Introducing Announcements for Roblox Groups

I have! It appeared like this:
Simply appeared in the notification tab on Roblox. Didn’t appear on Guilded or anywhere else.
(Yes I turned on notifications for my own announcements, wanted to see how it looked myself!)

3 Likes

I’m very happy to see this. I assume it might’ve been disable last night because I just tested it again myself and received the notification! Both a normal & push notification, awesome!

1 Like

Neither platform should be used. Roblox should have its own implementations of things, especially such simple things as text and images, rather than forcing users to use a separate service which has its own issues and terms of service etc and so on. Forcing people to rely on multiple systems only means more point of failure, it makes managing a community much more difficult than it should be.

6 Likes

For roblox groups, when is the feature for direct deposit into group a thing?

2 Likes

Looks Awsome to me. People can post anything on Group Announcements with Updates, Memes and etc. On one single group Or even Members inside of Guilded can see this. Sounds good to me, I alright with that one. Great Update!

Even if Discord is 18+ and Guilded is 13+ According to the Play Store App.
I would recommend Guilded for others that has Under Aged Users as Members that can not Use Discord, if that is the case.

2 Likes

After playing around with this feature for a bit, I must say that I’m pretty disappointed with the outcome. Don’t get me wrong, this is an amazing and very significant feature, but I feel like it was released before it was ready.

• I’ve already touched on the point of forcing us to use your platform, rather than Discord which is used by 99% of the community, so I won’t go further on this one.
  • Can we get some clarification on how often notifications will be sent out?
  • Posts which get stuck in queue can be annoying. Sometimes these posts display that they are stuck in Moderation and they should be reposted, but othertimes you might just wait up to 5 minutes and nothing ever happens.

My biggest disappointment from this is that the formatting from Guilded isn’t carried over very well or almost at all. Bold, headings, links, spoilers…nothing works. I feel that this point also increases the annoyance from us being forced to use Guilded as well.

The first image shows the announcement in Guilded, while the second shows what it looks like on Roblox.

Like I said, I think this is a game changing feature. It’s just a bit displeasing that this feature could be much nicer, but it was released at its current state.

Are there plans to allow any of the formatting to carry over to Roblox?

4 Likes

I’ve been tinkering around with this, and I think it looks really cool. Was going to do more, BUT Roblox went down :disappointed:

1 Like

I can’t upload anything to Roblox without getting banned for a day…lol…The fitlers are crazy…lol…Who knows how to connect this to discord?

1 Like

I wish. Maybe there is a way to send messages to discord, which uses like a system or smth to post on guided, but you can’t see bot’s posts.

You technically might get forced a bit

I know one thing about this. They will review the posts according to some devforum users images of them having their announcements reviewed by Roblox

And it’s only useful update was this year. Enjoy reading my private messages to others by the context!

A new group button is added to mobile there. The connect page is no more!

I’m not sure. But I’m pretty certain links will be moderated so you obviously can’t link a discord servers announcement to your guilds announcment for your Roblox group

1 Like

If you say so…This seems like a good place to start…I don’t do anything with groups but the knowledge is worth having.
Outgoing Webhooks – Guilded

I wont download Guilded. Stop.

I am having this issue too. If i post more than one image, only one of them shows up on Roblox. If I make a poll or multiple choice question, it shows up on Roblox as [form].

Unrelated Question: Will there be plans to allow Roblox users to see a list of all of the past announcements without needing to join the Guilded server? I made mine private because I only made it to use this feature.

1 Like

Im pretty sure you can make a bot in Discord to link announcements to Guilded with a bot

It’s abundantly clear what people mean when they say they’re forced to use Guilded. Sure, you’re not, but if you want to take advantage of this massive improvement over the shout system, you are.

From a user’s perspective, it’s unreasonable to lock such an improvement behind a third-party integration; they’d much rather have it fully integrated into Roblox.

7 Likes

Would it be violating anything if I just wanted to use my Guilded server to redirect to Discord?

Also, can we have an option to hide this:

5 Likes

Respectfully to Roblox, and Guilded, although I had started on Guilded.gg back in 2018 and have a server for my group, I will never, NEVER, link Guilded in the short term, if not in the long term until I am comfortable in knowing that the security vunerabilities Guilded has are fully dealt with, known and unknown.

It’s really good Roblox is trying to allow us more options to delving with our community, but it’s been 2 years Roblox has owned Guilded, and we have videos of certain acts being able to be done within the past three months, it does not give me the comfort and ease of mind of moving my friends over from Discord to Guilded.

Please continue exploring ways to engage our playerbase into connecting with us developers nevertheless. Like Roblox and Discord’s upcoming profile connections, is Discord to Roblox announcement features also on the backburner? The fact we have replicancy of Guilded announcements over Roblox groups could also bring that feature given Roblox and Discord have teams working to connect both platforms. I wonder if an option to have either Guilded or Discord announcements would be a choice in that scenario.

6 Likes

Now that is my idea of using it. They look really awesome, you can display like GFXes or just regular group logos and such and I can imagine this can improve how people see groups and make them learn more about the group through annoncements! This is what I’m most excited and concerned about!

1 Like

Just partner with Discord atp :sob: I’m sorry but nobody is using Guilded.

3 Likes

Hey I created a guilded community so I can no longer reproduce the bug. All you have to do is to open the store page, then switch to experiences, and it’ll add an extra pop up. I did it on the website page. Not in an app.

2 Likes