Incoming Adjustment to 'Pending Sales' Waiting Period

3-7 days isn’t necessary, I clicked this expecting that roblox finally listened and changed it back. Another thing, I don’t see how this is helping the platform decrease cases of fraud and improving safety other than authenticating payments sent to groups, I think 3 days is more than enough. Now as well as 3-7 days of pending funds + the approximately 2 week authentication of devex that really adds up. Bad update, plain and simple.

19 Likes

This is horrible for us developers. You already take 30% tax and had 3 day revenue time, so I just find it so unfair to make it even harder for us to make money.

22 Likes

This isn’t a good choice at all… Waiting 3 days and being taxed 30% on the profits you made was far enough in my opinion but fair enough. But applying 7 days is pushing back WAYY- too much, If the owner of the group is under the age of 13 then make pending sales take 7 days. As you, the developers who have intentions of making processes safer and improve on security I do not think this is a required change until the community demanded so. :neutral_face:

20 Likes

Don’t you think 7 days is a little too long? Low end commissioners that make a little bit of money have 30% taken from their commission already and I thought 3 days was long enough.

12 Likes

I dont think is would benefit us anyway no one has bypassed the current wait period either.

13 Likes

Ok while you are at it though, try making group funds more viable. I am sick of having to wait 3 days for my OWN robux to go into my OWN groups funds. I am also sick of having to pay 30% tax on my OWN robux I am putting into my OWN group. This update may make it worse if I have to wait 7 days to actually pay someone

32 Likes

This change is going to hurt developers severely, especially those who work on commission. I’d rethink this change if I were Roblox…

17 Likes

I don’t understand the point of this, it never stopped USD buyers or prevented any type of abuse, all it does is make developers who work hard wait longer to get their money.

18 Likes

Erm, I’d understand 3-5 but a whole week? That is WAYY TOO long. I am a small developer; and I find it hard enough to earn funds, and I stay patient while waiting, but considering how buggy this system is. WE COULD BE waiting 2 WEEKS for 100 robux of funds. Plus; other funds take 2 days to add to the TOTAL PENDING. This is way too far.

11 Likes

Agreed; in that time the developer could take a break or do something else.

3 Likes

Honestly, from my perspective standpoint, I don’t think this would benefit in any way besides security but still could potentially create harm to the developer and the platform. 3 days is long enough, and now up to 1 week? I don’t think it’s a good idea to lengthen the waiting period and definitely could impact many developers in the long run especially to those who rely on the DevEx exchange program.

5 Likes

What is the determining factor if a sale pends for 3 days or 7 days?

4 Likes

30% as tax and a 3 day waiting period is bad enough, improve your moderation and server capabilities before making our lives 10x harder. I agree with @oxazolone also, maybe this is their way to make more money.

If this continues, I might just move to another platform.

17 Likes

While doing this does make it less appealing to commit fraud on the platform, this harms the developers that are working their hardest to earn robux fair, and legitimately. I think that it would’ve been more reasonable to flag large purchases (30k+ RB/1 transaction), or add in a method to “vet” developers that have a long-standing history of being ToS compliant, this way the pending time could’ve effectively been lowered through a completely automated vetting style system.

Hopefully we’ll be able to see some edits made to this system in the future.

10 Likes

Is this a joke? I thought this post was to make it shorter, I apologize for being rude, however, this doesn’t make any sense. As for what @thevaultdweler said, this punishes developers or creators. It doesn’t protect us.
In my opinion, how would the wait time even protect us in the first place? Exactly. A lot of times I need to deposit robux to my group. Maybe at least please add a feature to deposit robux?
However, okay.

13 Likes

This is absolutely crazy! 3-7 day wait? Already dealing with the 3 day wait was annoying, but now we have to wait up to a week? This is becoming ridiculous, and I am extremely disappointed. Do better!

10 Likes

Honestly, it’s probably randomized. Funny enough; the scammers always get the lowest wait period. One person I know got scammed out of 30k, and roblox did not care a singular bit. They said it “wasn’t fraudulent activity on the account”. Yet, in audit logs, 10k was deposited out to a random group.

8 Likes

I believe, this is pretty unfair towards developers, as we have to wait for a long period of time to earn our game pass funds. We also need to pay developers, artists and such using these funds, and basically makes it pretty difficult to plan and get things fast.

20 Likes

I just see this as a massive opportunity for more robux to get lost. It’s really easy to loose track of pending but according to my developers statistics after the 30% tax I lost over 3 million robux last month somehow through the already messy pending system. But now we are going to overload it up to 7 days which is just more of an opportunity to loose track of funds?

10 Likes

I believe I understand the reason why you increased it, but it’s going to be very challenging for us all to earn our funds in time. Maybe instead of increasing the time we wait, you should start investigating fraud and poisoned items from the timing of it, instead of the game of hot potato. What I’m basically saying is that instead of increasing our wait time as it is already long enough, improve your investigation systems, and customer support systems as well as your report systems, I think it’s a big improvement highly needed, and I’m sure a billion dollar company can cover that with no issue at all. If you want users to enjoy the game, you have to stop doing things like increasing robux prices, which are causing more people to have no choice but to buy off web robux. I know this is a bit off topic, but it’s a place to start understanding that you have to take the users perspective into hand before you make any rash decisions.

8 Likes