Input began not firing whilst holding down LeftShift key

If you hold down the LeftShift key & press any other key after, the input began event will not fire for that key. Does not occur on a default Roblox baseplate - check Reproduction Files.

System Information:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core @ 3.70 GHz
  • GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070
  • RAM: 32.0 GB

The Studio build I am running is version 0.642.0.6420636. This issue does not occur on the Roblox Client at the time of this post & is only exclusive to Studio. This problem only began to occur today (9/17/2024).

Reproduction Files:
I did not experience this problem on an unedited, fresh baseplate & have only experienced this on my game. I have uploaded a file of my game stripped down to only service properties being edited as that is the only way I have found this to be reproduced, with a local script that documents this with some prints. I am unsure of which properties in specific cause this strange behavior.

LeftShiftBugRepro.rbxl (53.2 KB)

Expected behavior

Input began should be firing even while holding down the LeftShift key.

1 Like

I am also having this issue. Only applies to a specific place, which leads me to believe that it’s something I accidently changed in that place alone.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it has to do with StarterPlayer or Workspace properties, but that’s just what I’m guessing. It definitely has to do with some service properties being edited.

We couldn’t reproduce this issue in your place file either:

1 Like

I’ve launched Studio without plugins & I am still getting this issue. Maybe some of my Studio settings could be the cause? I have also noticed that this issue now occurs for me on an unedited baseplate now (unless I had just not noticed this before).

I have tested this on my MacBook & I am still experiencing this problem. No Studio settings changed or plugins installed.

System Information:
CPU: Quad-Core Intel Core i5 @ 2.4GHz
GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
RAM: 8.0 GB

Studio build is version 0.642.0.6420636.

I don’t know if this helps a lot, but I guess it’s probably good to know that this is happening on other devices & not exclusive to my machine.
Please let me know if you need anymore information (and what it is) so you can reproduce, because I really don’t know what else I can give.

Which keys in particular are you interested in?

Shift+X and Shift+C now have default keybindings in Studio to toggle the snapping boxes in the ribbon, and thus consume those keypresses.

I’m going to get a fix in to ignore these during testing gameplay since they’re somewhat common gameplay keys. In the meantime you can use the File → Advanced → Customize Shortcuts menu to unbind those shortcuts.

6 Likes

You’re right, I was interested in Shift + X or C. I guess I just forgot to check all the other keys (my game has functionality that involves pressing down those keys while holding shift lol). Thanks!

I’ve been debugging for the past 2 hours trying to figure out why, just to get told that it wasn’t my script but Roblox Studio. I’m going to start tweaking

1 Like