Introducing Our New Studio Logo!

The new studio logo is very consistent with macOS Big Sur as it now fits the flat, and the gradient really syncs well with the modern aesthetic. My only complaint is how it doesn’t match up with the flat design with the Roblox webpages e.g. DevForums, Roblox Main Page & Developer Hub.

1 Like

The new logo is a masterpiece i really like it

1 Like

Make it the devforum logo, remove the gradient (and i love that background) and I’ll accept it.

1 Like

Not really a big fan of this logo. The gradient doesn’t really fit, perhaps I’ve been used to seeing the flat logo. The old logo was simple, cope really well with the ‘friendly’ semi-bold font. I understand that the refreshed logo was to blend with the current Roblox Player’s logo better, seems like it will take me a while to get used to this. Love the idea that the logo reassembles the “S” in “Studio”, though!

1 Like

I don’t like it, I prefer the old one

1 Like

The logo is super nice, honestly proud to see it.

2 Likes

This looks ugly in my opinion, especially the gradient.

1 Like

This is probably the best Roblox Studio Icon Roblox has to offer.

The logo, just like the previous one, is appealing to international audiences while introducing more complexity, giving an illusion that it’s somewhat tangible – almost animate in a sense. This logo is also very fitting with people who have monochromatic or protanopia colorblindness.

The design philosophy behind this logo had really been thought out for international audiences and people with visual disabilities. My hat goes to Roblox for this one.

2 Likes

This fits well because the shiny/gradient effect matches the player desc top icon and the mobile player icon :+1:

2 Likes

i’m honestly not a giant fan of it. it’s not terrible, but it’s not great. mostly the gradient on it is what isn’t appealing. however, i’m sure it’s cause i’m not used to it, that perception can change. it’s great that you guys are modernizing and changing up the logo though. it’s always nice for a change.

2 Likes

i like the new look and i like the gradient. the extra detail reminds of when every company wasn’t doing the simple flat look. actually is kind of refreshing and is consistent with the gradient on the current roblox logo.

1 Like

Are y’all going to update the logo on the DevHub tab? It doesn’t seem to be updated. And yes, I’ve done a hard refresh.
DevHub _ Roblox - Google Chrome 2_11_2021 1_01_12 PM

2 Likes

Please dont do this, I thought the Cheez-it logo in 2017 was bad…

2 Likes

The logo is fine but it’s just an aesthetic change, what the functional change in the studio itself?

1 Like

Finally a good logo roblox made. Make more logos like this.

2 Likes

Thats because they seem to have completely ignored making a maskable icon. They literally set the same exact icon as purpose: "maskable" which just shows that whoever set up the manifest, has no idea what maskable means.

Twitter:

Devforum:

If there are any frontend Roblox developers reading this, they should take a look at: Web App Manifest#icon-masks (w3c.github.io)

5 Likes

After looking at some stuff, in your browser you can see the Flat icon of the new logo.
Is it better? Yes it is.

I can see that the favicon on the dev hub thing needs updsting, and so does the deevloper forum home hutton in the top left.

1 Like

No when there was the old roblox studio icon it was different to the roblox one itself so why would they change it them to be both the same just different color??

2 Likes

I was somehow able to load studio and I turned on safe studio updates so I don’t have to see this logo until something goes wrong. If anybody knows how to revert the logo while still having it be the most recent update, please tell me.

1 Like

The logo itself looks good but I feel like the primary app logo should be the same style. Additionally, modernizing the initial loading screen would be a nice addition.

Mockup
rb

Current

17 Likes