Introducing Premium Payouts!

I won’t really say much since everyone already said it,

There is literally no point of giving premium membership exclusive stuff in-game, It’s FAR MORE efficient to just make your own subscription module ( which I have done and many others did ) rather than promoting premium.
From what I could tell is that they’re calculating it relatively which is pretty funny

The revenue I got from the subscription based developer products were over 60% of all the revenue giving me a stable income for every day,week or even a month.

4 Likes

Can non premium members cash out?

I was actually getting ready to release a simulator in a few days so this is perfect timing. I am excited to see how this works out.

2 Likes

No, only premium members can use DevEx.

3 Likes

Not devex, I mean can non premium users use this new feature to earn robux.

2 Likes

Not totally sure but I think so.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this. I don’t like how vague this whole system is. Why can’t we know approximately how much we will be given for somebody paying for Premium in our game, and playing for x amount of time?

I feel as though more transparency is needed here. Why should I make a premium paywall and not be guarenteed anything from it, when I could just restrict that part of the game with a gamepass instead? That way, I’m guarenteed x amount. I understand that this system uses a pool of robux from all premium members in all games. But currently, we have no clue how much our games are earning from this, or how beneficial it would be for us to add premium exclusive features.

But would it be hard to give us more transparency with estimates on how this will benefit developers? You have been logging data for a bit of time, and thus you should be able to give estimates on how much R$ we receive for X premium members playing Y hours. Is it even worth it for us to make certain aspects of our game premium exclusive features?

Here’s a quote from the DevHub article: When the playtime score increases, your Robux earned will most likely increase as well, but note that the relationship is not linear — for instance, a 5 point increase in playtime score does not guarantee a payout increase of 5 Robux.

What does most likely mean? We could get the same amount of in-game premium sales, and the same amount of premium hours played two months in a row, but earn less the second month? Or for that matter, we could get more premium sales and more premium hours, and still earn the same amount, or even less income from this feature?

Even so, the relationship between in-game premium sales, in-game premium hours, and Robux earned isn’t linear, and we currently are clueless on how income is determined. The information given is very vague.

I agree with this. At least with your own subscription model, you know how much you are getting out of this, and it’ll be a linear income and not determined behind the scenes with voodoo magic. You’re not guarenteed anything with a premium based feature-exclusivity model.

Ripull has a point, what’s the incentive here? What if they buy premium in your game, then never play it again? You just earned roblox a $4.99 purchase and got nothing in return at all for your effort. A better model for this system would be X robux per sale. Why should you potentially get nothing for encouraging more premium sales, and then be expected to paywall portions of your game to premium only members? With no guaranteed earnings from them.

Again, they are right. We are not getting anything guaranteed for pushing premium on our players, and likely won’t get anything significant in comparison to DevProduct subscriptions, GamePass sales, etc. While roblox gets $4.99 for you getting a player to purchase premium.

Again, another great point. Nobody knows how much we get for successfully getting a player to purchase premium. Perhaps nothing! That’s no good.

I like the idea, but not the execution. I think this needs to be addressed before a lot of us are going to be willing to put premium paywalls up in our game. Why should I make premium-only features instead of gamepass only features, or devproduct subscription features, which I’m guarenteed to make X amount on whereas with this new premium payout feature, I might not make anything extra at all.

I’ll conclude with the only thing I do like about this feature: You can make extra robux for doing nothing, not ever prompting them to buy premium, and not ever adding premium only features to your game. That much is nice.

21 Likes

Very thanks to roblox… This is the one that i wanted in roblox… IM VERY THANKS TO roblox… Btw how much robux is estimated for 10 premium players join my game?

1 Like

How exactly does it work for groups?

1 Like

Interesting to know what Roblox means by ‘other’ games. Will your game be compared to games with similar daily visits, same genre etc? :thinking:

We will only know the power of premium payouts in the following months, where we can actually see how much premium payout will contribute to a develop’s total revenue. I am assuming it will be in the range of 5-10%, but who knows.

2 Likes

Will the amount earned from PP be part of daily revenue? So say if my game makes 1000 robux revenue, and 500 PP, the daily revenue will show as 1500 in the original developer stats page?

1 Like

I would presume this would go under “Pending Sales” when the game is under a group.

1 Like

I get why some people see this Roblox trying to sell premium, but how else were they going to do it? They can’t just give free money, and I think this is a nice compromise.

Also, how about we wait and see before we get too dystopian. Roblox is clearly pushing safeguards to stop unbalancing, double p2p or p2w.

1 Like

Ok, so lemme make my game free, but then require players to spend real money on perks within my game, making it pay to win. Charging 25 robux for entry is only 8 cents… or I can make it ‘free’ to enter, but then force them to spend $5 to play the game once in…

Stop making pathetic excuses. 99% of the pay to play games offer no pay to win mechanics, and almost all offer the entire game with the 1 purchase. Plus these games are usually really well made, and the ones on the front page clearly show that.

7 Likes

Roblox’s excuses aren’t pathetic… They aren’t even excuses, they’re sound reasons… Roblox fundamentally wants all games to be free to play, and so is incentivising that.

Specifically, I bet they’re targeting games like Bloxburg. Bloxburg doesn’t make anywhere close to most of its money from the tiny R$20 or whatever it is enterance fee, its made in gamepass and dev products. Bloxburg is a pretty well made experience, and Roblox thinks they (Roblox) would be better off it it was free to play. They don’t just want to remove paid games as its a useful feature to have, so this is Roblox’s solution to that.

For what its worth, I think the reason Bloxburg has the entry fee is that Coeptus feels it keeps out lots of little kids who lower the role playing value, or trolls. Idk how valid that is given Adopt Me is doing just fine

2 Likes

If they want all games to be free to play, then remove the paid access feature… isn’t that hard… can’t be for free to play games, but then still allow them and be against them… it’s stupid.

So there solution is to hopefully weed out pay to play games? If it’s a useful feature, then it should be given the same perks as every other game.

If you want to have this feature, take off paid access, if you would rather keep paid access, then don’t. I’m not sure why you’re advocating Roblox just removing paid access altogether??

Paid access is a useful feature for games in beta - it prevents games from gaining unwanted virality until they’re ready. I bet thats why Roblox keeps it

2 Likes

Roblox is trying to encourage developers to create more f2p games, as well as supporting f2p games so that they can focus on player retention - not monetization.

This is similar to what YouTube does (to an extent), the longer people watch your videos, the better your video does.

2 Likes

I never advocated it… find where I said they should remove it… I said Roblox SHOULD advocate paid access games, and thus give them the same features as free to play, as paid access games tend to have more effort put into them (not all, but most)

I shouldn’t be forced to make my game free just for a feature that should be allowed for everyone

3 Likes

So by encouraging free to play games, they’re encouraging people buying premium… Like I said before, it’s a hell of a lot cheaper to buy access to a game than to buy Premium

4 Likes

You have got to be kidding me, many MANY paid access games have many things to buy in them. Your 25 robux for 8 cent entry argument is invalid because you can’t just buy 25 robux. Roblox is not making pathetic excuses, that just seems sassy.

1 Like