Incoming Adjustment to 'Pending Sales' Waiting Period

Roblox should have a system like steam sign up when making an account with email and when you want to log in you would need a code that it’s sent to your email 2 step verify is a thing but can be easily bypassed with someone information given to roblox support

Why?

This just seems totally unnecessary. I thought 3 days was a lot of time. Now, we have to wait more? This does more harm then good, especially for smaller developers.

4 Likes

Dear Roblox team, I am a small developer and now I live from roblox. If I had to wait a week longer it would be a huge loss for me and I could not live on roblox anymore. And I can’t create that many games anymore. So please shorten the peridode for developers to MAX one DAY !

Thanks for your understanding, best regards kevini44

9 Likes

This seems like a huge stall in my opinion. This is definitely not the way to go.

4 Likes

Why? Is there something wrong with the current 3 day period? Sometimes robux can take even longer then just 3 days anyway?

3 Likes

30% taken,
3 days wait till now,
So many strict regulations, and now a wait of a whole week?
Could you also please elaborate on sales security? Yes, I agree that everyone who has commented till now are saying the same thing as it is a matter which is really serious, three days itself is a very long wait and who will bear more extensions…?

Not to be rude Roblox Staff, but this decision is ridiculous. Please re-think your priorities.

2 Likes

This is another disappointing band-aid fix. Rather than actually putting resources and funding into expanding a proper moderation/review team, it’s just band-aids after band-aids.

All you’re going to do is slowly drive people away from the platform. Making it harder for devs to make money is not the right direction, there’s already the 30% tax, and then when it comes to devex, we get what, 17% of the revenue? Or is it even less, I don’t remember. So not only is there the 30% tax on the initial sale, we get taxed again when we cash out.

But yes, make it take even longer for devs to make money. Most people aren’t going to stay on the platform long-term if they can’t predict their income. Having a random 7 day waiting period to get your funds to then wait anywhere from 2 days to over a month to get paid out makes people really weary of really going full on in becoming a dev.

Stop with the useless and annoying band-aid fixes. These help nobody, not even the problem you’re trying to “Fix”.

15 Likes

This is really outrageous. For big developers it won’t affect them as much, however small developers who depend on the money they make to funnel it right back into adverts, sponsors, etc. This really will damage them. A possibility of waiting 7 days for the revenue you made that day. Please reconsider this decision.

4 Likes

tough one. Many will have to readjust their budget on ads, especially smaller games who’re just starting out and couldn’t get their hands on funds their game may have earned.

This moderation should be fixed, everytime some screw up happens in the roblox moderation such as bots you tend to just double everything, double the captcha difficulty now double the payout pending?
This is rough.

3 Likes

A lot of big developers and influencers commission me by purchasing a shirt, so sometimes I have to change the price of a shirt to something above 10K so they could buy it. Would that be suspicious and lead me to get falsely banned?

2 Likes

This update is interesting, and I fail to see how effective this will be, other than giving you more time to do something. There is so little transparency here, all I know is what you are going to do, but why?

If you won’t explain why things are needed, you will receive very little understanding.

My opinion on this? Once you delay your employees’ salaries by a week more, then I can accept this, but that isn’t happening.

1 Like

This is massively problematic, especially for those who do commission work on the platform and rely on earnings. This decision should be reconsidered.

1 Like

You wouldn’t be banned for selling an asset at a high price as that would be totally unjust. It may just have a longer waiting period for you to receive funds

1 Like

First you started with 70% tax for everyone apart from premium users, that was horrible to everyone, then you updated it to 30% tax for everyone which actually was a good update as it made developers not depend on spending money to earn less/more money, then it was a 3 days wait time to recieve earnings which I didn’t mind, I thought it was a good idea, and now you’ve decided to lash out the worst update yet, 7 days to wait to recieve payment, really?

Theres literally devs out there that get kicked out their houses because they ain’t making enough money or because they DevEx comes in too slow, this is already horrible yet now you’ve decided to give a 1 week wait time to first Recieve the payment, then DevExing already takes around 3-5 weeks.

In my opinion this is just a stupid update, instead of making dev’s lives easier, you’ve made them worse. Goodjob

5 Likes

This is reasonable. A week cap is industry standard afaik. These terms may not be bad at all depending on the implementation, assuming it’s dynamic.

Though like anticheat in a game, I figure there may be so few bad actors it does more collateral harm to the masses at its T1 error rate than the rate at which it correctly flags the thieverous minority.

Will risk of fraud and abuse terms be made transparent to help developers gauge what comes when?
Or obfuscated to prevent gaming them?

I’m not a fan of this change… AT ALL.
I already have to wait 3 days and get 30% taken off of my clothing sales for my group funds to come in, Also as someone that does commissions in that area that will make T-shirt payments not an option anymore since that’s probably going to make the system think you’re suspicious and it will take literally a week to have robux come in. Even if you went the group fund route with commissions it could potentially take longer for the client to be able to afford the service you commission.

My question though, if this is true this could look better for clothing designers, will this make clothing botters (people that steal the clothing and buy it up to the front page) be consisdered suspicious with this system in place? and if someone is considered suspicious for too long will their account and or group be invesigated by a human moderator?

if this makes clothing botting nearly impossible to do and front paging clothing onto the front page I may really like this idea since I’m sick of peoples original work being copy stamped thousands of times to have that copy sold unlike the original

5 Likes

This is seriously the most ridiculous change brought about. 3 days is too much, also during weekends we can’t even get our funds! So if we buy a shirt we don’t get it on Sunday, but instead on Monday! That really is too long.

Just remove that waiting period. Your doing everyone a favour. There are million others ways of checking fraudulent activities.

4 Likes

7 days until the payment is released is way too long for small developers. They want to have their earnings fast so they can keep investing in their games.

Please, think again about this and maybe make it shorter for transactions on games of smaller developers (below a specific amount of average current players or something like that should be considered as small developer).

4 Likes

This update will only make developing on ROBLOX even less attractive. The 30% tax on developer products, shirts etc. And now an even longer waiting period for pending robux to process?!

If you want to pull this update through, atleast consider removing that ridiculous and horrendous 30% tax rate from shirts, developer products etcetera.

4 Likes