Introducing Our New Studio Logo!

To be honest, I think that the Roblox studio getting new changes and appearances is pretty cool but to me it feels like the Roblox logo got downgraded. To me, the old logo felt like a cool crisp development icon which looks nice compared with other development software logos. On the other hand, we have the new logo. which on my desktop and when I launch studio, seems low res, not crisp, and looks like a mobile game icon, not a quality studio. Maybe its the gradient but it feels like the new logo was suppose to be the icon before switching over to the now old logo, if you understand what I mean. On paper, the logo seems nice and looks cool with the gradient. In action, it feels for low quality. This might be because the design seems more simple compared to the old logo but, what you gonna do. Ima just roll with the punches. I know the logo must have a talented artist behind it and must have had good intendencies, but I think the image, put into action, didn’t seem “better.”

2 Likes

Of course! I like that new change.

2 Likes

I see it now its cool! i got mshock when i open.

3 Likes

The look of the icon is really good! The gradiant is really good with it, since it gives it more depth. Although nostalgia not really there as much; it is nice to see Roblox refining things.

4 Likes

WHY it looks trash i like the old one since it was well known not ugly

1 Like

I don’t really like the gradient. I would actually prefer the other logo. It seems pretty awesome though :+1:

2 Likes

Honesty it looks modern and more asthetic but I have a nostalgic feeling for the old design.

2 Likes

Its really nice to see the studio logo updated, It looks a lot more professional!

2 Likes

I think The new Icon is nice , its cool to see Roblox make an effort create positive change.

1 Like

In cases like this I think Roblox should be careful to use a dropshadow or glow effect when the background could be lightly colored, such as here:

Also given that skeuomorphism is somewhat out of style now, and websites are minimalistic and flat, I don’t think Roblox should be pushing the 3D logo style in websites and ingame UI - it stands out way too much and looks out of place and ridiculous alongside everything else. Embrace using both: flat logos in UI online and ingame, and more elaborate shaded logos when they are displayed larger, or as part of a promotional splash. People have already been asking for a flat logo for the topbar in game UI. Please don’t ignore us to chase some goofy style platform-wide when a very happy compromise exists that wouldn’t harm brand image at all.

3 Likes

I definitely agree its really good that Roblox is evolving in a positive way!

4 Likes

I agree. Gradients are a bit of an outdated design trend; the Microsoft Windows logo is an example of this transition. I believe Roblox should strive for minimalism-- especially because of the younger target audience on the internet. Which is sort of why I like the new position of the gaps in the middle. It’s much easier to remember.

Now, I should clarify that I don’t want them to take the “deals that make you boogie” route, but again, given their audience, they should keep Roblox easier on the eyes.

1 Like

The logo is good but…
Doesn’t seem to fit with the Roblox apps on my taskbar:
Maybe go less on the gradient effect and make it look more like the normal Roblox logo. That is my suggestion.

Me personally, this is a better logo, since I’m not one to like minimalism with bland colors

Agreed. You think they would’ve learned from the backlash towards the new GM logo!

1 Like

It doesn’t make sense for Roblox to make this sudden logo change when they literally released these developer crowns that resemble the now “former” logo

https://www.roblox.com/catalog/5731975339/Illumina-Crown-of-O-s

12 Likes

I’m liking it, just that we need to get used to it since the new logo is currently hurting my eyes, but it’s pretty good.

In my opinion, this new logo is truly terrible, especially at smaller sizes. The gradient reminds me of the terrible Photoshop 7.0 style presets from 2002. All that’s missing is a shiny glass button.

For a simple explanation of why big logos can’t be resized as-is to a small size, please refer to Size Does Matter

Another useless update nobody asked for, nice. Couldn’t you put the time and resources into something of value like, I don’t know, stable servers that don’t crash the site every update?

3 Likes

Just make it so the application icon has a gradient but everything else is solid. That would be more consistent with current.

2 Likes