Introducing Our New Studio Logo!

Everybody says that they prefer the old logo instead of the new one because the old one was flat and simple, but I actually liked the new one. The new logo looks very modern, aesthetic, and very stylish. (The Roblox App logo has a gradient as well, so the new gradient on the studio logo looks cool)

7 Likes

But most people are talking about how the gradient is too noticeable. And studio just looks like a 2014 windows 7 application

3 Likes

Some Developer Crowns were recently uploaded to the Avatar Shop that have the old Developer logo. Will these be updated? I’m aware that they haven’t been officially announced yet.

50 Likes

I like the design, but the gradient makes it look washed out as a logo. The gradient should only be kept in renders such as the one in this topic.

8 Likes

I’m a little underwhelmed. To be honest, I expected better, every time I open up studio I want to bleach my eyes for the 5 seconds when I have to endure the loading screen with it on.

The gradient makes it look a little yucky,
The resemblance of the S is not seen at all, for me and it generally doesn’t look too good.

I respect those who designed it, but I expected a little better.

9 Likes

I much prefer the old logo, I’m not sure why.

Edit: I agree with other people, that the gradient and 3D affect spoil it slightly.

9 Likes

I actually really like this new icon because I’m kind of a fan of minimalistic icons.

Edit: I forgot to add that the gradient makes it look much better, and also I don’t know why but the icon reminds me of something that I can’t really explain.

4 Likes

You contradicted yourself in that statement - the old one was more minimalistic.

10 Likes

I don’t think so. For me, it still has this modern style into it.

1 Like

VERY modern and beautiful, but I’ll have to get used to it a little. Besides, the logo doesn’t fit the Studio app. They should update the entire interface to look better

9 Likes

I think the Roblox Player one should get a representation of the R letter instead of an S.

8 Likes

I feel like the old logo looks better imo. Flat, modern and fits.

New logo seems weird. You have a gradient on a primary flat design which will never work. And now, it’s a box. It’s basically a horizontally sliced cheeze-it. And the blur just makes the logo look less quality. It just doesn’t fit the forum or the site as a whole imo.

pls revert

7 Likes

When I was loading up studio and the logo was different I though I downloaded a virus :skull_and_crossbones:, but It looks pretty good!

2 Likes

Really really love the shape but I definitely think the gradient is too strong, most notably the darker shade of blue. Comparing to the Roblox logo, the value range has much much much more contrast and looks really awkward and very abrupt at small icon sizes. Definitely recommend at least toning down the dark blue shadow. I think the highlight is great though.

2 Likes

It reminds me of something too, but I don’t know if it’s just me that sees it. I don’t particularly want to say what it makes me think of.

I actually like the idea, but I don’t like the gradient. It’s gray and it’s taking away the pure feel of it.

Can we get a vector of the studio icon, so community projects revolving around studio don’t have to use poorly scaled edits?

3 Likes

I just have to agree with people that have made better points than that I can think of

It just stands out awkwardly to the rest of the ui.

Scaling down or just removing the gradient would be fine as the shape and design is very good

I like the new logo, the gradient might need to be reworked though because when the logo is small it’s pretty bad.

5 Likes

While I do like how this fits with the studio style, the gradient offsets the player the new Roblox logo has a different sort of gradient style which I think would fit studio better. And as mentioned before changing the logo would mean redoing every developer crown which would also be a set back. While this update is good, it has lots of flaws.