, making many UGC Creators not interested in using it at all).

It would allow UGC Creators to get a lot more impressions on their newly released collections, and the experience developers would also benefit from the 10 or 40% commission if if a successful transaction from the ad does take place in-game.

4 Likes

I cannot find the tweet could you link it?

I agree- this would be extremely beneficial for everyone.

I think this would also solve one of the biggest problems with immersive ads right now- there is a very limited pool of sponsored “experiences” that are paying for ads, meaning many times ad GUIs are defaulting back to the standard image since demand for ads is falling short of supply, resulting in extremely small returns for game owners. This would increase the number of advertisers exponentially, reducing the number of instances where there are no available ads to be served and potentially keeping up with the number of games adding immersive ads to their experiences.

As you mentioned, successful purchases would also give developers the 40% commission, further increasing potential revenue for game owners.

I have one stipulation: I do think ‘ad types’ should be toggle-able. Some games may not want UGC assets or experiences to be shown for various reasons and only want ‘Roblox affiliated’ sponsors and are willing to accept the inevitable decrease in ad revenue.

2 Likes

Also worth noting that Roblox showed UGC board in a showcase a while back.

1 Like

please lets not forget about existance of this

1 Like

While I agree that there are some borderline suggestive/inappropriate items on the UGC catalog, I don’t see how this has any relevance to the feature request here.

Even if advertising for UGC doesn’t exist, these items will still be present and visible on the site. It is best to address this at the root of the problem, which is moderation instead of limiting a useful and beneficial feature.

1 Like

it happend months ago
I cant even find it by myself either

These items were approved on the platform + is displayed on site and in-game if people wear + able to sponsor and advertise on site, should not be different in-game.

I don’t think everyone wants to advertise UGC Assets and Experiences on their games because most of them could be scam games or badly made hats.

Well you can obviously choose not to include immersive ads in your game at all if you do not want to. And games would have to be verified and be up for a while before being able to be advertised, like current sponsor ads.

I’d argue that experiences being advertised to any capacity is a possible security-risk, nothing stops a developer from getting reviewed and then placing hurtful content in the experience or trigger the offending content via MessagingService, etc. Also, as a developer, the last thing I want to do is be associated with possibly offensive games due to an advert directing people to that game outside my volition, I would entirely drop immersive-ads (which I assume Roblox doesn’t want people to do) if any experience could apply for one. UGC is a different story since it can’t be edited after creation + it’s reviewed, but as for experiences, I’m entirely against this idea.

1 Like

Well if you can choose between that then that’s great, better than pushing them completely on everybody but imagine having an ad for a game you’re competing against.

Looks like Roblox tried to “solve” the problem. Their solution has many issues.