Introducing RoWifi | 2nd Gen Roblox-Discord Verification Bot

Seen RoWifi before and it is cool. If it is in the resource category though then it is kinda expected to be open source. Are there any plans to open source it?

Honestly, I haven’t given it much thought. I’ve rather put my focus on developing new features. Being the sole developer, my code documentation is only up to the point where I understand it. So at of right now, probably not. In the future, this will definitely be open source.

1 Like

Compared to Bloxlink Pro, what additional benefits does RoWifi provide? What features do Bloxlink Pro have that RoWifi doesn’t have?

2 Likes

At the Basic level, we provide you with the option to write you own binds aka Custombinds. We also have a powerful blacklist system. More details can be found on our website. We also do not have a bind limit. There is a limit but it’s just way too high to matter
At the Premium level, we offer Auto Detection which basically is a periodic updating of all members in your discord and the option to backup your binds. This is different from the server templates that discord offers.
The only thing we don’t offer is multiple Roblox accounts linking to the same Discord account.

2 Likes

Would you be able to post a github (or something else) link as it is part of the Community Resources rules for it to be open source?

Incorrect actually.

The Community Resources guidelines state:

Only post resources with a substantial free or open-source component here.

RoWifi has more than substantial free content available for use. Please read the guidelines properly before spreading misinformation.

1 Like

Regardless, you can find us at:

As much as I love new competition for things, I don’t see the difference in this bot compared to something like Bloxlink? Bloxlink has all of the same features and is online 24/7, just like this bot. Therefore I don’t see why this would be used over a bigger and more extensive bot like Bloxlink?

I’m pretty sure bloxlink can’t give you a role depending on if you have an asset.

1 Like

I would say custom binds is one of our unique features. Putting an example below. I don’t know if it will make sense to you, but I hope you get the gist of it. Sorry about the rendering.You can do the same with blacklists. In all, giving you amazing control over your server.

2 Likes

This is pretty cool don’t get me wrong, but what does this bot have that Bloxlink doesn’t? Bloxlink has custom binds too, and if you have premium you can auto update all members.

I’m sorry, but I think you’re wrong about the part of Bloxlink having custom binds. RoWifi’s premium auto-updates every member every few hours. Of course, there is an update-all command. It’s not much of a difference.
Another difference I missed pointing out is RoWifi allows you to backup your server binds. These backups can also be used for server templating. However, these are different from the server templates that discord offers

6 Likes

Alright, I see. Well done on making this, anyway!

How do I install this to my server? I clicked on the discord link but don’t know what to do after?

You select a server to add it to. Once you do that, it’ll take you to a page where it’ll show the select permissions that we require for the bot to properly work. Then you press “Authorize” & then Discord will add the bot to your server. Then, you can run the !setup command & set up whatever binds you need. Consider joining our support server since we check that more often & you should be able to get quicker help over there.

Ok, thanks! This will definitely help me set up this tool.

Use RoWifi in every server you have! The Support, Community, adn Moderation teams are on discord to help! Nice bot 100/10!

Update on New Features:

We've released a bunch of new features

• Switched the entire codebase to Rust (LOL, we’re now at 13k lines of code)
  • Optimized a lot of commands (to a point where the bot is flexing on me)
  • Added comparison operators to Custombinds (>, >=, <, <=). Also added a new function GetRank which returns the rank id of the user in the group.
    Now you can basically make a bind as (GetRank(123456) >= 120 and IsInGroup(654321)) or WithString("Intel") (PS: Yes, it’s modelled after Lua)
  • Obviously a lot of minuscule fixes
  • Two new subsystems
  • Released the first public endpoint on the API (https://api.rowifi.link/v1/users/{DiscordId}) which is also written in Rust

and ofc tons more…

We’re now at Version 2.7.0. Join the discord server mentioned in the post for the concise changelog.

4 Likes

Holy damn, this is a great bot, though the most powerful feature seems to be the custom binds . Hopefully more updates get pushed soon

Thank you for the feedback. I must admit I don’t keep this thread up to date (even though I should). Although, all updates are announced on our server and I will soon bring this thread back on track

1 Like