Impossible Roblox Captcha

You are lucky you are getting the bear ones, i’ve been getting these like dice ones

Yeah that’s the sad part, it feels like roblox is just shooting themselves in the foot with these captchas. At this point I am scared to log out because the captchas are often impossible for me too.

When the captcha system is so tedious and difficult (or straight impossible) that people actually prefer doing this then I would say it’s time for a rework…when is a staff going to reply to this thread?

Yeah, it’s almost impossible for me to log into my account. It makes me try over and over. Super time consuming.
Browser: Chrome 86 on Windows 7

Bots use cookies. Roblox has no control due to the amount of good bots.

Some fixes that works for me is

• Turning off VPN
  • Using a static IP
  • Private browser

They can’t disable cookies too much is at risk. Roblox has made a lot of mistakes and the captchas are one step closer to a safer platform. This is some documentation about it.

Make no mistake, I’m glad that roblox is trying to fix the botting problem. However, in it’s current form the captcha is not working and it’s nothing less than frustrating for regular players. I don’t think we can excuse a live, often impossible captcha just because it was made with good intentions.

3 Likes

This is not Roblox’s problem. This is the problem of whichever company makes the CAPTCHA. However, Roblox might want to switch companies, maybe use Google’s ReCAPTCHA.

4 Likes

Google’s ReCaptcha doesn’t have the type of security that FunCaptcha has. For instance, I used a VPN on ReCaptcha, I got the same task I got without one, I logged in with FunCaptcha with a VPN, I was basically locked out.

I really hope that the current captcha is replaced soon, because I’ve logged out of my roblox account and i’ve been trying to log back in for 6 hours on, but the captchas I get are, simply impossible. When I get the captcha where I need to match the pair of dice that adds up to 14, sometimes there are no pairs that add up to 14 and it turns out to be a major waste of time.

2 Likes

Despite this post being made in 2019, this issue seems to still be occurring. The captchas are beyond ridiculous for let alone younger users, but older people too.

I totally appreciate that Roblox has incorporated this Captcha in response to many bots (which granted has significantly reduced them), however I truly believe it needs to be re-looked at as there’s been many false “incorrects” with the captcha.

I hope Roblox can address this ongoing issue at some point, as it has been a problem for a while and is frustrating when trying to do something simple as a group wall post to which takes ages to get past the captcha.

2 Likes

Roblox decided to use FunCaptcha and Roblox users have to struggle with it, do you expect everyone here to message AkroseLabs? We know that Roblox didn’t make the captcha, please stop cluttering up this topic.

Roblox still can change captcha types, or ask ArkoseLab to change their captcha system. Roblox has made it abundantly clear they don’t care.

2 Likes

I don’t see why Roblox is implementing such impossible captchas into their website?
I got this one after I tried to get into my account.

If I were a typical 5-7 year old and got this captcha then I’d be raving! I’m still not able to get past it.

1 Like

To be honest thought, ArkosLab is used on quite a few websites. Changing the captcha could break the websites cause there are endpoints on both servers. Imagine having to rewrite your entire endpoint for one update. And even through all that PayPal Minecraft, and Microsoft are just a few who use this. Roblox has to take a different approach due to how it is structured. Everyone can access the API with a simple string. And the rates of bots have shrunken significantly. And if Roblox removes it, then we are back at square one. So we are kinda forced to wait, and watch what happens next. All in all, the captcha is doing its job.

1 Like

Roblox has already implemented ways to implement different captcha types…? They don’t have to restart on all their endpoints?

These captchas are extremely frustrating every time I see them. If I have privacy extensions enabled & am connected to a public VPN, I’m spending 1-2 minutes at least on a captcha.

I can understand this captcha level if you were trying to log into an account. However, just joining a group or trying to post on a group wall at times can lead you to be forced to solve a jigsaw puzzle. There’s been plenty of times that I simply decide to back out and not do the action versus solving the captcha.

2 Likes

Google uses different algorithms to rate the client on chance of being a bot.

I do use ReCAPTCHA on websites of my customers and they are perfect in blocking bots. And yes, even with VPN I don’t get more tasks compared to without VPN but ReCAPTCHA still blocks bots with their algorithm.

But here is the thing. I tried using my VPN hosting on a Vultr VPS and I easily got through ReCaptcha. Fun Captcha blocked it because it is coming from a VPS. A VPS is not a red flag for Google, but it is for Arkose. This is a big issue Roblox has. It’s entire API is open unlike other sites that uses FunCaptcha. They are usually app-based or only the backend has access. And Roblox knows that closing them would be really bad for business.

If a change is made on the front end, there usually is a change to be made on the backend. Captchas are mostly handled backend, where the randomized captchas are made and which one is right and how many what is the callback URL. This is all handled backend.