Incoming Adjustment to 'Pending Sales' Waiting Period

Considering the fact I use premium payouts to help pay with advertising; this is way too long, and way too frustrating of a wait time to deal with.

9 Likes

I completely disagree with this, you don’t even need to consider it, just change it already.

12 Likes

For real, this honestly just sounds like another way for roblox to cut corners instead of actually developing a actual sophisticated system to counter scammers, just like their broken capatcha system, an ugly solution to counter bots.

22 Likes

Adding on, why not add this wait time to newer groups; and force longer times to newer groups to help fraud; and not force devs to suffer.

7 Likes

I don’t really understand the “fraud or abuse.” section part of this, If you go onto the t-shirt page, almost all the t-shirts are ridiculously expensive (to transfer robux to the throwaway group), and are usually owned by throwaway accounts which are most often used to be selling robux by using a third party website for USD, it’s even more apparent when you go onto the group walls with users complaining that they didn’t receive their “payments”

It’s quite literally in plain site.

20 Likes

Absolutely agreed. I feel as this is just a way to make up for the lack of work effort put into the department which handles this kind of thing.

6 Likes

We are the ones making Roblox… well Roblox? And now they are making it harder for us to get rewarded for making the platform go forward.

6 Likes

Agreed. A simpler method then this would be for one; to limit the amount of shirts and the price they can be sold at for newer groups, preventing fraud, and possibly actually doing something to help stop them.

2 Likes

I agree, roblox is filled with 8-9 yearolds that probably don’t know what the dang orientation of different images that funcaptcha gives. Especially with 10 degree rotations, it makes it painfully hard to login or make an account which lowers the amount of players Roblox gets by thousands.

7 Likes

If I am being honest, if we are able to receive our dev ex revenue faster by implying this then I am all for it, because developer exchange takes over a week. With this it should clarify that the money was earned legitimately and in return reduce the amount of time it takes to receive our developer exchange revenue.

9 Likes

That is a good idea! New groups are more likely to be used in a violation of terms kind of manner, which could allow it to be an easier system to use.

3 Likes

Three full business days was more than enough of a wait time. Anything more than this is exorbitant. Some might even argue that this was a completely unnecessary ‘incoming adjustment’ at all. Developers need money too. Like any other profession, we need a decent cash flow. You shouldn’t have to wait up to a week for payment, as if the current waiting period was not bad enough.

I understand the need to investigate, prevent, and deter scamming, but punishing the vast majority of legitimate transactions on the platform is not the way to do it.

11 Likes

It seems not many developers appreciate this update.
I’m sorry ROBLOX, maybe consider reverting this for us developers sakes…?
thanks no results
i like no results
awesome no results

55 Likes

Yes, and the mod system is broken beyond belief. The bots read messages; find keywords, and match them to random people. Honestly, big purchases should require 2fa; and you can set a requirement on what’s big for you, e.x. “1k” or “100k”.

12 Likes

It’s almost as if roblox doesn’t even care sometimes, theres many many many examples of this

1. Broken capatcha system that roblox was AWARE of that is still around to this day.
  2. Broken bubble chat that they don’t care about fixing
  3. And now this “pending payment” change
15 Likes

This just seems like a bad idea in general on the developer’s part. This will also make commissions much more difficult.

5 Likes

I might as well move platforms while I’m at it, at least they won’t make us wait 7 days for our payment, take 30% of that payment away and go down nearly every week.

5 Likes

This is a terrible update. I’m quite disappointed, especially seeing as just how much noise the community already makes with regards to waiting times of pending transactions.

I think you’re approaching this from the wrong angle. Instead of increasing the time to “catch suspicious activity”, you should be improving the methods taken to do such. You guys should be making it easier for developers to earn money and complete transactions and this update only drives people away from this.

It really would be good to see some improvements being made on identifying suspicious activity so that this process doesn’t take forever. It’s bad enough that these transactions already take so long.

15 Likes

Exactly. If I ever work for roblox, which I don’t anticipate I would. I would start suggesting a lot more effort put in into the update systems for the bugs around this web as well as focusing on that instead of topics that a user would have his experience more damaged.

6 Likes

Yeah, nobody appreciates this. At first we got all these helpful updates; and now this? How hard is it to see “oh yeah this guy uhh, lot of robux, new account, hm sus.” That should be easy enough to detect.
They literally have a account age system ON THEIR PLATFORM; how hard is it to detect these things via website??

9 Likes