InCommand - versatile, adaptable command execution

One thing that would be great if you could add would be being able to highlight the code (to copy and paste) as you scroll down because it undoes the highlight!

Roblox doesn’t let you scroll while your cursor is focused on a TextBox. Annoying, I know.

Hah! Oh well, thanks for letting me know though. If I have any more things I can think of to add, I’ll be sure to let you guys know. Anyways, have a blessed day guys, thanks for the plugin! :+1:

Oh I got an idea, how about adding sliders to the window so when its expanded you don’t have to keep dragging it larger to see the whole script? If you get what I mean?

The scripts that I had saved had recently gotten erased (I used a different device than usual to load studio, and to my surprise, both devices ended up having missing data), and it is very disappointing that there are no local (to a place) saves or folders to backup data. I can’t see myself using InCommand nearly as much any more as 80% of the plugin’s significance is saving scripts, and there’s no guarantee that it won’t happen again.

1 Like

It’s a Roblox race condition.

Whenever i Run A Script It Shows This How To Fix It? Or Is It A Bug

*Edit i Dont See A New Update On The “Manage Plugins”

i cannot figure out how to fix this i do not see any new updates on the “manage plugins”
its the same on the atmos - skyboxes plugin

That was an update roblox did a very long time ago. Any time an asset id is required, it notifies you about it. InCommand did not print that directly.

and idea how to make it not notifies me?, its annoying

I don’t think you can disable it.

:pensive:Sad its very annoying,And the plugin is cool too

2 Likes

Great concept but the lack of vertical resizing makes integrating it into my workflow a pain. As well as the callstack print, I like my console to be neat and tidy but unfortunately it prints from the server. Hope it gets some QOL changes!

Would it be possible to integrate Lua Learning’s autocomplete features (iirc that it had some that is) into this?

Lua Learning’s code is proprietary (for valid reasons) and understandably, boatbomber did not want their IDE source code to appear in its entirety as part of the plugin source code.

Too many people unpack plugins, even ones which aren’t open source, because its far too simple to do so. Code from my own plugins has ended up distributed very widely without my permission ever having been granted from it. Legally speaking, it’s rampant IP theft, but there’s very little you can practically do about it. Therefore I can’t blame them for not wanting to include it.

If InCommand is ever to receive more features, they’ll have to be developed from scratch.

3 Likes

That makes perfect sense! Thank for for spending the time to explain it to me! IP theft on Roblox is pretty crazy…

2 Likes

Would it be possible to include the recent addition of string interpolation to the syntax highlighter?

There is a feature request that relates to the current issue you are experiencing with this plugin, about this requiring an asset ID in the output. Feel free to support it!

I have run into this bug while using InCommand, it makes writting code difficult as the character is replicated slightly to the right

i believe this is using boatbombers rich text thing. i got around it by modifying the original module.