Introducing Connect 2022!

10 AM PT

But when does it start EST because I’m EST?

1 Like

It starts at 1PM EST. Next time, you should just google “PST to EST” and look at the time table.

1 Like

Ok thank you so much For that.

Hello everyone!

@chichine will be live one hour from now (10 AM PT) with Live Events in Experiences!

Join us on the Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

3 Likes

The Connect 2022 Challenge is just around the corner!

Compete for over $20,000 in prizes with other developers in teams of two to five in a 48-hour game jam!

Find a team in the #find-a-team channel in our Guilded server: Roblox Global Developers and come back here end of this month to learn more about the challenge!

Participation requirements

• Have a registered account on the DevForum
  • Teams must consist of two to five people
  • Good standing with Roblox moderation

Useful Resources

See you soon!
Developer Engagement Team

7 Likes

Hey everyone!

We will be live one hour from now (3 PM PT) with Game Creation for Phones and Consoles

2 Likes

Hey there!

We will be live one hour from now (9 AM PT) with Roblox VR Fundamentals by Quenty!

Note: It’s not mandatory to have a VR, but if you have one and don’t know how to set it up, here is a link that may help you.

www.pcmag.com/how-to/roblox-101-how-to-play-vr-games

See u soon!

3 Likes

Hey dev!

We will be live 45 minutes from now (11 AM PT) with Talent Hub: Make Your Dream Team a Reality!

See u soon!

2 Likes

Hey developers!

We will be live one hour from now (3 PM PT) with Production: Working at the Heart of the Team!

Join us for the last Connect 2022 workshop on the Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom !!

2 Likes

I’m Present to Last Connect 2022 Workshop!

1 Like

Hey @Game-Jammers

Thanks for joining us at Connect 2022! If you missed any of the workshops, you can watch them on the Connect 2022 YouTube Playlist.

Please share your thoughts on the Connect 2022 workshops through this short survey.

Also, keep an eye on this thread for more information on the Connect 2022 Challenge, a 48-hour game jam with over $20,000 in prizes!

See you soon!

39 Likes

I have just done the survey. :hidere:

2 Likes

Filled out survey for you, do you review them?

1 Like

Unfortunately, same for me.
I have no friends I could team up with, and won’t be able to use guilded to find some, so is there any solo option?

5 Likes

I join the Guilded but after that I’m kinda clueless on what is going on.
Is the contest still going on?
Can I still join it?
Where can I find a team?
and what is the due date?

1 Like

I have found what I was looking for on the website they sent me too. There is no need to reply to my questons. They have been all answered.

Hey developers, @Game-Jammers

Last week we shared details on our first game jam of July, the Talent Jam. Along with that, we are now excited to share information around the Connect Challenge!

Starting July 22, your team will have 48 hours to create and submit a playable Roblox experience alongside a 60-120 second video pitch of your project. You must follow these rules in order to participate in this challenge:

:books: Submission Guidelines

• Submit a playable Roblox experience link alongside a 60-120 second video pitch of your project containing:
    • An explanation of your project with footage or screenshots, and how it connects to the theme.
    • A description of the functionality and implementation.
    • Any future plans you may have for your project.
    • Video Requirements:
      • You must upload the video to YouTube and make it unlisted or public.
      • Use of a webcam and microphone is not required as long as your video is clear and understandable.
      • Not all members of the team need to be in the video.
  • You are allowed to use premade assets as long as you list them in the submission survey. But remember, originality is part of the judging criteria!
  • Your team and project must follow all Roblox Terms of Use, Community Standards and
    Terms of Participation.pdf

:spiral_notepad: Participation Requirements

• All team members must have a registered account on DevForum.
  • Teams must consist of two to five people.
  • Good standing with Roblox moderation.

:trophy: Prizes

• 1st place - $1000 gift card of choice for purchasing electronics per team member.
  • 2nd place - $600 gift card of choice for purchasing electronics per team member.
  • 3rd place - $400 gift card of choice for purchasing electronics per team member.
  • 4th to 25th place - $100 gift card of choice for purchasing electronics per team member.
  • All valid entries - Connect Halo for your Roblox avatar.

Note: Prizes are listed in USD, and are subject to availability and location.

:white_check_mark: Judging Criteria

Although you must attach a Roblox experience link as part of your submission, your submission will be judged by the video pitch!

• Originality - your team created most of the content.
  • Theme - your team followed the proposed theme.
  • Creativity - the experience presents new and fresh ideas.
  • Execution - the experience is well executed and polished.

An anonymous judging panel will select the best submissions based on the above criteria. The winners will then be selected by a public vote on DevForum.

:art: Theme

The theme for this challenge is Connection!

Think of new ways to connect people from all around the world through Roblox features and experiences. You are free to interpret this theme in your own way, just be sure to let us know what inspired you on the video pitch!

Once you are ready, please submit your project through the submission survey by Sunday, July 24 at 4:59 PM PDT.

You can find a team in our Guilded server: Roblox Global Developers.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here!

Best of luck to all the teams!

66 Likes

Ohhh, its going to start soon!

3 Likes

I’m looking forwards to seeing the submissions!

4 Likes