Introducing Connect 2023

Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Olá, Kamusta, привет, こんにちは, 안녕하세요 creators,

:drum::drum::drum: DRUM ROLL PLEASE :drum::drum::drum:

We are thrilled to announce Connect 2023, our annual virtual conference filled with workshops, competitions, and networking opportunities for everyone!

Mark your calendars for July 11th, 2023, as we kick off this event at 9 AM PT! This event will be taking place on the new Creator Events platform. To actively participate in live challenges and chat with fellow attendees, please make sure to register on the Creator Events platform and join the livestream there.

WAIT, LIVE CHALLENGES?? Yep, you heard me right! Each workshop will feature a series of interactive challenges for you to tackle. Answer them correctly and you could win a US$30 GoGift gift card! These questions are designed to help you gauge your knowledge gained from the workshop, so pay close attention and take notes – the old school way.

Highlights

Community Workshops
Throughout July, Roblox creators from all corners of the world will host workshops covering both introductory and advanced content. Check out the complete schedule and join the live workshops here. Additionally, we are pleased to announce that auto-generated captions and translations will be available in 20+ languages. Don’t miss the chance to attend at least one workshop and receive the exclusive Connect 2023 Varsity Jacket as a reward for your active participation.

Connect Challenge
During the event, creators will have the opportunity to form teams and compete for exciting prizes. More information on how to participate will be announced throughout the event, so stay tuned.

Connect Hub
Join us at the Connect Hub on July 11th at 10-11am PT to connect with fellow developers. Complete the in-game scavenger hunt to earn a Connect 2023 T-Shirt for your Roblox avatar.

Learn more about Roblox Connect 2023 on the official web page.

FAQ

Click here to view the FAQ!

Where are the workshops taking place?

• Workshops will be taking place on the new Creator Events site. All sessions and links can be found here. Alternatively, you can watch on Roblox DevRel’s YouTube channel (you won’t be able to participate in Live Challenges and receive the Connect 2023 Varsity Jacket)

How do I sign-up to attend workshops?

• Under the Creator Events site, you can RSVP to attend the event.

How do I participate in the discussions and send questions to the speakers during workshops?

• In each event you attend, there will be a chat available. You can chat with other developers and the host. In addition, you can use emotes to react to what you’re seeing!

How will winners be determined for the US$30 GoGift gift card?

• Only one person per quiz will be chosen as the recipient, and the winners will be announced after all the workshops have concluded. If your answer is selected, you will be notified via the email you have provided through the questionnaire, and the gift card will be sent to you accordingly.

How can I earn the Connect 2023 Varsity Jacket and Connect 2023 T-Shirt?

• In order to receive the varsity jacket, simply attend at least one workshop on the Creator Events platform. As for the T-Shirt, you can acquire it by successfully completing the in-game scavenger hunt located in the Connect Hub.

Happy Connecting!

Developer Engagement Team

172 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 11 minutes.

Can not wait! Already registered for Connect yesterday! Looking forward to completing challenges with you all!

17 Likes

Yay, Connect is back!!! Honestly cannot wait! I will definitely be attending some of the workshops. :yum: Can’t wait for the Challenge too.

15 Likes

Damn, amazing news! :heart_eyes:

P.S. No events in Russian… Ehh… :disappointed_relieved:

17 Likes

Looking forward to this!
I noticed that it gave me a receipt when I signed up. Does this mean that creators will be able to charge a fee for attendance if they want to?

Also, a small thing, but one of the sign up buttons on the schedule page (right above here) isn’t working.

25 Likes

I can´t wait!! I am so excited for this

14 Likes

Been waiting for this and it finally came!

I’m definitely excited to participate in challenges and attend workshops

18 Likes

Amazing, I can’t wait. This event will have a chance to meet worldwide developers!

13 Likes

Been waiting for this for a while. I can’t wait to participate in the challenges and workshops!

Cough cough… somehow missed Connect all the previous years. Thanks life

19 Likes

Yes! Let’s go! I’m excited for Connect 2023!

12 Likes

please tell me that solo teams are allowed

14 Likes

Woohoo!! Pleased to see Connect returning for another year; can’t wait to participate

10 Likes

Lets GOOOO!!! I LOVE THIS THING

even though i havent participated in it ever

What do these look like?

9 Likes

I don’t know how you get the jacket but I got the t-shirt

That’s how it looks
Screenshot_٢٠٢٣٠٦١٧-٠١٥٦٣٦~2
Well I’m not equipping it
I don’t know how the 2023 one will look like but that’s how the 2022 t-shirt looked

12 Likes

They provided the link for you

7 Likes

The times might clash with unplanned real life events … unscheduled or work.
So the question is, will there be uploads for those that missed any to watch & catch up ?

11 Likes

Excited for this! Can’t wait to participate.

7 Likes

Should be an exciting experience this year, looking forward to it!

7 Likes

I got my ticket! I’m Attending! :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes