Importing characters doesn't properly place hats

I’m trying to import one of my characters to use in my game. I’ve tried to use both the Moon Animator plugin and AlreadyPro’s character inserter, but the hats on the imported characters seem to only spawn away from the character, not on the character.

The following bug reports could be related:

1. Accessory Attachments behavior changed/inconsistent
  2. Characters Falling Apart

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-10-07 00:22:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-10-08 00:13:00 (-05:00)

CPU : i7-8700k
GPU : RTX 2080
Memory : 32 GB DDR4

8 Likes

UPDATE: This only happens with team create on & putting hats on manually produces the same issue.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me, really is annoying.

1 Like

I have the same issue regarding my experience. I was working on my games Halloween Event and I noticed dragging Accessory objects into any humanoid fails to work correctly at all. This issue only occurs in Team Creates as the OP stated.

Using the Animation Editor also doesn’t affect the hats at all, and only the body parts. If you test the game by hitting the “Run” button or “Play” button (F5) the hats will then correctly position themselves.

This bug is a little frustrating, and it stops my ability to correctly animate mainly because I have no clue what the hats will look like with the animation.

4 Likes

This also happens with the head. For some reason it happens only if I’m importing my own character, importing any other person’s character will work as expected. I’m using alreadypro’s load character lite plugin FYI.

1 Like

It happens to me aswell. It only does it with r15 characters. It jumbles the hats up.
But I made a new game and it was fine. I think it is team create. Lets be patient though.

Same problem with team create on. The hats go on the correct place when you run or play the game tho.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s really inconvenient for GFX artists, because when we export the hats we have to re-align them in Blender.

I can confirm this does happen in Team Create and it is annoying.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are actively working on a fix.

8 Likes

This issue is still occurring on November 11th, 2021. This didn’t happen before, but now it’s happening again.

I assume no fix was ever actually done? A little update on the situation would be nice, because now I’m sitting in frustration here trying to manually align all my hats.

3 Likes

Issue is still occuring on December 10th, 2021. As Void stated above, some kind of update on this would be appreciated.

4 Likes

The issue is still happening as of today (6th of January 2022).

It’s possible this has to do with attachments, since despite both the Head and Accessory having attachments, they do not snap together like they’re supposed to. The issue also seems to be more prevalent in places with Team Create enabled.

2 Likes

Any insight on how this is coming along?

Would love to be able to work on stuff as a team again.

1 Like

Still happening as of date of this post.

2 Likes

Still happening as of March 13.

2 Likes

This isn’t really a fix, but you could open up a new game, insert the player’s model there, then copy it and paste it into the game with team create enabled.

You are welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

it works, but is still a pain :frowning:

I also have this issue. When I add the accessory manually it floats near the character. It snaps to the right position and works fine once I run the game. I’m glad it works fine when I run the game, but it would be appreciated if Roblox wrote made this easier to position the right way in editing mode, I am new to this. Thank you.

2 Likes

“We are actively working on a fix.”
1 year later:
are you sure about that ?

3 Likes