InGame Voice Chat

I think the issue is that Roblox feels like they have to moderate everything that comes in, which in my point of view is a tad ridiculous.

I know Roblox has some agreement with a TrustE seal, but I still feel like they are sacrificing gameplay and quality for some super totalitarian moderation system.

Roblox will never grow into a place for mature and older players if it’s treated like Disney.com. If more moderation was put in the hands of the players and more server control for each individual person’s place, this may change.

I understand that’s just how Roblox likes to do things, but I do not agree with it.

1 Like

[quote] I think the issue is that Roblox feels like they have to moderate everything that comes in, which in my point of view is a tad ridiculous.

I know Roblox has some agreement with a TrustE seal, but I still feel like they are sacrificing gameplay and quality for some super totalitarian moderation system.

Roblox will never grow into a place for mature and older players if it’s treated like Disney.com. If more moderation was put in the hands of the players and more server control for each individual person’s place, this may change.

I understand that’s just how Roblox likes to do things, but I do not agree with it. [/quote]

-Audio, animations and badges cost money to upload.
-This is due to having to moderate these things.
-This hinders creativity in new-comer devs.
-ROBLOX has to address this someday, the current system is ridiculous.

[quote] I think the issue is that Roblox feels like they have to moderate everything that comes in, which in my point of view is a tad ridiculous.

I understand that’s just how Roblox likes to do things, but I do not agree with it. [/quote]

This is exactly what I wanted to say.

Yes, the CURRENT age majority may be under 13, but in the longterm if voicechat was implemented, it could bump it up a lot.

Moderation- come on. So many other games allow swearing and cursing, but no one does it. You only see rare cases of people raging or using it casually, but it’s never been a problem to the point where everyone was affected by it.

Even with quick mute buttons (Like the way we can report players by going in menu or clicking on leaderboard) we can deal with issues ourselves.

It’d be a massive workload and massive shift, but it’d most certainly pay off.

1 Like

“It’d be a massive workload and massive shift, but it’d most certainly pay off[sup][Citation Needed][/sup].”

1 Like

Can’t you see what it does for games?!!?

It plays a HUGE role in games like Gmod, and for christ’s sake almost ALL popular Roblox games are essentially in that same vein of playstyle.

We already have roleplays, quick round based games, community driven games; voice chat would do nothing but good for a ton of games, and the games where it’s not needed could just have it turned off.

Not everyone has to chat off the bat either.

Why can’t people pound through their head that it would be way too hard to moderate? A lot of people don’t even bother reporting, and if they start that’d be an enormous workload. That would mean they have to hire more mods, and pay them.

so im thinking we all make a bame called ben goes to the farm.

post ideas below.

1 Like

Yep, I see your point. I still think it will cause a lot of unneeded stress and trouble. It would probably outweigh the benefits of it. Plus, it’s not going to happen as stravant said, so stick to skype chats, twitch, etc :slight_smile:

I want to hear children cry while I spawn kill them relentlessly.

I think voice chat would make ROBLOX better, and I like how someone said about givin is the tools to moderate it ourselves.

Too right bro, just mute incoming and outgoing sound on all under 13s by default though.

3 Likes

To be honest, It would be fun and I would seriously enjoy it. Roblox has been missing the real time reactions for along time.
Like in Trouble in Terrorist town where even the slightest moment counts.

3 Likes

I can relate to this.

6 Likes