Improve Microprofiler Navigation w/ Search

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to navigate the microprofiler. The issue primarily stems from just how many labels there are on screen, which make it hard to review performance of specific processes if they’re not super long. Doing so is essentially a game of hide-and-seek that I have to play every time I test my game.

I had a profile that multiplied a CFrame 10,000,000 times. Can you see it? Neither can I.

A potential solution would be a search/find feature that jumps to the queried label, since I’d just need to type in a name and hit enter.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I’d be able to understand the performance impact of my code and iterate upon it much more quickly.

22 Likes

Another reason this feature would be extremely helpful is for finding labels that don’t occur every frame, for example, a profile that is only created every second or so.

My use case for this is profiling the time it takes for my rodux store changed events to run, but I obviously am not updating my rodux store every frame.

5 Likes