InGame Voice Chat

[quote] Ok, this can be possible. How? You choose who you want to talk with. Create a channel ingame and leader could invite people in to the channel. They would have a chat and ability to talk. Like teamspeak3.

Team channel would be good too…

There could also be a global channel, but since I think no one would use it, there is no need for that. [/quote]

Say a troll invites someone (and there are many) and they start blatantly abusing the person. It would be very difficult to moderate.

2 Likes

I want VoiceChat as much as I don’t want it.

I wouldn’t talk either way.

Too shy.

Q_Q

3 Likes

[quote] I want VoiceChat as much as I don’t want it.

I wouldn’t talk either way.

Too shy.

Q_Q [/quote]

(in an Irish accent) Aye lad, why not? Grow a pair and show 'em your Irish blood!

2 Likes

[quote] Ok, this can be possible. How? You choose who you want to talk with. Create a channel ingame and leader could invite people in to the channel. They would have a chat and ability to talk. Like teamspeak3.

Team channel would be good too…

There could also be a global channel, but since I think no one would use it, there is no need for that. [/quote]

Say a troll invites someone (and there are many) and they start blatantly abusing the person. It would be very difficult to moderate.[/quote]

You accept the invite or not. That’s why it’s called “invite”…

1 Like

You could make your own sounds, and have a sort of GUI, it’d basically be like the old Roblox safe chat but just with voices. But you’d be spending a lot of R$, and it’d suck if you’re a poor developer like me.

1 Like

cough chatvoice cough plague cough.

All of this ‘discussion’ lead me to this conclusion: Why doesn’t ROBLOX have a TeamSpeak server?!?!

That would be really cool. I could see it occurring if they use a ‘recruitment’ system like some of the TS servers I am on for League of Legends. Basically have some trustworthy community members are ‘recruiters’ who

i slapped myself with a fish when i saw i typed that, and im leaving it as a friendly reminder to not forum at 2:30 AM

would go to people who are new to the TS server and interview them to see if they are potentially super annoying/troll/too young and accept those who aren’t. Popular games could have their own channel, there could be dev channels, admins could have Q&A channels to use now and again, feedback channels, testing channels, gametest channels, sitetest channels, general game channels, etc. A cool thing I see a lot is temporary rooms. One section (usually the bottom) of the server will allow people to create a temporary channel to use with friends.

I think it’d be neato and I would spend millions of hours in it the first day it is up.

1 Like

I personally think that it would be a really bad idea…

The chat would be spammed, full of explicit language and really annoyingly loud.

Just use things such as skype to speak to friends on Roblox

3 Likes

Yesterday night, actually just 10 hours ago, we had a council meeting on TS3. We were 10 people or so, and it turned out pretty damn well. People aren’t as bad as you think it is. In Battlefield games you can team chat, but I’ve never seen a kid shouting at my face.

I would have a lot of fun with this both as a developer and a player.

Honestly the volume control feature would be a really neat gameplay gimmick. I had many uses for it

As much as I really want this, the answer to whether it will happen is:

Nope NOPE NOPE nope Nope[sup]nope[sup]NOPE[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope… actually, maybe when pigs fly[/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup]

[quote] As much as I really want this, the answer to whether it will happen is:

Nope NOPE NOPE nope Nope[sup]nope[sup]NOPE[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope… actually, maybe when pigs fly[/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup] [/quote]

Why do you always have to shoot down everything and be a buzzkill

But why won’t it ever happen?

1 Like

[quote] As much as I really want this, the answer to whether it will happen is:

Nope NOPE NOPE nope Nope[sup]nope[sup]NOPE[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope[sup]nope… actually, maybe when pigs fly[/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup][/sup] [/quote]

Why do you always have to shoot down everything and be a buzzkill[/quote]

Candid replies = Buzzkill -anon80475429, Volcano, Aur

[quote] [quote=“Stravant” post=60840]As much as I really want this, the answer to whether it will happen is:

Candid replies = Buzzkill -anon80475429, Volcano, Aur[/quote]

I’d like to know what makes you think that. I put a lot of thought into my posts to make them as valuable as possible for everyone, and I don’t intend to be a buzzkill. I’m sure the same goes for the other two. If I can improve the quality of my posts then I’m more than happy to do so, but I need a little more information in order to do so.

I’m happy to talk to you about this outside of these forums. You have me on Skype, I’ll be awaiting your messages. :slight_smile:

Why it won’t happen is that it absolutely does not fit into the moderation process that we use right now, there would simply be no good way to quickly moderate it. That said there would have to be some drastic change such as grouping players who opt into it or something like that together in what games they get to play.

Basically, it wouldn’t just be an addition, it would take a total rearrangement of the system in order to fit it in, and for not much benefit to most of the player base who wouldn’t be able to use it due to being under 13.

1 Like

[quote] [quote=“Aurarus” post=60957][quote=“Stravant” post=60840]As much as I really want this, the answer to whether it will happen is:

I’d like to know what makes you think that. I put a lot of thought into my posts to make them as valuable as possible for everyone, and I don’t intend to be a buzzkill. I’m sure the same goes for the other two. If I can improve the quality of my posts then I’m more than happy to do so, but I need a little more information in order to do so.

I’m happy to talk to you about this outside of these forums. You have me on Skype, I’ll be awaiting your messages. :)[/quote]

I just viewed that as kind of a rude and snobbish way to reply to an employee’s clear point of “No.”

1 Like

[quote] [quote=“Havemeat” post=61026][quote=“Aurarus” post=60957][quote=“Stravant” post=60840]As much as I really want this, the answer to whether it will happen is:

I’m happy to talk to you about this outside of these forums. You have me on Skype, I’ll be awaiting your messages. :)[/quote]

I just viewed that as kind of a rude and snobbish way to reply to an employee’s clear point of “No.”[/quote]

Don’t over-think stuff.

Was that referring to my post or his, ripull?