Introducing Announcements for Roblox Groups

Bro what no. :sob:
I will never leave my Discord servers and stuff just for another rip-off.

Also why Guilded…

6 Likes

Awesome! Something I always wished we had, what a great up-oh it’s Guilded. Damn it.

4 Likes

Use the Guilded acquisition to make community features better? Yes, please.
Require Guilded to use these new features? Extremely disappointing.

The Roblox community on Discord is tens of millions of users across thousands of servers. We have no reason or incentive whatsoever to port our existing communities over to a new service.

Better group features should not be locked behind Guilded.

April fools…?

8 Likes

These top-tier features should absolutely not be locked behind having to use Guilded.
Discord is hundreds of times more popular. Nothing you add to this platform or to Guilded will change that. The main reason top developers even use Guilded is to communicate with Roblox within their invite-only servers.

You should cater to both Discord and Guilded. But you won’t.

4 Likes

awesome update, I have been thinking of switching to Guilded for awhile and this might be the final push.

1 Like

Improving group connectivity with rich content through Guilded integration sounds amazing. It’s great that we can enjoy long messages, images, emojis and more, while maintaining safety for all ages. It will be amazing to try it!:star_struck:

1 Like

has always had

You’ve not been around long enough. Discord is standing on the shoulders of giants. Many of my memories in gaming used xfire or Skype before I ever knew about Discord. Discord can, and should, receive competition to give gamers the best communication platform possible.

2 Likes

Do Roblox users need to have a Guilded account to interact with announcements? I have been wanting a feature like this for groups for a long time, but I am not particularly interested in making a Guilded community or requiring players to have a Guilded account to add reactions on posts or participate in votes.

Edit: I briefly tested it out. Will there an option to remove the ability for people join the Guilded server? I only want to use it to make announcements to post to the group.

Edit 2: Roblox players can add a “like” to announcements without a Guilded account! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is exactly what we need. Listen to this, please Roblox! If you’re gonna make this announcement system locked behind Guilded, at least allow this. I only want to use it for announcements, and that massive Join Guilded banner beneath the announcements section is an eyesore.

3 Likes

Overall, I like this update. Seems smooth(ish), even if it does have a couple bugs.
BUT…
As many have said before me,
why guilded?
I’m not a web developer or anything, but I’m fairly certain that a majority of these features could be integrated onto the Roblox site & application.

Not making any accusations here, but it does seem a little much to lock these features behind Guilded.

a site that just so happens to be owned by Roblox…

1 Like

because how else will they get people to use guilded?

1 Like

I don’t know. Maybe they should’ve reconsidered buying Guilded lol.

2 Likes

I’d be happy to use Guilded, if more than 0.01% of my audience used it. I feel like this is a poor way of pushing creators & developers to use Guilded and increasing your user base there.

There is no point for creators to use Guilded at this time because the user base is so small. If you were to use Guilded over Discord for your community, you’d see a massive drop-off.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to use Guilded and I would love to see it grow, but I don’t think this is the right way to go about it at all. This feels like you’re locking a useful feature behind Guilded. So I’m in no way motivated to use Guilded for a positive reason, I’m now only using it because you’re forcing me.

We should’ve been given the option to do this with Discord as well, where 99.999999% of everyone’s audience currently is.

2 Likes

Cant wait for this feature to be released!
“released” as in not requiring guilded
im counting anything requiring guilded as a beta test since nobody uses it

1 Like

Guilded is probably better than discord in a lot of regards but as a first time user it’s heavily confusing and has no better features going for it. It’s also very slow and hard to send messages.

1 Like

I have been testing out this new feature. It looks like you can only have one post visible on the group at a time. Will we be able to post multiple posts to the group wall in the future? It seems that you need a Guilded account to view all of the posts, and I would like anyone to be able to view them. Will we also be able to hide the option to join the Guilded server? I only made it to make the announcements and I don’t want to make it into a community server.

Edit: I created a poll within an announcement and selected the option to allow people to interact who are not members of the server, but on the Roblox group, it shows up as [form]. In the future, will we be able to make voting possible?

2 Likes

Hey, I get it too, Roblox. You want to get us to use Guilded, but I’d also make it so that normal Roblox users can post announcements without Guilded, or add it so you can make accounts from Discord too, where most developers from the Roblox community come from.

2 Likes

Please add an option to remove this. I’m fine with using guilded to post announcements, but I do not want to have this “join guilded community” section that wastes space. I’m just using the guilded server to make announcements, not for people to join or view in depth (because I have a discord server for that). There’s already a “view all guilded announcements” button which I’m fine with.

11 Likes

The flexibility to remove the “Join” banner while still using it is something we’re looking into. Thanks for the feedback!

8 Likes

Great update! Although I’m having trouble trying to connect my Guilded server to my group as well as experiences. Whenever I try to set up the connection Roblox thinks I don’t have a connected account even though I do. This is on my ‘zSBTechh’ account on Roblox.

1 Like