Importing characters doesn't properly place hats

I’m trying to import one of my characters to use in my game. I’ve tried to use both the Moon Animator plugin and AlreadyPro’s character inserter, but the hats on the imported characters seem to only spawn away from the character, not on the character.

The following bug reports could be related:

1. Accessory Attachments behavior changed/inconsistent
  2. Characters Falling Apart

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-10-07 00:22:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-10-08 00:13:00 (-05:00)

CPU : i7-8700k
GPU : RTX 2080
Memory : 32 GB DDR4

4 Likes

UPDATE: This only happens with team create on & putting hats on manually produces the same issue.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me, really is annoying.

1 Like

I have the same issue regarding my experience. I was working on my games Halloween Event and I noticed dragging Accessory objects into any humanoid fails to work correctly at all. This issue only occurs in Team Creates as the OP stated.

Using the Animation Editor also doesn’t affect the hats at all, and only the body parts. If you test the game by hitting the “Run” button or “Play” button (F5) the hats will then correctly position themselves.

This bug is a little frustrating, and it stops my ability to correctly animate mainly because I have no clue what the hats will look like with the animation.

3 Likes

This also happens with the head. For some reason it happens only if I’m importing my own character, importing any other person’s character will work as expected. I’m using alreadypro’s load character lite plugin FYI.

It happens to me aswell. It only does it with r15 characters. It jumbles the hats up.
But I made a new game and it was fine. I think it is team create. Lets be patient though.

Same problem with team create on. The hats go on the correct place when you run or play the game tho.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s really inconvenient for GFX artists, because when we export the hats we have to re-align them in Blender.

I can confirm this does happen in Team Create and it is annoying.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We are actively working on a fix.

5 Likes