Introducing Announcements for Roblox Groups

To build out to this feature, maybe we could have an open cloud endpoint for announcements and shouts? This would help us out, so we’re not stuck with using Guilded and we could use other platforms like Discord.

1 Like

rethinking twice they wont allow to send videos* because of ppl being able to bypass

1 Like

With Discord bringing ads in the next weeks as they reported they will, people might start looking for alternatives.

3 Likes

Rather fitting that this was posted on April 1st.

Announcements on their own would’ve been a nice feature but as others have said, the requirement to use Guilded is clearly a last-ditch attempt by corporate management to promote a failing product that a LOT of money has been flushed down the drain on. I therefore cannot see myself using this feature any time soon as there is simply no reasonable justification for me to use Guilded over Discord.

Anyone remember when YouTube tried requiring the use of Google+ for comments? Now we are there again.

Can’t wait for the inevitable removal of classic group shouts when the Guilded registration numbers remain minimal! (Because let’s be honest - this is Roblox Corporation and they absolutely WILL do this)

6 Likes

This updated lowkey sucks - You can barely post anything without it being filtered and tagged, even though it obviously isn’t breaking any rules lol…

5 Likes

This should be built into the main website. There’s no need for this to be through Guilded. Nobody is switching from discord to guilded.

4 Likes

I have an issue. I made an announcement yesterday, but today it is gone. I don’t have any messages on Roblox or Guilded saying that it had been moderated.

2 Likes

I have a question. What does this button do on an announcement?

Does it take me to guilded to like an announcment? If so. I’m still not gonna try guilded

1 Like

It just makes the like count go up, that’s all, doesn’t redirect you to guilded

3 Likes

It’s probably only using Guilded because its easier to use the Guilded announcement backend instead of creating a brand new one.

I setup a Guilded community for this. I haven’t switched to Guilded, I just treat it as one extra platform to post my announcements on.

Wasn’t the entire reason Roblox purchased Guilded was to integrate features from Guilded into the Roblox website? (eg. Voice Chatting)

Again I’m just guessing the engineers behind this (like most programmers) decided to reuse a backend they have so they can push out this quicker.

On another note, I do think that these should replace group shouts, but not before users can create these shouts directly via the Roblox website without creating a Guilded server. (maybe they could create some sort of “ghost” Guilded community when a group is created for announcements and use of other backend frameworks that Guilded provides)

also did you know you can turn Guilded announcement channels into mini blogs hosted on the guilded website?
Guilded - Chat for Gaming Communities

4 Likes

Correct on all accounts and we will not remove Group Shouts while Announcements requires setting up a new Guilded server.

5 Likes

This would have been better if a group owner could choose which platform to link the announcements to, as most of us use Discord and not Guilded.

1 Like

hey thats me in the reply hiiiii

1 Like

This is very refreshing to hear. Just to confirm, this means that the announcements feature will eventually replace group shouts and be fully built into the Roblox group page?

1 Like

Very nice update. I must say that the group shout is now bulky and takes up more space though, I don’t see the point of having a thumbs up, with no thumbs down. I can’t tell if people enjoy it or not.

2 Likes

It sucks I have a fix to get it working from

But it sucks first it makes a new acc trough I already have one and connected to Roblox

Then if I make a annoucement it moderate only the first word already

And it removes the group shout I have now the test massage instead of my shout

2 Likes

You lost me at this. What a waste. I was hoping group shouts would be made to appear in the notifications box like game updates, or some other separate cool feature, like simply improved Shouts.

But instead it’s basically just sponsored Guilded content…

This is very silly. I’m not going to even lie. I try to be nice, but unless this is released as something users can publish announcements for without guilded as well (Which there is NO REASON FOR IT NOT TO BE), I am not going to be using it.

Guilded is not my interest. Roblox is.

Refusing to improve group shouts in any way just for this guilded content is annoying and childish development, IMO.

2 Likes

I think if the implication here is that eventually Announcements will be accessible via roblox and not require a Guilded server, that should be more clearly defined in the original post, as even this wording makes it extremely vague.

Gasp, it’s almost like roblox should improve it’s moderation before rolling out more features that rely on it’s extremely poor moderation. What’s the point of using Guilded specifically if it’s so foreign to roblox it gets extra censored? The integration clearly isn’t there.

Ironically, you can access such features by… Using a Guilded server… Though, it’s not a direct part of groups like you’re suggesting. Would be nice to see, but I feel it’s unnecessary when we already have options like Discord and Guilded.

1 Like

This was incredibly frustrating to post due to all the moderation issues; we’re going to need significantly better error messages to explain what’s going on. :<