Incoming Adjustment to 'Pending Sales' Waiting Period

Not many support this change. Only 10 Percent.
Almost 90 Percent do not want this at all.

As I said , this does completely nothing to stop fraud or abuse , it just make them slower.

4 Likes

“Stopping” would be removing funds altogether. All this does is just delay payouts.

3 Likes

I don’t think Roblox doesn’t get that there is no 100% way to fraud or “abuse” in the system other than to remove the whole currency system.

But making the wait time longer is ridiculous. someone wasn’t making good decisions when making this update. Waiting 7 Days to possible 2 weeks+ for robux payments s not good at all. This will surely do damage to small , uprising devs.

Fraud , Abusing , and scamming will be on every single platform , and that is something every Developer/Team must face when creating an online interactive platform. whether it can be totally stopped or not , its up to the developers , and at the same time , its up to the people who use the platform.

but @Roblox , this isn’t cool! You should revert it back or even make it shorter than it was before! Uprising developers or all developers in general like me may surely suffer in terms of payment. This isn’t putting a stop to anything!

3 Likes

Even if this change is disliked by most people, Roblox definitely has a reason for doing this. That reason probably outweighs the negative feedback. Fraud is a serious matter, not to be taken lightly. It is definitely Roblox’s job to prevent this from happening. And if this change helps with that I’m all for it.

1 Like

Fraud is a serious matter, not to be taken lightly. It is definitely Roblox’s job to prevent this from happening.

Totally understand. Although its a serious matter , unfortunately , even with the route Roblox took , fraud and abuse didn’t end , neither was it lowered. It just only made it take longer to happen, (not to mention its hurting most devs in the process.). And I hate to say it but It probably wont ever end.

You can only do so much about it , because anybody can slip under someone nose with anything , no how secure you may think you may be someone will come up with something.

So Im not sure how this outweighs any all feedback given from almost all of the community.

5 Likes

This hurts all developers, not small or upcoming. People simply are waiting days to weeks to even over a month to get funds through and payed. This is echoed through this topic, and I say to be the worst change ever to hit the Developer community. No response since October 2020.

2 Likes

People could do the same fraud but with a shared account instead of a group and not get the 30 day waiting period. Thats stupid that they decided to do this 30 day waiting period

3 Likes

@Kairomatic its going to be well into 2022 before this topic stops having replies in it, unless Roblox gives a response about this whole matter. I hope someone of high status talks about this so it can gain support against this update, against the group payout lockouts, and against the group fund approval process.

I am disappointed that its been near 3 months since this topic started with no response from Roblox. This system is ultimately broken, unfavored for, and needs to be brought to light officially by Roblox.

Please consider changing it all, you very well know its costing people’s lifestyle. As part of Developer Relations, you surely know how some Roblox developers rely on this platform on a source of income, for some, an only source. In the past its been talked about how this platform has payed for college funds, housing, essentially, living a normal life.

An apology doesn’t even matter at this point, the best that can be done is reverting these updates. Saying again, it doesn’t matter, it has been far too long. Its madness. Its what is driving developers away from this platform, as it can no longer be relied upon.

6 Likes

You have done it again roblox. This is insane, and I absolutely hate it. Small developers like myself will suffer because we have to wait an entire week to invest for our projects, or even simply pay a developer. We even get taxed on 30% on our income. As of right now I currently can not make any transactions, or pay for assets, because all of the funds in my group are pending. I hope roblox fixes this in the future, however my doubts say otherwise

3 Likes

That’s not how it works ( … )

Replying to this topic again…

I can’t believe they did it… they have got a MAJORITY OF NOs but they still added it ! Now I have to wait a whole week to pay my staff and this is very very annoying. You can even see the amount of people that refused this change on the vote in the 2nd top post !

4 Likes

Not only is it annoying, it slows down development speed when you can’t pay for assets until an entire week later. Roblox keeps putting out BS updates which hurt their own community, regardless of what we say. We need a voice on this

7 Likes

The waiting period is probably to make it harder and slower to get Robux, through legitimate or illegitimate means, and to incentivize developers to buy Robux instead of waiting. Also, my group is permanently locked from paying out robux from group funds. I believe this is true for new groups too.

4 Likes

Come on! Do you hear us? A week and more? That’s too long!

To decrease the chance of Fraud and Abuse, I don’t think this is a decent nor great solution. The solution is to actually fix the moderation system, making sure the passes are legitimate in the first place.

Now I’m not marketing guy but, how can you even risk abuse by a person deciding to buy that item? It’s really just common sense to be honest.

If I’m wrong, feel free to kindly correct me.

4 Likes

…

This seems to be legit. Roblox updated their Community Guidelines, and it is in-line with the moderation of users based on Robux transactions.

As found under point 13.

As discussed in the Roblox Terms of Use, you cannot (and you cannot allow others) sell, trade or give away Robux, digital goods or game codes except through official channels on Roblox platform. For example, you cannot conduct such transactions through chat, Roblox Groups, or third-party apps or websites. You also cannot buy or sell Roblox games or Groups.

This basically says transactions from groups may result in moderation. Large sums as you specified would easily make it identifable that someone was making a transaction, and hence moderation them.

1 Like

I’m still yet to understand the purpose of this. Yes, ROBLOX claims it’s to prevent fraud and abuse, but like many people mentioned, it just makes it longer to do these actions. Adding a wait period does little to nothing to prevent fraud, especially when your moderation team doesn’t even know what a fraud is. For example, I posted a decal that was just a bus, yet roblox takes it down as “NSFW”. Thanks moderation!

1 Like

This is wrong! JUST WRONG
No one should be forced to wait this long for funds. To pay devs or staff. PLEASE REMOVE THIS.

Everyone will be a lot happier.

5 Likes

I’m mostly sure that updates like this are just so roblox can attempt to get more money by making impatient developers wait longer and just decide to spend money on it.

1 Like

i love how they took the time to strike me for speaking out against this, though they didnt bother to actually respond to a single comment on this page. thats exactly their intentions, if you thought roblox didnt just want money, then idk what to say .

3 Likes

Hello, dear Roblox, I completely understand and respect your rules and acknowledge that they are made for the better of your community. However like several other developers, I am going to add my opinion to this update which many people aren’t very happy about it. See I never quite understood how can making someone wait 3 days for their funds prevent fraud, scam or just about anything? If all they have to do is wait, they can wait for 3 days and then commit that fraud or scam. So personally I never quite understood why but eventually we all got used to the fact that the 3 day pending system is here to stay. However this new update is making even less sense in my opinion with all due respect because all it does is add more time for developers to wait for their funds. They can definitely commit frauds once 7 days are up, as far as I am concerned as a developer this just doesn’t feel right to me. It feels like there may be a better approach for the better of us. Remember that it is all in my opinion, you may completely and respectfully disagree with whatever I have to say. Thank you very much.

5 Likes