Introducing Connect 2022!

I live in the UK, also just a correction to my previous post, a National Insurance number is likely not required if your under the age of 16, I’ve done a W-8-BEN form once before, but there is a tickbox that says whether a foreign TIN is not legally required.

As far as I’m aware, the rest of my team which are located in the US, has not received an email yet.

2 Likes

I am guessing they send it out to people outside the US first?

2 Likes

Just a note to anyone who should recieve the email soon, make sure to check in the ‘Junk’ Folder (or spam?) Seems I got the email 6 days ago, but only found it now. Hope this helps anyone who sees it.

I was asking with support, since we needed to know anyway (there is someone from the USA on my team). They told me that they were not going to send emails with forms to the USA residents, because didn’t need them, just have to wait for the delivery.

1 Like

Just in case people don’t know, if you’re outside the US, it’s the last day to submit your W-8-BEN form, you should have received an email like this and a few reminders.

IMG_20220927_133058

Can’t believe we gotta wait until NEXT year to get our prizes though.

1 Like

Here’s an update to anyone wondering, me and the rest of my team members received this email today (bearing in mind, I’m in the UK, and the rest of my team members are in the US). It sounds like vouchers are coming to people, although none of our team has received any vouchers yet.

Do you know where we would be recieving the voucher? It doesnt say where, another email?

Another email, I’m aware that people from foreign countries has to provide their address but people within the US didn’t, so it won’t be physically mailed.

Can confirm that my team hasn’t received anything either.

2 Likes

Still haven’t received anything, I started communication with them yesterday about why we haven’t received our gift cards and they’re investigating why. Hope that they’ll check that other people’s gift cards have actually been sent as well.

I don’t know whether the fact that I don’t have an Amazon account under my email (besides, don’t you have to be 16 to have an Amazon account? currently 15 at the time of writing)

I’m still unsure whether to adjust to my initial expectations of waiting until next year to receive mine because I’m a UK resident. I assume it probably was able to process fast since due to my age, I don’t have to pay any tax at the moment, and due to myself residing in the UK, which has a tax treaty with the US, although I had no idea what article it was.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone recieved the giftcards yet.

2 Likes

Can someone message here if/when they do get their vouchers?

I will, but I’d recommend contacting them if you haven’t received your gift card, I know they are already investigating myself and another team members case, and if more pressure is mounted, they’re likely to treat our cases with higher priority.

Also, you do not need an Amazon account under the specified email.

My gift card apperently got declined lol, they asked to send me Amazon Gift Cards (which doesn’t work for my case) so I asked for my earnings to be sent on PayPal or Tipalti and I haven’t gotten a response. Probably taking their time

1 Like

Yeah, Amazon was the default option that they wanted to send, I don’t know whether they’re ignoring you because the prize money is meant to be used on your setup (although I’m not entirely sure whether I’ll spend all of it on my setup, depending on what it converts to, RAM has gotten cheaper since I’ve last looked anyways).

I received a DM asking whether I have received the voucher or not, has anyone actually got it yet?

1 Like

Myself and the rest of my team has also received the message but we haven’t received the prizes yet.

2 Likes

I would probably split my money between some earbuds, keyboard, mouse and rent lol. I received a follow-up checking if I gotten my gift cards and I basically told them the same thing here, hopefully it gets sorted out

UPDATE : I received my money on my preferred payment method. :happy4:

3 Likes

Just received my prize this morning at around 10 am-ish PST, and one of my teammates also did. Would definitely suggest checking your email today.

1 Like

Nice, I haven’t gotten the voucher yet, so I emailed HackerEarth back and told them, but they said they had given it to me, but I’ve check two different emails, junk, spam, and bin if I accidentally deleted it. And I’m not sure if it comes from Amazon directly because that’s what it seemed like HackerEarth said.