Introducing Announcements for Roblox Groups

horrific feature, whens it being deleted? :relaxed:

2 Likes

So what dose it do just asking i am disable person this words i don’t understand them what they saying

1 Like

Discord literally is desperate for money and makes like nearly every feature exclusive to nitro.
In a few years once Guilded gets some slight improvements it will definitely be considered a lot more.

3 Likes

Guilded already has more features than discord for communication like around eight or so channel types like a checklist or dedicated media uploading.

It makes stuff more confusing, but there’s groups inside of the server itself. Basically like a larger category to hold the categories.

2 Likes

Could events.roblox.com links also work? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I honestly think this update is amazing for group/community managers to post more in depth announcements, but I feel like forcing you to have your guilded server public is not amazing since my communities will primarily be using other platforms due to security concerns on guilded. I want to be able to use this feature without needing a public guilded server.

3 Likes

Guilded has had several security breaches that concern me and my community which is the primary reason why me and my communities will not be using guilded. This update is good but forcing users to not only have a guilded server, but to make it public is not a good move. I just want to be able to make these kinds of announcements without being forced to use guilded.

4 Likes

Not all that familiar with guilded and probably will never be thanks to my years of Discord muscle memory but it’s worth setting up a private server at least to post these new shouts

3 Likes

My Opinion View Of Update:
Its a amazing update but you could try to include something like emojis to show if the players like it or not or a smiley face also it could be used as a poll since you could do something like:
:grinning:= Yes
:pensive:= No
That’s a first suggestion. Next one is:
When you add a link on Gulided and when its sent to ROBLOX. The link could be accessed if its on ROBLOX or Discord or social media rather then just websites you could just make the links clickable for social media and ROBLOX Links.
Next suggestion is that you could try adding comments like when you posted a Annoucement on Gulided and on ROBLOX you could have a button saying Comments and you tap on it and see people thoughts or reactions on the Annoucements like the group wall if you cant chat in it.

3 Likes

Yeah I know, but people dont accept Guilded because they think it’s a Discord copy.

Which makes zero sense because that’s like saying Discord copied TeamSpeak, TeamSpeak copied Skype, Skype copied MSN, and so on.

5 Likes

I made the server “Private” using the server settings, but people are still able to join. The Audit says I created 2 invites when I never did. I think the “Join” button on the Roblox Group automatically creates invites.

I would prefer it if we were able to remove both of these buttons that allow players to join the server, and have players be able to see the list of all announcements through the Roblox group.

5 Likes

Yeah two buttons right next to each other do seem a little too convenient and just looks too cluttered. I agree, but I think there should be a new group setting that controls that, or in the new guilded tab, which I assume will be added to later on, rather then just including yet another link to Guilded.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback here! We do plan to support rich text formatting.

We’ll look into some of the inconsistencies that show up after posting…

8 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. We’re looking into pulling announcement history into Groups, but I don’t have an ETA for you.

6 Likes

Every issue cited in the video you’re referring to was resolved by the Guilded team within 48 hours of becoming aware of them, we personally reached out to everyone who first reported these issues, and compensated each of them for their diligent effort. We addressed this to the Guilded community here. As mentioned by the author in your screenshot, this also resulted in changes to ensure that no hackerone ticket would be closed without our team’s knowledge.

This is a topic that is extremely important to us, so if you suspect there is any vulnerability on the product, we strongly encourage you or anyone else to report them immediately via hackerone here.

8 Likes

I made a guilded server but only with 3 roles and 1 channel lol

2 Likes

Are the images filtered? Feels like this could be a way to bypass filtering if not.

2 Likes

Yep, images go through Roblox’s content filters to ensure they’re appropriate for an all-ages audience. You’ll receive an alert on Guilded if your post does not meet Roblox’s content standards.

3 Likes

Hi, how do I remove this feature from my group? I deleted both the Guilded server and my Guilded account, but I still can’t post a group shout.

Edit: I found it.

2 Likes

let us be able to send an video
:pray:

3 Likes