InCommand - versatile, adaptable command execution

I’m new to doing voice overs for things - my British accent probably contributes to that ‘informational video’ feel :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ah. Also is there ever going to be a price drop?

2 Likes

No. We’re aware of the interest but we’re already operating on really slim margins. DevEx rates are super low.

2 Likes

Oh alright. I’ll still buy it later on though.

2 Likes

Thanks for understanding. Whenever you do decide to get it, hope it helps you! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I already know that it will, I always try to transfer scripts because I make UI’s and script them on separate games then I implement them. Plus I reuse most scripts but it always has to go game to game and stuff like that, this would 100% help me out with that issue because I would just be able to save them then get them off of the plugin.An example being the UI I’m working on right now, then scripting it after (which will require the casual game to game copy scripts)

I like your design and work you have put into this. Good work.

2 Likes

Just got InCommand! Time to start using it! :smiley:

3 Likes

If you pop out the script menu it does lag around a bit, if you didn’t know that. Might just be me

2 Likes

Interesting, I can’t reproduce - can you send a video of it happening?

2 Likes

I’ll record it in a second I have to quickly grab something,

Incredible! I started using this plugin today and I already love it.

Could I perhaps make a feature request?

Would you be able to implement an import button? This would allow me to import the source of a selected script in the explorer and run it/make changes without affecting the original script.

My use case for this is to run the TestEZ bootstrapper for my project (synced in from VSCode using Rojo) without having to run the game or run the script via the command bar.

3 Likes

Added to our Trello, great idea!

6 Likes

The latest Studio update (454) broke InCommand. It no longer opens and it emits this error into the output everytime it loads. (like when you start a play solo test or load a place)

ScriptPreprocessor is not a valid member of "Enum.StudioStyleGuideColor"
  Stack Begin
  Script 'cloud_4987562465.InCommand.UIManager.EditorUI.IDE_Stripped', Line 49 - function new
  Script 'cloud_4987562465.InCommand.UIManager.EditorUI', Line 28 - function init
  Script 'cloud_4987562465.InCommand.UIManager', Line 90 - function init
  Script 'cloud_4987562465.InCommand.Main', Line 18
  Stack End
3 Likes

API changes broke some stuff. :frowning:

@Elttob and I will take care of this shortly, thank you!

6 Likes

We just fixed this with an update - make sure to update your InCommand asap :slightly_smiling_face:

Also in the latest update is a tiny quality of life feature; if you have unsaved changes and accidentally hit the Clear button, you’ll get a confirmation dialog instead of losing all those precious lines of code!

The update should be out by the time I post this - you’ll get a small banner telling you to update next time you open Studio. Have fun :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Thanks, installing the update now.

Problem is, you can’t see the banner while on the broken version because you can’t even open the plugin. =(

2 Likes

Hey, all of my saved scripts were recently cleared out of nowhere.

I don’t see any errors in the output when loading studio, and any new scripts I save work as intended. Is there any way I can attempt to recover all my old scripts? I had around 10-20 saved, and I’d hate to lose them all like this.

1 Like
  08:16:04.747  cloud_2867765019.Reclass.PluginUpdates:41: invalid argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
  08:16:04.747  Stack Begin
  08:16:04.747  Script 'cloud_2867765019.Reclass.PluginUpdates', Line 41 - function getLatestVersion
  08:16:04.747  Script 'cloud_2867765019.Reclass.Main', Line 31
  08:16:04.748  Stack End
  08:16:24.767  cloud_4987562465.InCommand.PluginUpdates:41: invalid argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
  08:16:24.767  Stack Begin
  08:16:24.767  Script 'cloud_4987562465.InCommand.PluginUpdates', Line 41 - function getLatestVersion
  08:16:24.768  Script 'cloud_4987562465.InCommand.Main', Line 22
  08:16:24.768  Stack End

I keep getting this error from both Reclass and InCommand. Not sure where to post this since it applies to both plugins, but since this is where I reported a bug last time I’ll just post it here.

4 Likes