Increase Range Limit of Lights

it works okay for me though. What are the weird things that happen?

1 Like

you could see the where the lightgrid degrades at easily, it looks like a square almost, I don’t have an example though

2 Likes

do you have attenuation on? it messes up the lighting

1 Like

I might’ve, not on my PC right now, I’ll check later

2 Likes

how did you increased light range to 240, im really need to know

1 Like

You should be able to enable this FFlag

1 Like

where i can enable FFlag? Really interesting to know, and what is FFlag is even mean?

2 Likes

Fast flags can be modified in studio with the Roblox Studio Mod Manager. FFlags are toggles that allow Roblox staff to enable and disable features remotely without needing users to update their game. There’s different types of flags too, some can be numbers. Usually it’s just a toggle though.

1 Like

Here is the link to download Roblox Studio Mod Manager. Keep in mind that it’s unofficial and not managed by Roblox.

2 Likes

The least they could do is increase light range just for future lighting. Allow the range to be over 60 but only render past 60 if using future lighting. Sounds simple enough to me, but I know nothing about the engine so who knows how many can of worms need opening to get this done.

6 Likes

they showed that new voxel lighting method for low-end devices at RDC, perhaps this could replace the old one and allow beyond 60

5 Likes

Someone made a petition about it on Change!

Since Roblox doesn’t like offsite links, i can’t directly put it here, but it exists. If we really want Roblox to listen, perhaps that could be AN WAY? Not sure since big companies rarely listen to their communities but it’s worth a shot ig

7 Likes

bump,7 long years since this post was created and all we got was a few messages from the staff about how they were looking into it.

5 Likes

Another bump, Roblox has so many desperately needed change but this is definitely one the top one.

3 Likes

The implementation of this change would help me create lights that look more realistic and allow the player to see farther in night situations without wasting time creating and interacting with multiple spotlight instances.

7 Likes

Please please PLEASE!!

Maximum range of 60 with a surfacelight. CAN’T SEE ANYTHING!

7 Likes

I definitely agree with this - 60 studs is tiny!

7 Likes

Dissapointingly, increasing light range was not on the roadmap. It could be part of a different update. But currently, it looks like there is no news of light range increasing anytime soon. :frowning: Creator Roadmap: Spring 2024 Edition

2 Likes

Roblox Reallly needs to unclamp the range completley

I HAD TO USE A POINT LIGHT THE MOST DESPRESSING LOOKING LIGHT that was the only way to overcome the limit for my case (roblos plsssss) :sob:

4 Likes

Ive been waiting for this for so long. I feel like future lighting goes unused in a lot of roblox games still. One day i hope to actually see most games use future lighting because i hesvily like it more in comparison to the others. But i dont think people would be willing to use it much with such small range.

6 Likes