Incident Report: Large Spike in Teleport Failures: "Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted"

Do anyone know if this problem got resolved already? I tried teleporting a few times and it did work so I can’t really tell, I did get prints in the server log history that indicate some teleports didnt complete since the kick function i made for people who lag too much and dont get tped fired a few times.

Please keep posts relevant to the issue of the teleport failures.

Are players still seeing this issue ?

6 Likes

Yes, it still does happen often.

2 Likes

Contacting @photonavius directly to get more information on failures. Will update this thread as an when we have some more information

2 Likes

Hey there! Sorry for the late reply. Anyways, I haven’t experienced the teleporting issue for a while now, so for now its good.

But just incase, I sadly do not have a screenshot so I’m sorry if this is no help, when the teleport used to fail, a box showed up saying something like: Http Error (Games ID) cannot teleport player to place. Something like that.

1 Like

Hi! This is happening in my game. After the error, repeated attempts to teleport to the same server instance continues to return the same error.

2 Likes

Please could you share the source and destination place ids that you are teleporting from/to ?

3 Likes

Yes, the issue doesn’t happen to everyone but teleportservice becomes pretty unreliable at times. We use a safe shutdown system in our game and we always lose about 4-5k players because of the teleport failures. I can provide source code from the game if required.
Game link: Speed Champions - Roblox

Another issue that we noticed couple of times, we have a testing place inside the main game which also has a safe shutdown system that should teleport players to same place when shutdown, it works 50-50 times and it’s not player specific. When it works, everyone gets teleported, when it doesn’t, no one gets teleported back.

3 Likes

Of course! I teleport players to and from the same place.

https://www.roblox.com/games/4598019433/

2 Likes

this issue is happening for our games also. just created them 2 days ago and added teleport service and it will teleport me. but a second after entering destination is kicks me with error. error.bmp (516.0 KB)

2 Likes

This issue is still a thing; recently tried to add a feature where players can follow others into their servers & collect their ‘bounty’, and whatever I changed it always gave the same error:

Here’s the code I used:

local successUserId, followUserId = pcall(function()
				return game.Players:GetUserIdFromNameAsync(name)
			end)

if not successUserId then
				feedback = "Player Not Found"
			else

local successServer, errorMessage, placeId, jobId = pcall(function()
					return TPService:GetPlayerPlaceInstanceAsync(followUserId)
				end)

if successServer then
					TPService:TeleportToPlaceInstance(4828705676, jobId, player)
				end
			end

At first I tried what the wiki said, that didn’t work, so I just messed around with the jobId and placeId, nothing worked.

Unless I did something wrong, this issue happens 100% of the time. I’m teleporting from the same game & place that I’m trying to teleport to.

Edit: Just went into a couple other games that I know use a similar feature, such as Lifting Simulator, and they seem to also be having this same issue. Not sure why nobody is mentioning it, seems kind of important considering it doesn’t work 100% of the time.

4 Likes

Sorry for the small necro, I just need some help.

I am also just now having this error on my game and I have never heard of it until now. It’s bringing a heavy impact in my game’s statistics. I decided to make a small update to my games place and it caused this error to occur. I was looking up solutions and nothing worked. The game is public, since my game uses a lobby based system, it makes the game almost unplayable. I even reverted the server versions to see if that helped but it didn’t. This error occurs everytime TeleportService is trying to send a player to the main game. Since all the gameplay relies in the main game, I am losing players which is not good. Here’s the following error. RobloxPlayerBeta_klvYuMqxxq

This happened during around 1:00 AM EST 5/19/2020 when I rolled out the update. It still hasn’t worked.

Here’s the game it’s happening in.
https://www.roblox.com/games/3577061261/Defusal#

2 Likes

Please help I still got this issue Please please game:getService(“TeleportService”):TeleportToPlaceInstance(v.PlaceId, v.GameId, player)
that line of code used to work now doesn’t please help or is there another method?
I keep getting the error https://gyazo.com/2705d1d6777af1a3372fb93295565be2

1 Like

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, it should be fixed now. Please let us know if these issues continue to happen.

13 Likes

@Gu4rana Unfortunatelly the issue remains. My game has a lobby from which players can teleport to 1 of 4 reserved servers. As per my record, on average once per 2 days a player is unable to teleport to one or any of the reserved servers, with this error message. Here is the record, showing the date/time of incident and also the player’s time zone:

[16.6. 8:59:23 TeleFail/svr 3/zone -5/Drag0nKi11er6872]
[16.6. 8:59:19 TeleFail/svr 1/zone -5/Drag0nKi11er6872]
[16.6. 0:53:1 TeleFail/svr 3/zone -4/kami32ytve]
[16.6. 0:52:55 TeleFail/svr 1/zone -4/kami32ytve]
[16.6. 0:52:51 TeleFail/svr 2/zone -4/kami32ytve]
[16.6. 0:52:48 TeleFail/svr 4/zone -4/kami32ytve]
[12.6. 13:9:3 TeleFail/svr 4/zone +8/WoodengodAlan]
[12.6. 13:8:59 TeleFail/svr 3/zone +8/WoodengodAlan]
[12.6. 13:8:57 TeleFail/svr 1/zone +8/WoodengodAlan]
[12.6. 13:8:52 TeleFail/svr 2/zone +8/WoodengodAlan]
[8.6. 13:56:33 TeleFail/svr 2/zone +4/alizeeuicorne]
[6.6. 13:31:41 TeleFail/svr 4/zone +2/airan11uf]
[4.6. 8:52:40 TeleFail/svr 2/zone +6/Atd170415]
[2.6. 14:59:34 TeleFail/svr 2/zone +8/mmJS66]
[2.6. 14:59:32 TeleFail/svr 1/zone +8/mmJS66]
[2.6. 14:59:29 TeleFail/svr 3/zone +8/mmJS66]
[2.6. 7:11:45 TeleFail/svr 2/zone +6/krjdhdhfj]
[29.5. 15:20:30 TeleFail svr 1/zone +9/PUNDAS1]
[29.5. 15:20:28 TeleFail svr 4/zone +9/PUNDAS1]
[29.5. 15:20:26 TeleFail svr 3/zone +9/PUNDAS1]
[29.5. 15:20:24 TeleFail svr 2/zone +9/PUNDAS1]

1 Like

Hey @ILoveCzechRepublic, apologies for the recurring issues. It appears that teleport has several issues, and we’re working hard on solving all of those issues. I was wondering: could you also include timezone information as well? Also, what does the +/- number mean next to zone?
Thanks and we appreciate the feedback!

3 Likes

@pizza_shadows The “zone” in the list means the player’s home time zone +/- hours from UTC(GMT), eg. +8 is possibly Philippines while -4 maybe Brasil. The time of incident is UTC time. Thanks.

1 Like

What do you use to track these issues?

(As seen in this image uploaded by @OP: 7d7892940d4ac9358afccc60c766b85e1f36c834)

Hey @Liker1, thanks for liking lol

4 Likes

I used a global datastore to record just this specific incident, which is the subject of this thread:
“Attempt to teleport to a place that is restricted. (Error Code: 773)”

1 Like