Incoming Adjustment to 'Pending Sales' Waiting Period

Can there be additional clarification on how this will be implemented? I am guessing the score will go down if the transaction is abnormal compared to previous transaction history, the user/group was created recently, the account recently had a security setting such as email, pin, 2fa, etc changed, or there’s a sudden influx of transactions into the group?

I think Roblox should prioritise implementing security features such as supporting TOTP authenticator apps to replace account pins and email 2FA, and requiring it for transactions.

These are both security features which have been highly requested by developers for years. 2FA for transactions is in the top 15 all time topics in platform feedback (not web features, the top level category). This was just recently implemented for group ownership transfers. Roblox lacks this additional level of security compared to other platforms.

These features should have been implemented first, which would have allowed product/engineering to perform analytics over the next few months to determine whether security incidents went down, or if it was still necessary to implement changes which could possibly affect legitimate users.

Jumping straight to a change which could possibly affect legitimate users makes no sense to me.

15 Likes

All these negatives replies and Roblox still most likely won’t listen to a word.

9 Likes

The post is written in a way that implies that they’ve already decided on it and are just fielding questions. I’d assume this is true.

3 Likes

I’m making a game and waiting 7 days to get my profits is too long. First waiting that long will hurt my game because I can’t put ads out and I can’t hire people to work for me if I have don’t have Robux. Do 5 days or 4 instead of 7. I think Roblox should focus more time on new textures, Improving Roblox studio and make new characters. I think if you release this update people will be developing less. Just my opinion.

4 Likes

I’m kind of missing the criticism’s actual logic here. The seven day period is rolling, which means if you make consistent profit, you will still receive your funds at the same pace.

To that extent, will developers ever be given more information on why specific transactions failed to process? It would be nice to have an anonymous summary of every failed transaction by reason, similar to how we can see the amount of each age demographic in our developer statistics but not an individual user

2 Likes

Starting up a game small developers can just about manage a 3 day rotation on ads, after 7 days pending, that is a lot to wait for I feel as it is just making it harder for developers to start up games as they have to wait such a long time to run ads again, instead of enough for 10K a day initially you would only need 30K but now you would need 70K to run a full weeks ads.

1 Like

If this is being put into place we can atleast lower the 30% tax-rate or just abolish it to compensate - roblox can literally just give themselves an infinite amount of R$ from what I understand (they do own & run the platform after all).

If that isn’t done we should probably revert back as it might hurt many games & developers causing roblox’s profit and community to die off a little (or a lot depending on how many people dislike it).

I for one find this update rather unnecessary and annoying.

Not to mention the servers for Roblox haven’t even been upgraded either while Adopt Me basically causes the entire platform to crash since the servers provided can’t handle the amount of requests.

And I’d understand normally but c’mon - Roblox is a multi million dollar company and surely upgrading infrastructure and listening to its users would lead to higher profits for Roblox as a company and better circumstances for those who do it to DevEx and the like.

Also I’ve seen a few people saying it’s our problem - it really isn’t Roblox has more than enough money to hire enough moderators and train them instead of using a semi-useless automated system to do the work for them - especially when 25% of their money supposedly is spent on moderation.

Not just that but tons of other platforms notify you when a new device logs in via email and whatnot but Roblox doesn’t provide that functionality even with the funding and need to do so.

6 Likes

I don’t like this at all. I’m a clothing designer, not only the copying problem isn’t getting fixed, but we had to wait 3 days for our funds to come. now they made it even longer?? what does the pending time have to do with “security” or some sort of fraud. this is just unnecessary.

5 Likes

I have a question , previously I had more then 3 days to wait for my robux in group funds or my own robux , about 7 days . But now I must wait more then 3 weeks , next week I will be able to dev ex again . What are you doing roblox ?

1 Like

This is also really bad for people who just start there game and investing there 10k robux. They want to invest the robux they made out of the game as soon as possible, so there game don’t die. Running 1 ad a week for a brand new game can kill a starting game.

I don’t have this problem, but this can be a big problem for starting game makers/investors.

The better option is to hire more staff instead of making the pending time longer.

5 Likes

I’m glad that there are more changes to the website security involving the exchange of robux.

Both me and my friend’s accounts were hacked in two separate unrelated occasions and when we had gotten our accounts back, in the transactions, both of our accounts had bought a random single t-shirt that costed over 1,000 robux. It is very common for hacked accounts to make fraudulent purchases for an extremely overpriced user-generated item to drain the account’s robux.

This is a step in the right direction, but maybe in the future, trusted accounts, like accounts that have DevEx or are part of the Dev Forum, should have much lower waiting periods than random accounts that are brand new and have no content, since those kinds of accounts are very notorious for being throwaway bot accounts to funnel stolen robux into.

Edit: I’ve read other replies and I agree that extending the period will not put an end to the huge amount of bot laundering that goes on in the site. From my personal experience, after I got hacked and my robux stolen, I immediately contacted support the morning after. After receiving template support email after template support email, it took over 10 days for a human person to talk to me and actually look at my stolen robux issue, then they said that the robux had already went through. I got my robux back, but support threatened that if this happens again, I won’t get a refund.

2 Likes

1 week,i just cant. Because i try to do commision and it taking long enough time. Like i understand the safety and all,but 1 week is just insane. Especially people that doesnt have group. i do commision most of the time and i have to wait sometimes unsure as theres no approximate date. Maybe just let it stay the way it is

I don’t have a question, but I have some feedback that could be useful;
Why not making a list of people that are fully trusted and don’t have any moderation history (Let’s say, developers or translator that are really open about their stuff) and make it so people on that list don’t have to wait? That would be kind of a good feature. There could be, let’s say, an applying process for this?

I feel this is not a failing which developers should be made to be responsible for, why should we be made to suffer when this is instead a systematic failing within roblox’s moderation workflow

Also I hope there is a process in place which instantly gives the minimum wait time to developers who have been involved in the developer exchange since I believe it’s common sense they are unlikely to be making fraudulent transactions

The number of misinformed replies here has been absolutely staggering. Really not what this forum should live up to.

The delay doesn’t matter. It’s better that it exists - example, someone compromises your account, transfers your robux and you don’t notice for 2 days. These malicious users have pools of washers where they can make it basically impossible to recover the robux once they get them.

This has nothing to do with how long it takes to get your money - if your game earns X amount, it’s staggered proportionally so that the funds wil always eventually reach you. The impact here is minimal.

Thank you Roblox for taking platform security seriously and helping users who have been compromised.

4 Likes

It’s more a fact that it’s not our problem, so therefor it is not a consequence for us to bare. It also has some smaller impact on things like ad cycles for smaller games.

Debatably if you dont notice within 2 days then the amount was negligible.

You could argue people may not have logged into their account for 2 days but if your taking sensible security procedures then you should get notifications on email and other services when your account is breached.

5 Likes

Yeah, nobody has ever gone on holiday, or not logged in over a weekend.

It is absolutely your problem. You want money from people. They are paying you that money. Roblox is facilitating that transaction. The only person who doesn’t want there to be a waiting period is you, the developer.

2 Likes

Im sorry, what?? Wait a whole, week?!? First, us designers are disregarded as developers. 30% of our earnings are taken, we wait 3 days for our robux to come in. Clothing copying still continues. Sales, have gone down due to the new datastores. Now we’re waiting for our robux, to come in after a WEEK? You should really, reconsider your decisions. This is going to have more of a negative impact, instead of positive.

4 Likes

Like that, less scams would happen, the player that got hacked using a script can have much more time to contact roblox support and describe their issue, therefore roblox would ban and remove the item from the catalog. (This comes from a person that got randomly hacked and just left with 0 robux ).