Introducing Premium Payouts!

So essentially, what we had before with tickets, except the money does not magically appear out of thin air and it is far more valuable, neat! I’m all for providing more value to players. I create games as a hobby so I doubt I’ll earn much, but any amount helps.
Seems like a good transition for Premium from a developer tool to a player tool.

1 Like

By payouts, do you mean robux?

Another thing, does this mean you get robux if premium players play your game often? Or is it only when premium players play your game more than other games?

2 Likes

@20amir02 payouts = robux. If you want look at the Premium tab in the Developer Stats of your game.

1 Like

So I didn’t see this asked but if a player buys premium through the pop up will we get a % in Robux? Other then them playing our games?

3 Likes

I believe not. But we do earn robux whena oremium user just stays in our game for a certain amount of time.

1 Like

I’d like to rephrase one of the points I made in my previous reply,

As a developer It’s very hard to understand the reasoning behind preventing paid access games from being part of this opportunity.

No one is making the player buy these games, in fact they’d buy them because they want to play them. One would also think that these games also promote premium more than others as you would need Robux to play.

From a business standpoint I’d say that paid access games have a stronger chance of having a higher retention and engagement rates than of other games, where as the player has invested into the game and would want to make the best of its experience.

As mentioned above by others, paid access games charge once and you own access for life, where as asking the player to get premium, they would need to buy it every month. Now that kind of makes sense as you’d want to have a continuous stream of income… Though by asking developers to champion this business model over others it would be forcing players to get premium and I can’t really see that ending well, as a big portion of players are simply unable to get premium.

Sure, Roblox may not intend for this feature to be used like that, where as the purpose is to give the developer an added on source of income. That’s great, though how things are playing out right now it doesn’t really look promising, especially if this is supposed to be the
alternative of increasing devex rates

This is a great opportunity and I’m excited to see it play out and evolve over time, you asked for our feedback, and this is it.

6 Likes

Pardon my skepticism though I’m rather doubtful you average 30,000 premium users while only making 86 robux

1 Like

he meant 30,000 visits / week, the visitors do or do not possess premium like all games.

But i don’t think visits even matters, “Premium” users have to stay in the game,
if his game’s average gameplay lasts 2 minute, then yea, he will never reach a decent daily reward.

4 Likes

I wonder how much robux you will get if you only have like a couple premium users playing. Does it depend on the time or just if a premium subscriber has joined?

1 Like

It’s based on playtime.

1 Like

I also have another question. Do you get robux if you already are a premium subscriber and your playing your own game for a lot of time? I doubt it but I want to know the answer, so yeah.

Actually amazing, this allows alot of smaller developers earn robux faster. Big fan of this update. But I can tell that alot of developers will abuse this. Forcing players to buy premium for an ability. This will be abused, but even if it does, I say you do not remove it. Really useful feature in my opinion. Roblox is taking the right steps. (UGC catalog, Premium payouts etc)

1 Like

Oh boy can this update get out of hand, but as long developers don’t annoy or pester players to buy premium this should be fine!

1 Like

This is good for ROBLOX and us developers, ROBLOX will get more Premium sales because player’s want the premium features devs have to offer and we get money through Premium Payouts!

2 Likes

I’m wondering if this was Roblox’s plan all along: Make the incentives for premium come from the developers in the form of perks in game.

It’s not a bad idea and actually could increase the number of players who purchase premium by quite a lot if the developer community did it right, but we also would need adequate compensation.

Not to trash Roblox but this is clearly not adequate compensation. Considering that based on the information in this thread moderately large games get significantly less then a 5% increase in revenue, perhaps even less then 1% then it’s clear it’s not worth it. A massive top 10 game with a lot of premium players might earn another 20%, who knows.

But this needs to affect medium and small games too. At the moment it looks like 98% of games would earn much more cash from using pay to access or gamepasses instead of premium, which may even result in less revenue.

I think that Roblox is just playing it safe at the moment and after trying things out to make sure they didn’t just hand each developer a million Robux, they will probably hear our complaints, look at the data and adjust accordingly. In other words, I don’t think that Roblox is being greedy in this situation, they just want to play it safe and will need to adjust this over time.

3 Likes

I agree! This is a win-win for developers and Roblox! Both get benefits! Roblox gets more premium subscribers and gets more money in some kind of way and Roblox developers will also be getting some robux. This is great for developers who struggle to make profits from their game. Just in general though, this is a great Roblox update for ALMOST all. By ALMOST I mean that people who don’t have premium may be pestered and annoyed by the developers because the developers won’t allow them to do barely anything. Now it is okay if premium subscribers and non-premium subscribers get treated almost fairly. Maybe a little more treatment for premium subscribers may be okay, but there still should be benefits for non-premium subscribers. Yes, you may hype the people with premium, but you should also hype up people with no premium subscription. Simulators usually are always pay-to-win and the simulators will want more and more money because I mean they have to get cash some way. Though some simulators may not be pay to win, some are. Who am I kidding, almost all simulators are pay-to-win nowadays, and people still love simulators! Simulators are a type of game almost all of the people who play Roblox play. Now some simulators, if not most, will take this update as a very good update for them and do a lot of unfair things for people who don’t have premium. Yes, non-premium players may still be able to play the game, but slowly it may not be as fun. All I am trying to say is that this may get out of hand, and people who make simulator games will take advantage of this and make their simulators unfair. So hopefully, someway, people who don’t have premium will still get benefits in the game and still be able to get hyped up. Because Roblox said to avoid this but they didn’t make this a rule, so we will just have to see how the developers handle this. Will developers be unfair to those who don’t have premium, or will they try to be as fairest as possible? We will just have to sit and watch for now to see what developers have in plan.

7 Likes

I’m glad that devs can benefit easily from their popular games without the use of microtransactions. Great to know that premium payouts are as simple as putting ads on mobile games! I’ve felt very welcomed since the beginning of premium membership and tierless DevEx cashouts, because this is what is going to improve developer benefits by a whole lot, and unify Roblox as a whole successful imagination platform.

Let’s see how this works out in the next few weeks. Hopefully it doesn’t get very disastrous like the UGC incidents.

1 Like

Is good as this may be for Developers I don’t really like the overall idea of it. It’s basically making Roblox a pay to play type of thing.

As a player standpoint I would not like being pestered about getting premium, and if there are games locked behind premium or have a lot of features locked behind premium membership. I honestly don’t think that’s right. Is this really fair to those out there who can’t afford to be getting premium (yes it’s not expensive for the base subscription, but it still adds up because it’s a monthly payment)

At least with robux, it’s a one time buy (unless you buy more) and you can do whatever with it in any games without major limitations, I don’t see how if you don’t have premium that you should be locked out of features in a game when you could buy a pass or something.

With this said, I do think it’s good on a Developers side. More ways to earn something from your games to earn more might bring more devs to the platform in the future. It kind of reminds me of when you got TIX for people visiting your places.
There are two sides to it, like I mentioned, I don’t really like the idea of it, because to me I think it can be abused. Making non premium members not have a lot of in-game features and premium get lots. I can see it happening.

Something I think of when typing this is, club penguin and it’s member ship especially on their last game club penguin island. There wasn’t much a non member could do, they could not buy clothing for access things that were as simple as a rope glider to move from one area to the other side. It wasn’t as popular as the original of version because if this member ship model. I’d hate Roblox to start in that direction.

Of course this is fairly new do you cannot judge it too much right away, do we will see how it turns out in the coming months and years.

5 Likes

Im going to repost this question because I think it’s a pretty good one. Question: Can kids use this? I have a feeling not though. If not, I have an idea. If your account is under 13, the feature would be nerfed. The amount of robux you get would be different from people over 13. This is just something I would like to see from this update.

Thank roblox for this!

Amazing work and well done.

4 Likes