Improvements to Badge Privacy

This topic was automatically opened after 11 minutes.

This seems like a negative change for preservation. I think it’s a good thing to show old badges under games even if they’re disabled.

101 Likes

Seems like someone’s event badges got leaked xD

Well, since y’all keen on badges now… when will my suggested feature finally be looked at: A better way to display a game's badges Been nearly 4 years

154 Likes

Good to see more updates preventing things and game development assets from being leaked!

44 Likes

Is there any chance we could get something that lies in-between, like hidden badges? Badges that can be earned but have their image and description hidden from any user who doesn’t have it, kinda like Steam’s hidden achievements. It feels like it would be more fun than making an achievement called “secret achievement” that gives you no info about how you got it once you got it.

79 Likes

Another great update for badges; making them easier and more valuable to both players and creators alike.

I’m hoping that we can continue seeing improvements, particularly the adding the ability to re-arrange the order in which badges are displayed.

Thank you!

45 Likes

Will this change in the future? I would really appreciate if Roblox would not return any information even with the ID when the badge is not public, with exception being users that are authorized to manage the experience.

28 Likes

This is a decent update as it stops updates being leaked early, but one question.

If I disable a badge after its been enabled for a while, will it still remain under the game page, many games have event badges that have expired, see the several ??? badges from the RB Battles event.

31 Likes

Nice update. Will be useful when testing badges or just want to hide a badge for whatever reason. I personally will start using this for when badges are in development!

31 Likes

Privacy updates are cool and all but I hope badges can still be preserved for historical reasons.

I think it’s nice to be able to look at a badge from a dead / discontinued game for instance.
Or to see older badges like Alpha / Beta test badges from earlier phases of a game.

32 Likes

I second this!

My team and I having been discussing ways to conceal certain aspects of the ARGs/puzzles that we create and it would be an amazing quality of life update if something like what @Disgustedorito has suggested was implemented.

33 Likes

This update is great! People will no longer get to know the content of a game’s next update haha!

27 Likes

More privacy being available on the platform, the better.

29 Likes

nice update. will stop future leaks & spoilers of events and huge updates

28 Likes

oo maybe there could be a way of hiding badges from the badges area but till being able to give them? like those secret ones or something. Just a thought

27 Likes

Well, I was hoping this would be about badges in your inventory being private. People can still see new badges you get so they can follow you into games.

34 Likes

i’ve needed this feature for ages, this is amazing!
i’m so tired of things being leaked early.

24 Likes

Oh boy! Another step to stopping event-leaking!

24 Likes

please don’t disable showing disabled badges
i like seeing all of the old discontinued badges

also this does not improve privacy at all
when does privacy mean “we wanna please the people who hate events being leaked”
this doesn’t improve my privacy whatsoever

39 Likes

I honestly thought this was about youtubers and badges exposing what game they joined. This is just OOOH our event got leaked, and I’m gonna be honest it really doesn’t matter all that much.

24 Likes