Improvements To DMCA system

Update to the situation

Devrel has decided to ghost me, Roblox support has also refused to respond to me, and I just got more strikes from the same “dmca” people again.

4 Likes

Have you tried to counter the claims? If you do not try to counter them, you’ll eventually get terminated from these false strikes.

I have, and they instantly declined it and then ignored me… I also got into contact with devrel and they just never did anything.

1 Like

Did you email copyright_agent with a counter document? What did they say?

First they say a thumbnail, now they say clothing… Oh and the person who claims to be with lavalamp doesn’t even know how to write it properly

1 Like

You need to send a legal document, you can’t just say you made it. You can look up on how to make a proper counter notice. After writing it, send it to copyright_agent, and they’ll reply back. They’ll tell you if something is wrong with it so you can fix it.

I’m not going to take the risk to get doxxed, because it’s literally done by a blackmarket that sells fake dmca strikes on discord:

They have attempted to get me terminated for the past 5 months and even reset my username multiple times, so I don’t want to waste my time…

1 Like

I suggest you transfer your valuables to a different account because you’ll get terminated eventually since you don’t want to counter.

1 Like

Can you actually receive moderation or a strike for submitting a request that you have all the legal rights to execute?

Since making that reply, things appear to have just changed (yesterday, actually).

It looks like Roblox has finally developed some sort of archiving system for classic clothing.
People have been waiting years and have reported that they have received both moderation/strikes for items they previously requested be archived.

This is all new so time will tell whether it holds up.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear, they are at least making a change for once. It’d be a shame if I lost my account which holds a face that is worth over 60k. I’d actually go mad.

My friend was recently DMCA’d on an asset he requested to be archived awhile back. He just showed the ticket where he requested the archival and the strike was removed the next day.

1 Like

When did you send your original request? I’ve heard some people waited literal years, which worries me since I’ve only been waiting a little over a month. I emailed BOTH ipcontent_removal_request@roblox.com and copyright_agent@roblox.com, and never recieved the “your assets will be deleted in 30 days and you should not recieve any moderation regarding these assets” email or the one you have. All I got was the immediate automated response with a ticket number and nothing else. I’ve followed up a few times, not sure if I should try another email address or what.

1 Like

Since the end of the Summer.

That’s weird. I thinking some changes to the process were made. What did the automated response say?

3 Likes

It was the generic “automated messge to notify you that your request has been recieved and your ticket number is []” and then a bit about DMCA/asset removal, here’s some bits:
“In order for us to assist you, please make sure you have read and done the following where requested:”
“You can only request removal of assets that your account owns/uploaded that cannot be manually archived.”
+ a full list of the requirements to request an asset removal

Realistically, I wish I just got some confirmation that my email is waiting in the hands of a real person and not just in limbo, but the complete lack of replies to my follow-ups makes me think that nobody is actually in control of the inbox of these emails and they’ve just got an autoresponder set up.
But, other people have waited literal years so I guess it’s not out of the ordinary for me not to recieve anything after about a month.

I guess we’ll see.

2 Likes

Yes, people have been waiting literal years.

Until the day before yesterday.
Where a bunch of us have recieved real confirmations that assets have indeed been archived.
The stuff we requested now are dead links that lead just go to the catalog page, but still present on the Creator Hub, presumably if updated nothing would happen.

Things appear to be in motion and we’re still trying to get a sense on what’s going on.
What you’ve said suggests there’ve been a few changes to the process when emailing the copyright agent.
Did the reply come from the Copyright Agent or the IPcontent_removal_request email?

2 Likes

The reply came from support-en@roblox.com. In all of my follow-ups, all three emails were included, but I haven’t gotten anything from ipcontent_removal_request or copyright_agent.

2 Likes

Final Update:

Thanks to Developer Relations, the false dmcas being sent on my account have been removed and they will no longer be able to be sent in the future. I hope this would apply for other users as well because I know I’m probably not the only one who has received a false DMCA.

3 Likes

Who did you contact? Need my strike removed aswell.

2 Likes

I have just sent in your PMs who I contacted.

2 Likes