Incident Report: Large Spike in Teleport Failures: "Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted"

hey @OutlookG, apologies. we’re currently investigating some issues with teleport and some other systems right now

11 Likes

Not sure about this. I live in Canada and I never get this error at all, perhaps its a specific part of canada? (Internet company maybe?)

I’m pretty sure the region problem is fixed. Right now, people are still failing to teleport and it’s restricted but they are able to connect after a retry. Teleport times also range from immediate to over 2 minutes. There are a lot of problems in my games right now due to the teleport service, and I hope it gets fixed soon.

2 Likes

at the time I posted, we were looking into some potential botting attacks & CDN issues. those two specific issues should be resolved now, but there’s still the issue of intermittent “restricted”, i.e. false negatives, happening that we’re still looking into. I don’t have any promises as far as a fix for that yet, but we’re making some adjustments to help us look into this

13 Likes

Hello I will post my issues As im still seeing my players face this issue. I will also post a link of someone it happens to daily as they stream my content on youtube.

Teleport type ( Teleport - Error raiseteleportinitFailedEvent: teleport failed because Not authorized to join this game ( unauthorized )

Place id : 4693424588, 6069171319/Last-Defense , 5638622777/Central-Station , 5800728042/Urban-Falls, /5856178074/Eastbay-Port

Game Link : Zombie Task Force - Roblox

Platform: PC

Error Examples:

Youtube live link ( I saved it at the moment the error occurred : Zombie Task Force - NEW GAME!!! - YouTube

This happen to me on pretty much every game that involves teleporting to separate places. The only exceptions are singleplayer games.

That’s an example of the error message I got (game: 712717349)

Client logs (used 2 separate games: 712717349, 6116529495)

Those are just two examples, it happens to me on any MULTIPLAYER game that involves teleporting to a separate place.

The platform I was on in these screenshots was Windows 10, but this also happens to me if I try on mobile.

Since people mentioned this being a problem with certain regions in Canada, I’d like to add that I am in the southern Ontario region.

This has been a problem for me for around 3 weeks. I do not have a VPN as of right now so I have not tried using a US server.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Connecting to a US server via VPN has fixed the issue.

2 Likes

At this moment the teleport failures have come to a stop and I’m teleporting without issues. I’ll update again if the issues return. Wondering if it’s resolved for everyone else.

1 Like

Using the new API :TeleportAsync(), I live in Canada too and I’m getting this error 4/5…

@Epic_Player16 can you share with me what games you’ve been playing, and what region of Canada you’re in? we can try adding some additional logs to narrow down further issues.

@Extuls - great to hear! we’ve made some tweaks and we’re hoping to hear some better results, but please keep us posted if you see anything else amiss

4 Likes

This is my own game: [2 MILLION CODE] Ultraverse Tower Defense - Roblox (That’s where it happens oftenly, its kinda annoying when I try to test some features). From what I’ve experienced, it doesn’t happen in All Star Tower Defense. Also, when I try to play with people in other countries, it says “Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted” yet when I use a VPN (to USA), it does work.

I live in Quebec ^^

In regards to the 773 error, we believe the root issue is fixed. please let us know if you’re still experiencing this specific error.

@Epic_Player16 I’ll follow up with you over PM for the issues you’re seeing.

7 Likes

Hello We are still experiencing this issue, Here is the report

Game Zombie Task Force

ID: 4693424588

We have gotten less of these reports by my developer just experienced this RN 11 PM EST

Launched with US Based Browser Google Chrome, No ad Blocker

The problems stopped for a day, but continued about a day later.

Game: Escape the Night
ID: 6213850086
Link: Escape The Night - Roblox
Error Code: 773
Error Message: Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted

Not sure if it’s a region problem anymore, just a problem in general.

thanks for the additional reports. we believe we got the region issue down but it seems like there’s a less frequent, but generic problem still

could you please also include what kind of teleport y’all were using in your reports? additionally, if there are any console messages (after pressing F9), those would be really helpful as well.

1 Like

I don’t get errors when I teleport, so I can’t get any console messages right now. I do track any failures with TeleportInitFailed and send it to discord through a webhook. It gives a mix of Failure and Unauthorized.

I use reserved servers to create a code then teleport an array of players with TeleportToPrivateServer.

I just got it while trying to teleport to a round in Battle Buddies

I am not sure it is related to that teleport issue, but I’ve got many reports in the last hours about teleports failing 100% of the times. After I had a look, it seems that it only happens with servers with access codes and gives the “Unknown error”:

One of the players also took a screenshot of the developer console, which showed the following after the teleport failed:

This is very critical for my game, as it relies heavily on teleports. The game where it happens is this one: Survive and Kill the Killers in Area 51 !!! - Roblox (endless survival mode for example relies on private servers with acess code, and some players are saying it is failing 100% of the times to teleport)

I hope something can be done quicly to solve teleport related problems, which are pretty frequent unfortunately.

1 Like

hey folks - this appears to be a different issue than what’s already mentioned in this thread, and there’s another post referencing it: Teleportservice failure

we are seeing some irregularities and will post updates there.

apologies for the issues and thanks for your patience.

4 Likes

The 769 error code does seem to be a different error and I don’t know of anyone who isn’t affected by it currently, however 773 is still going on as well. I’m not experiencing error 773 myself anymore and haven’t once since I last said, however I know some people are still experiencing it even as recently as less than an hour ago. It doesn’t seem to be tied to any specific game and is happening when teleporting to reserved servers.

1 Like

I understand. we’re still keeping tabs on this and adding some additional logging to help us figure out what the root cause is - we haven’t stopped looking into this.

2 Likes