Incoming Adjustment to 'Pending Sales' Waiting Period

Once again, this is absolutely ridiculous, I apologize for being very rude, but honestly you guys need to actually listen to what our developers are saying, you already take 30% , with the previous 3 day wait, and you are now trying to change it to 3-7 days. This is absolutely Ridiculous, I honestly cannot even say I expected any better, How are we supposed to do commissions? waiting 7 days for payment? How are we supposed to pay our developers? This is way to long, I do recommend you reconsider this update, as it is hurting your developers more.

Once again, sorry for being extremely rude.

11 Likes

Sorry, I did it quickly. Aaaa; itā€™s hard when it keeps putting me on the reply button.

(Back on topic; this is a really bad update. Itā€™ll make more ways to scam then stop them.)

3 Likes

Yes, we understand the security issues with USDā€™ers + devs getting comped but cmon us devs donā€™t wanna wait to eatā€¦

9 Likes

This is a bad change, but a needed change.

2 Likes

True, yes but there are other ways to do this; rather than force it on innocent people.
I know many people who earn their income from roblox, and work jobs in order to support their passion; if anything this is spitting in their face.

3 Likes

If you really need to add more time to investigate and stop scams and other fraudulent things, Iā€™m completely fine with that.
At LEAST lower the minimum time rather than keeping it at three though. Maybe a 1 day minimum?
As it stands this is honestly a horrible change that doesnā€™t improve much.

8 Likes

Roblox, did you think this would help developers? Or exactly what is the point of this? I donā€™t understand, At least lower the 30% or something, one whole week is too long, Im sorry too say. You should honestly remove the wait, and bring us back to normal.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not too sure about this system. For me personally, this could potentially screw me over massively in terms of paying rent. Would the waiting time be dependent on how trusted a developer is, similar to the Developer Exchange program? I can DevEx just in time to be able to pay my rent at the moment with the 3-day waiting time. If that gets increased to 7 days, I will be screwed and I may have to consider leaving the platform realistically. This is something that should have been a topic of discussion before this became an announcement. This gets a :-1: from me.

We very much need a response to a lot of our questions here as there is a big load of uncertainty here.

49 Likes

I agree that something has to be done to increase the level of security when it comes to the transferring of large sums of robux, however this also needs to be approached with developers in mind. Increasing the the length of time it takes for the funds to pend through isnā€™t a solution, itā€™s a temporary patch to a much larger issue, and not down to those that simply want to transfer funds to and from accounts.

One of the main issues that is affecting developers is that there simply isnā€™t a competent feature that assures the security of ones account, such as implementing proper 2FA techniques that requires more than just a code sent to your email. There have been multiple statements that stem from issues within CS, the lack of communication provides malicious information that is then used to compromise accounts, once this has been resolved you will see a drastic decrease in the amount of support requests regarding accounts being compromised, therefore resulting in less suspicious activity when it comes to transferring funds from different accounts.

7 Likes

:frowning:

Can we at least know beforehand how long it will take that way we know when to pay people? Like at least show us a timer saying ā€œYou have 4:00:00:00 until the robux comes inā€

3 days was a lot, but 7 days, thatā€™sā€¦ kinda extreme. As a small developer, I dislike this update. I think even other bigger developers donā€™t like this change one bit.

7 Likes

Just as Iā€™m moving into a new apartment, I sure do hope Iā€™ll be able to pay rent in time with this SEVEN DAY wait. This is honestly scary.

12 Likes

Honestly, instead of just doing this. Thereā€™s a easier way that I (think) some developers would be fine with.

1. Shirts canā€™t be outrageous prices.
10k plus should not be allowed; thereā€™s no need for these weird prices. You should allow these prices only if the developer has a group with more then 1000 members. Otherwise; they cannot be these prices.

2. New accounts make groups until they reach a requirement.
Why should a random account just made be able to make a whole new group? Add a cooldown/ requirement. itā€™s more suspicious if anything fraudelent looking.

3. Add a way to direct pay developers if they are verified.
Since shirt prices canā€™t be outrageous; if a person is on the devforum, or has a account registered and verified; they should be allowed if the account is under 5 months old, or hasnā€™t been logged into in a long time. To get reverified, people can send a email, and if they pass checks, they can be reinstated back in.

16 Likes

Personally, I think this is a terrible idea towards all developers. 3 days for pay was already long enough. Roblox can improve the terrible botting issues already existent which can then lower the amount of fraud or abuse.

2 Likes

dang 3-7daysā€¦ guess i have to wait for me to give my bro some robux for some icky gamepasses :sneezing_face:

atleast improve your security features like an authy or something, that can help alot

1 Like

Small developers and their commissions for one?

1 Like

Well, in the last one I say;

this should be easy enough for a legitimate developer to pass. 5m+ is a bit extreme; so perhaps 3m+? Honestly, itā€™d be the best system over anything compared to how commissions work regarding Robux.

This is really going to hurt the smaller developers of Roblox. 3 days was already hard, 7 days is going to be a real struggle. I honestly donā€™t think 7 days will make a big enough impact to justify more than double the wait time.

4 Likes

3 days is bad enough, up to 7 days is HORRIBLE.

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but this will cripple many many developers that rely on back to back sponsors :confused:

17 Likes

I get the impression that smaller developers such as myself will be hardest hit, being forced to wait 7 days to receive any money from a commission while more widely known developers get their robux quicker.

If a purchase or payout that I receive gets marked as ā€œfraudulentā€ does this effect my other sales and mark them as suspicious too?

This is frankly ridiculous. I also highly doubt this will help fraudulent activity. How about you target the actual scammers (When I open messages I get spammed with ā€œExplain your RAP increaseā€ scams. How about you worry yourselves with that fraudulent activity.) instead of hurting lower end developers who depend on quick, last minute commissions to make ends meet.

However little this update helps Iā€™m willing to bet developers would rather take the risk.

11 Likes