Introducing Connect 2022!

Still no response as of now. It’s really annoying to wait over 14 days with no clear estimates.

I’m planning to DM tomorrow, it’s been a month now since the challenge, don’t want to act desperate or anything but there’s nothing clear on when we’re getting our prizes.

1 Like

Exactly, i don’t even know who i should even try to contact at this point.

I wouldn’t go contacting any staff, just contact the ones who DM’d you.

3 Likes

Still no giftcard, I wonder what is taking them so long…? I guess they might or might not give them out tomorrow.

1 Like

Apparently they’re in the process, our team is getting a bit fed up now.

I wanted to buy something to livestream non Roblox games but I guess I gotta wait a bit longer.

2 Likes

I believe that they might give out gift cards now because they’re currently too busy with RDC. Wouldn’t be surprised if you got a message after September 10th.

3 Likes

That would make sense, I wish Roblox had given us transparency from the start from when exactly the winners are supposed to get prizes. It’s sorta ridiculous when you’ve had to wait a month after you’ve had a congratulation message to say you’ve won in a challenge to receive a prize.

Guess I’m not live streaming a certain game at launch lol

3 Likes

In my experience, there are almost always delays in the payment of awards. For Connect 2022 I was only asked for the basic information (mail and which gift card), but my colleagues from Dream Jam, for example, still haven’t received the prize. A developer I know waited more than 6 months for his prize [Roblox gift card lol]…

2 Likes

6 months? That’s ridiculous for a Roblox giftcard. As far as I’m aware, Talent Jam winners have received their prices (two of my friends have had placements and received their rewards), I think it was like 2 weeks after they received a congratulations message?

The lack of transparency from Roblox is really annoying, if Roblox is going to take ages giving us our rewards, I may as well just buy the stuff I want now rather than waiting for a giftcard.

2 Likes

I just talked with the guy and he told me that he had won the contest in August of the last year but they paid him until May, 3 months ago exactly because it was a 28th. Although from what they told my colleagues, according to them they had payment problems with Dream Jam and they were “trying to fix it soon and prevent this delays from happening in the future”. But it could also be true what @ItsKoiske says, their main focus right now could be the RDC.

3 Likes

Just a quick update, our team members received a email from “HackerEarth” to claim the voucher for your gift card, it’s asking for you to fill out your email, name, and fill out the W-8BEN

I don’t believe that there’s been an announcement that this email is being sent around, just wanna make sure if this email was intended to be sent out before I can fill it out or not.

4 Likes

So you have to fill out a tax form? I haven’t received the email yet, probably because I’m outside of the US. (actually a W-8-BEN is for people outside of the US)

If it requires a national insurance number (think these forms refer it to as a tax insurance number), I’m under the age of 16 so I don’t have one yet lol (just means I have to use my parents)

2 Likes

Do we really have to do that just to get our giftcards and then wait 90-120 days? Sheesh. All the hype really turned into dust.

2 Likes

I mean stuff like that is in the rules of the contest… Shows that you didn’t really read it before you entered :eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, still pretty annoying though, over just a giftcard.

I basically only read the rules after submitting our entry, wouldn’t be surprised if 90% of people ignored it, people don’t tend to read terms or privacy policies.

3 Likes

Considering the amount of money being exchanged it would make sense.

3 Likes

Hello :eyes: I recently received the mail from the form. It also indicates that the giftcard delivery take 90 to 120 days.

2 Likes

I can confirm I have received it as well, anyone who has received the email should fill it out ASAP, you have to fill it out within 15 days.

1 Like

Hey are you in the states? I’m in the Uk but haven’t received the email yet? They must be sending out the emails regionally.

1 Like