Introducing Announcements for Roblox Groups

As a software Engineer in my personal opinion is that the idea of creating a unified system with Roblox and Guilded its gonna be pretty good and amazing.

However that being said as I have tried guilded I think it’s really great, has a lot of potential. But for years now you guys have been trying to push it towards more end users and I get it needs funding to keep going on forwards.

Guilded currently feels like an Alpha version at the moment, I think in terms of features it’s totally fine but it needs a lot more polishing and such before pushing it to end users.

People usually don’t return easily in an app if they get a bad experience. I am not sure exactly if you are part of the developing team in guilded but I wish you and your team the best going onwards forging guilded

The pain point here for me at least is not needing to use guilded, but that you need to have it be a public server linked to the group. I do not want to move my entire community server to guilded. Allowing us to use unlinked private servers simply to post these announcements would’ve been a much easier approach for a lot of people.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding, as always I really appreciate it.

Since Roblox acquired Guided it makes sense to use Guilded’s existing feature-set and infrastructure. Groups have been outdated for a while now and I think Guilded’s features can definitely help fix that. As you mention I think the biggest thing to think about moving forward is how to make it as streamlined as possible so that groups do not not feel segmented between two different platforms and technologies (Guilded and Roblox’s old group implementation).

Looking forward to the future of groups and excited to see what you guys do!

5 Likes

I don’t like that this is locked into Guilded. I’d prefer a normal announcements feature with webhooks support, so I could integrate with Guilded or Discord.

Just offer an official Guilded integration and let the developers choose.

4 Likes

I love this optional feature, however, only slight complaint I hold is not being able to preview what the announcement will look like on Roblox.

The formatting is unclear in how it changes between Guilded and Roblox, and troubleshooting the message 3-4 times to get it right is not an enjoyable process.

I would love for there to be a preview system similar to how we have one here on the DevForums.

3 Likes

is the roblox integration missing for anyone else on guilded?

1 Like

Thanks to this update to the groups, it is easier to publish ads for everyone without the need for a limit as seen before Only,But it would be great if Emojis that you have in your community could also appear when you add one.

1 Like

Agree. Plus. Not much people would have guilded and :robux_light: 100 for a group so announcements wouldn’t really work that easy

I mean. It’s a realistic way to write Builderman with capital letters now

Good. Oompa Loompa pride for my shouts that I closed from my members

1 Like

Disappointed this can’t be handled on the web. This makes my job harder if I need to connect and post from multiple sources to use features on the main site. Love the attention groups are being given otherwise.

12 Likes

its “builderman” not “BuilderMan”

2 Likes

Here’s another thing I want for groups. When I try to make payouts to myself

I don’t think it would be a hacker trying to take funds out of my group. So please disable this 2SV option for group payouts because my email no longer gets emails

1 Like

We would want to capitalise a lot of words you know. So it’s not really a spelling mistake

1 Like

I found a bug! If you click on store then games, you can have extra pop ups lol

2 Likes

If you already have a Discord server, I recommend creating a Guilded server solely for the purpose of utilizing the new announcements. You don’t need to migrate your entire community from Discord to Guilded. But yeah, it’s inconvenient that we have to use Guilded for this, and it would be much easier if it were integrated into Roblox or even Discord in the future.

I think it’s fair to say that I’d much rather this feature be part of Roblox entirely. I’m aware Guilded is owned by Roblox, but I feel announcements are considerably less intuitive with the Guilded requirement than not.

1 Like

This feels more like that you’re forcing us to download more than 3 applications, as in Roblox and Roblox Studio was not enough. How about add Guilded to the partial Roblox installation since you really want to enforce users to use an application meant for communication.

2 Likes

Can you add a feature to synchronize the ranks between Roblox and Guilded? Would be nice to get them automatically, so if someone has the meteorite rank, I can see him in both roblox and guilded!

And it would be nice to have the option to hide “Join the guilded community” and read the other announcements it takes too much place for people who can’t have guilded .

10 Likes

The one thing that is preventing me from using Guilded along with Discord is this:
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 3.55.53 PM

Considering that Roblox and Roblox Studio were the second to last apps that I used every that that still required Rosetta, I don’t think I want to go back to using intel apps again because all my apps are 100% native to Apple Silicon.

Are there any news on a Universal/Apple Silicon version of Guilded?

Anyways, I hope groups become even more interactive in the future! Besides in-game rewards, there’s really no need to join one. Perhaps notifications and maybe more Guilded integration for our users?

3 Likes

Cool, I’ll continue using discord for my group and posting detailed announcements in there without having to worry about an overzealous filter, whilst also utilising group shouts. :grin:

Not installing a babied down instant messaging app when I already use the one that has already cemented its place in the instant messaging world.

5 Likes

Guilded announcements are not filtered, only website announcements are. This just translates your post on Guilded to your group on Roblox. It’s effectively a convenience feature.

3 Likes