Incoming Adjustment to 'Pending Sales' Waiting Period

why the heck is my group payouts locked for no reason? is it to make it look like that it will take 3-7 days but in reality it will take weeks to actually be able to spend the robux?
atleast make it so the owner can put robux into their own group without waiting weeks :rage: :-1:

3 Likes

In mu opinion this is the worst update Roblox has ever made. Ever. People will be on the streets, making loans, getting evicted, not get paid, because groups havenā€™t been able to pay Robux. Hard facts.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s a real exaggeration, but it does cause a load of inconvenience and keyboard smashing.

Make it 3 weeks without being payedā€¦ It has been.

I was being sarcastic mate lol

1 Like

At this point, it was 3 weeks.

I had to wait for 3 weeks for my Robux and I am annoyed and pissed.

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit late and sorry if I misunderstood anything but hereā€™s my input with it so far after giving it almost a month before judgingā€¦

I am quite disappointed in this update.
So far it is taking ~6 days for revenue earned to come into my account.
This caused me to not earn ANY revenue whatsoever from goods for 3-4 days since this changed occurred.
Iā€™m surprised that thereā€™s so many people that support this change - I understand itā€™s for the best to make sure we arenā€™t receiving any fraudulent robux but I really think this isnā€™t the best way to deal with it, especially how the change was put on everyone with hardly any warning.

Many of us are living off of Roblox either as the only source of income or a good chunk of it, so things like this that are suddenly dropped on us with only a few days warning where we canā€™t do anything about it can affect some of us financially. It has already been quite a hard time financially for many of us this year. This also makes it more difficult to track our spendings and revenue for games in the past month accurately when we have to check back to make sure every single purchase that was made in [month] went through successfully, especially for teams where the lead developer is expected to pay out to all of their team members in time.

Itā€™s also disappointing how random this is. Iā€™d rather have it be a static 5 days than randomly 3-7 for developers since I used it to see how all of my gameā€™s monetization has been performing in the last 3 days. (Even though I could look at the developer stats graphs, it was just nice to have this for a quick glance at a general number.

Not a fan of some of the steps Roblox has been taking lately. I feel like this widens the gap a little bit more for developer-Roblox trust. What if you were very tight on living and it turns out your boss suddenly says that he wonā€™t be able to pay you for a few more days past the expected date, except now itā€™s also random, with some people apparently having to wait a few weeks? (What I got from glancing at the posts a bit)

11 Likes

I find it ridiculous to be honest. I can understand why Roblox is doing this, but itā€™s going to hurt people more than help.

2 Likes

ok can u please tell us why you are locking our group payouts for no reason?

8 Likes

I reckon that Roblox should provide the initial reasoning behind this change. I understand itā€™s for fraud and abuse, but you can say the same about the former duration. What I donā€™t like is the lack of transparency here. I assume that the extended duration is for providing staff with adequate time to examine transactions effectively. Though, I reckon any suspicious activity should be dealt with quickly within a day or so, regardless. And letā€™s just three days is already enough time for those investigations. Thereā€™s a lot of valid questions about this change, and I feel updating this thread to answer some of our concerns is better than leaving us all hanging. 7 days or not, what was lacking about 3 days?

3 Likes

alas roblox making one of their finest decisions so someone that emails me with the name bob but is actually named john can check my funds legitimacy and with their cheetos cheesed up fingers can press ā€œlockā€ so it locks funds

god bless roblox

but seriously people with devex are gonna get hit hard by this sorry if im the 100th person saying this

3 Likes

I would appreciate if this were updated to have more player influence rather than doing the same thing for everyone. For example, having 2FA enabled, being a long time DevEx member/good record in the past, or any new security measures can lower the time of this pending period, hopefully to a few hours after a transaction while still keeping security in check. Right now, 3-7 days to RECIEVE the robux after a transaction, 30% Robux tax cut, waiting 2 WEEKS for DevEx AND only having monthly payouts is just too much for anyone to thrive off this system, unless they are one of the more popular game developers.

5 Likes

This doesnā€™t help AT ALL. Whatā€™s the point of doing this when Robux is paid anyways? I feel like it should be much shorter. Pretty sure 3 days was way too long for pending robux but now 7? 2020 is honestly getting worser for Roblox.

4 Likes

The DevEx rates have already been hit. People havenā€™t made 350 USD for 3 weeks, in some instances, as evident of the timeframes above.

4 Likes

Even 15 Robux from somebody buying a game pass from my game will take 7 days because I havenā€™t got them in a while now, this is just ridiculous.

5 Likes

Itā€™s been almost 3 weeks for me and I havenā€™t got a reply from any staff member.

5 Likes

What about the smaller devs like me? We barely earn any robux and for that small amount to be delayed. Now thatā€™s a problem!

5 Likes

bad change, Hopefully when Roblox going public, we wont see more awful changes like this.

4 Likes

3 to 7 days is not accurate at all.
When you create a new group and try to add funds via a T shirt, expect to wait atleast 22+ days for your robux to release.
This new change has forced my group into closure as I was unable to hire a developer due to the time this is locked for.
I am still waiting for release of funds after 22 days since purchase.
Contacting support is in no way helpful to this situation as they have no authority.
This new feature needs a major review, and reconsideration as this effects smaller developers significantly.

Provided below are the screenshots showing date of purchase and the current date with it still frozen.

How can ROBLOX improve this new system?

1. Revert the timeframe for groups owned by accounts that were created atleast 6 months previously.
  2. Use this current system for new accounts on the platform, since they pose the greatest risk to fraud / illegal usage of group funds.

This system is very inconvenient to many developers and overall effects the likeliness of success to smaller developers.
As it restricts developers from access to funds that are crucial to the development and advancement of their communities and games.
@Kairomatic This needs significant improvements, such as customer service option so that funds can be processed faster to not destroy a communities chance of taking off.

8 Likes

It is also very unsettling because this change really strays away from the ROBLOX motto.
ā€œPowering imaginationā€
By continuing to implement systems that make it harder on your many talented creators and developers on the platform, the ROBLOX community is seeming more and more to be more about protecting money the site earns than over giving resources to developers. You already have developers paying monthly fees for Premium, which allows developers to get 70% of their hard earned robux. But now you delay the process for receiving them upwards of a month.
You make it more difficult for anyone in the community to make money unless its a front page game that is thriving and endorsed by ROBLOX.
You have over 750 replies and all if not most are unhappy developers within your platform.
For a community that relies on its developers to produce and release games, which make the company money and is the primary source of income and ROBUX purchases, you are doing a poor job of supporting your developers.
Each change that limits the developers ability to thrive and boost the ROBLOX revenue for the company through an easy process of marketing their game, is only effecting the motivation of your developers to continue making games, if not causing some developers to quit from developing on the ROBLOX platform and looking for a more promising less difficult way to develop and release a game. After years of loyal developers contributing to the income and popularity of ROBLOX. You should at this point be looking to make it easier for developers to thrive instead of making it more difficult.

10 Likes