Introducing Camera Toggle

Shift lock moves your charactar position when you move your mouse, CameraToggle doesn’t.

10 Likes

the message at the top is under the game’s gui, im not sure if it is supposed to be like this, but i cant read the message because it is under other gui

2 Likes

This feature really helps with the the other gesture update. I can look where I want without having to walk in that direction. I still do think that there should be an option for gestures since I use a mouse on my desktop computer that detects gestures, and so whenever I want to scroll in and out, it just moves my view. It is very stressful playing games and I’m sure some other laptop users still want the old way. So please, make it an option. All camera features that are added should immediately have an option to toggle them.

4 Likes

On the default camera settings, you’re able to use your middle mouse button to move the camera around just like right-clicking, however when you enable this option the middle mouse button won’t let you do that as it does nothing.

I’m thinking, how about a way to combine the original camera movement option with the new camera toggle by incorporating it with the middle mouse button? If you click and drag your middle mouse button, it functions like regular camera movement but you still get to keep the toggle if you right click.

9 Likes

Building off of what I said earlier:

Is it possible that the developer will have the choice to disable this feature, much like with shift lock?

7 Likes

I’ve made a feature request involving the new placement of the UI that appears on the top of the screen. It would be much appreciated to move it to an already-existing notification feature that is currently used for friend requests etc.

10 Likes

That interface is beautiful. Seriously, the animations are a nice touch.

4 Likes

Wow, this is downright awesome! The state where CameraToggle is off used to get quite annoying since you can’t see the space in front of your character. But, the Roblox Gods have bestowed a gift :gift: upon us once again!

I just have one thing to say though: the right-click method is a quick and easy way to toggle CameraToggle, but because right-click is quite a common mouse event, wouldn’t this new mode conflict with preexisting right-click mechanisms in games? For example, if a developer allowed their players to right-click to activate a special effect, this would mean that the CameraToggle would also activate.

Nonetheless, this is a great update!
Keep it up, Roblox! :roblox: :roblox_light:

4 Likes

This camera mode is pretty nice, but maybe it wasn’t meant to be used with click to move or shift lock.

3 Likes

I completely agree with you. It might interfere with the UI of some games, and it would get obnoxious to see that large message whenever you change camera modes.

4 Likes

I think this would be flawless … if it had another keybinding. MouseButton2 is too commonly used to be the default control scheme, and is sort of the same problem with the emote menu using “B” at some point.

Perhaps the toggle could be set to a different key? Like one of the function keys?

7 Likes

Just please be sure to NOT involve key toggles on a keyboard. We’ve had that happen on other Gui Implications like the Animation wheel, and thats why I’n bringing this quickly upfront again. Thanks!

4 Likes

This sort of camera movement is exactly the kind of movement I’ve been looking for recently. Will there be a way to force users into this camera mode?

7 Likes

What if you were able to zoom in or focus the camera imto a particular spot on the screen, with this feature? Being able to look around and then look closer would be fun and exciting to do.

1 Like

This is certainly interesting and I can’t wait to check it out, but like others, I am a bit worried about the quality of this feature and how well it reacts if you are clicking the mouse for something in-game. All and all it’s a new feature, of course, it will get tweaked as time passes…Thank you and keep up the great work, Roblox! :roblox:

2 Likes

Really good update - it doesn’t really work as well when you enable shift lock at the same time though.

4 Likes

Pretty neat update but if you have both this camera mode on and “click to move” option enabled, you can’t click to move without toggling the camera…

5 Likes

Personally, I would prefer Camera Toggle to be in Shift, more specifically being another option for shift-lock. I don’t see why they should be separate from each other and be able to use them together, although having Camera Toggle on alongside shift-lock causes the “lock” part to break/not work if you have Camera Toggle off.

Here’s what I mean by that:

Either have these two merge into one option, or make it disable Camera Toggle whenever you shift-lock. Being able to change the height of the Camera Toggle would also be a neat addition, as well.

7 Likes

I like the new addition of Camera Toggle, I think it is visually appealing, easy to use and it will make camera movement a lot easier for players with a trackpad which doesn’t support touch gestures.

However, I’ve managed to find a few issues with this new camera mode within a few minutes of testing.

Use case #1

I have my camera mode set as Camera Toggle

• Settings display correctly in the game session I have just set the new camera mode
  • Upon starting a new game session after previously setting your camera mode to Camera Toggle, it displays your camera mode in the settings as “Default (Classic)” despite the camera having the functionality of Camera Toggle.

Use case #2

I have Shift Lock Switch enabled and have my camera mode set to Camera Toggle

• Toggling Shift Lock using the keybind does nothing besides offset your camera to the right
  • While Shift Lock is enabled and you toggle the new camera mode, the mouse crosshair has an offset similar to what the Shift Lock mouse icon would have
  • While Shift Lock and the new toggle mode are enabled, BubbleChats also gets an offset
17 Likes

I’ve been getting so annoyed over this being removed, as I felt that it was important to me for perfectly alligning my camera/character ingame, and I used these shortcuts everywhere. This also worked, for example, in terms of perfectly rotating your character in prop hunt games like Blox Hunt to make your position look less suspicious by blending in with the environment even more (by perfectly alligning your rotation to make it look as if, the object was already placed there in the map originally, and is not a player)

This feature was important to me, and I hope it does come back.

7 Likes